(Topic ID: 110996)

Star Wars *2015* - Do you want STERN or JJP??

By Beez

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens Pinball - Which would you want?”

• Stern 268 votes
      52%
    • Jersey Jack PInball 248 votes
      48%

(516 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4574bc5eae779e13a46cbd0370139cb1.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    jjp_please.png
    ANA-Star-Wars-jet.jpg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    khan.png
    starwars_v.jpg
    starwars.jpg
    image.png
    Santa-with-list-008.jpg
    image-459.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 8 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Yeah, when did it become fashionable on Pinside to want new pins "right now" -- sometimes at the expense of art or code quality? -- What's the rush?
    Look - nobody likes serial "delays" via weak communication -- I hear that loud and clear (especially AFTER a deposit). But set that scenario aside a moment. if a slower-to-ship but higher-art-package-quality vendor gets the license and a pin is released (with good communication) in 2017 with more attention to detail, instead of rushed out in 2016 -- what's the issue?
    I thought part of the pinball experience was practicing patience -- you know like hunting for a grail for a year, and finally finding one at a decent price...
    -mof

I personally don't care who makes it. The issue I have is when they announce vs when it comes out. It's not patience. It's a about getting ppl are excited and hyped up and in some cases taking thier money on pre order than having them wait 1 year than another year and then another year than another few more months. That adds up

JJP and stern both make great games. They both can take years to make the game. Just don't get me all excited and then take forever to pump it out.

3 weeks later
    #317 8 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

Are you seriously trying to equate Stern to substance? There is a lot more substance in a JJP game than a Stern. JJP's only real problem is they can't crank out a game fast enough.
    Everything Stern releases is incomplete. Every game since IM. So if you wait the year or two it takes Stern to *maybe* update the code to be worth playing you might as well have waited to see how the JJP game turns out before buying anything

I think stern will have a LCD screen and movie video play back by then. There is no doubt that JJP makes a really high end game

Both stern n JJP has proven they can make a game that is deep to play

The main thing is stern can pump those games out in a timely fashion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-2015-do-you-want-stern-or-jjp?tu=pinballophobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.