(Topic ID: 110996)

Star Wars *2015* - Do you want STERN or JJP??

By Beez

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 328 posts
  • 143 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens Pinball - Which would you want?”

• Stern 268 votes
      52%
    • Jersey Jack PInball 248 votes
      48%

(516 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4574bc5eae779e13a46cbd0370139cb1.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    jjp_please.png
    ANA-Star-Wars-jet.jpg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    khan.png
    starwars_v.jpg
    starwars.jpg
    image.png
    Santa-with-list-008.jpg
    image-459.jpg
    There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 9 years ago

After the Star Wars Tease yesterday I'm pumped! Who would you rather see build the next Star Wars pin?? STERN or JJP and WHY?

#2 9 years ago

Stern cause they did such an AWESOME job on SW Trilogy.
    /sarcasm off

#3 9 years ago

Stern would get it done on time!!

#4 9 years ago

JJP cause they have the LCD screen.

#5 9 years ago

Whoever makes it, I think I'd rather see it after a few new Star Wars movies get released so it can pull from multiple movies.

#6 9 years ago

Where's the third option?:
    either one, as long as it gets made

#7 9 years ago

Stern... with John Borg. Would be perfect.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Whoever makes it, I think I'd rather see it after a few new Star Wars movies get released so it can pull from multiple movies.

Agreed. And DP would do it justice.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Stern cause they did such an AWESOME job on SW Trilogy.
    /sarcasm off

LOL

#10 9 years ago

Since Disney owns Star Wars it is going to be Stern, of this I have no doubt. This is good news In my eyes.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

JJP cause they have the LCD screen.

By that time Stern will have LCD, not to mention they will more likely still be in business.

Seriously though Stern has the much better lineup of designers, hence I would prefer them.

#13 9 years ago

This movie begs to have the JJP treatment. You've gotta have movie clips going during the game. If I have to watch a bunch of dots parade across the DMD like I'm still stuck in the 90s, I'll throw up. That would be a complete waste of a license.

#14 9 years ago

no pre order sh*t, sell me a game when it's done with decent code and in time.

#15 9 years ago

Stern with Ritchie/Lyman on the team. Not that JJP wouldn't do a better job but I can't afford to pay $9k plus for a pin. Stern Pro/Premium is where it's at.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

By that time Stern will have LCD, not to mention they will more likely still be in business.
    Seriously though has the much better lineup of designers, hence I would prefer them.

Not really sure about either of these statements.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Stern with Ritchie/Lyman on the team. Not that JJP wouldn't do a better job but I can't afford to pay $9k plus for a pin. Stern Pro/Premium is where it's at.

Which will also be 9k+ by that time.

#18 9 years ago

JJP is probably already taking preorders on the preorder.

#19 9 years ago

I don't care because I can't and won't afford a new pinball machine from either one! These new machine prices are insane!

#20 9 years ago

Stern because the pro would be under 5k even two years out.
    JJP it would be 10 k by 2017

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

Stern because the pro would be under 5k even two years out.
    JJP it would be 10 k by 2017

This. I would like to be able to purchase one. At 9-10k, I refuse to.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

no pre order sh*t, sell me a game when it's done with decent code and in time.

"done with decent code and in time" ... not in this stardate ...

#23 9 years ago

Stern, so it could be released in under three years. If JJP did it, the trilogy would already be out on DVD.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Beez:

"done with decent code and in time" ... not in this stardate ...

not if they use the force.

#25 9 years ago

For the pro, Stern

For the LE, JJP, if Lawlor would design it

Moot point, it's going to be Stern anyhow. It will be interesting how much more $$$$ they will try and squeeze out of the LCD for the LE guys. $8500 and 1000 "limited editions"?

#26 9 years ago

I agree with the post above...I'd rather see a SW pin after the trilogy or at least until the first couple are out. At least with JJP they can add movie clips to the LCD later for movies 2 and 3 if they were to make it only after the first one.

#27 9 years ago

I don't care. I just want it to be fun and less than $9k. I'm not holding my breath...

#28 9 years ago

I would want JJP to do it. Sterns quality has gone WAY down hill and JJP games are top notch. And plus Star Wars screams for an LCD not dots.

#29 9 years ago

Stern by a mile. JJP would make it another slow and boring wide body.

Stern has a proven record of fast and furious game play, JJP is the exact opposite. LCD screen, in my opinion, does not add to gameplay only adds to cost.

Post edited by rockinganker: missed a letter

#30 9 years ago

Not sure if others have seen my unicorn wish list, but here it is for Star Wars.

In 2015, we should see an Original Trilogy machine. Have it with 4 different LE models: Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, & Trilogy. I mean this as in cabinet and back box design (see Transformers). Gameplay and play field would be identical, maybe a minor variance in toys on the play field. For the Jedi machine, they can just put slave leia on the cabinet and back glass.

Then in 2019 or 2020 (once the new trilogy is complete), do a machine on the new trilogy.

As a complete Star Wars geek, that's what I would love to see.

#31 9 years ago

Up until the release of TH. I would have said JJP all day long. Now no RGB GI, No clearcoated cabinet, Smaug innovation , playfield layout and price tag. I hope stern gets it.

#32 9 years ago

Williams/Bally or Stern

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not sure if others have seen my unicorn wish list, but here it is for Star Wars.
    In 2015, we should see an Original Trilogy machine. Have it with 4 different LE models: Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, & Trilogy. I mean this as in cabinet and back box design (see Transformers). Gameplay and play field would be identical, maybe a minor variance in toys on the play field. For the Jedi machine, they can just put slave leia on the cabinet and back glass.
    Then in 2019 or 2020 (once the new trilogy is complete), do a machine on the new trilogy.
    As a complete Star Wars geek, that's what I would love to see.

That's deep ...

#34 9 years ago

Dutch Pinball!! And then Stern!

#35 9 years ago

I won't buy it if it is a DMD game from Stern. LCD game, maybe.

Sick of the dots on a 5k+ arcade game.

#36 9 years ago

Whoever does it first!

#37 9 years ago

Star Wars > Aliens

#38 9 years ago

DP should make it..... AFTER they release Game of Thrones....

I *would* have said JJP after WoZ but thar was before i saw the epic unveiling of Smaug

#39 9 years ago

I don't care who does it.....buy that time I'll be dead.

#40 9 years ago

Would have to be Stern, with Borg doing it. He has always stated that his first, and favorite, is SWDE. This would be made personal with him and we would get his best ever. I don't know if any other designer out there is a true Star Wars fan......I feel that being a HUGE fan of a theme would go a long way to achieving a true representation in a pin.

#41 9 years ago

I'm more concerned about the designer than the manufacturer.
    1. Gomez for fun and cool toys
    2. Ritchie for speed and flow
    3. Lawlor for innovation, but I would be concerned about a stop-and-go machine

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I won't buy it if it is a DMD game from Stern. LCD game, maybe.
    Sick of the dots on a 5k+ arcade game.

In 1000% agreement, at $7500 for an LE with Stern, it better have an LCD before I buy another one.

How great would TWD be with video clips of the show It has the best "dots" on any Stern pin I've seen but come on man!

#43 9 years ago

Stern
    Borg
    Sheats
    New board system (incl LCD)

And that will do thank you.

#45 9 years ago

I actually think Stern ... the reason is that I think Stern would do a better job on the toys (to be honest). I think Stern would do a better job on the lighting and look - though I think JJP would do better with something like Harry Potter or Alice in Wonderland (if JPOP wasn't doing it).

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Stern with Ritchie/Lyman on the team.

Yes!

#47 9 years ago

Stern! Because I could afford it and it would ship in a reasonable time frame (albeit with unfinished code).

#48 9 years ago

Yeeeehaw! Luke I am yer father *spits into a cup*

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

JJP is probably already taking preorders on the preorder.

From who? The preorder line is empty, and I see no one on the preorder horizon for preordering.

image-459.jpgimage-459.jpg

Preorder...

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

In 1000% agreement, at $7500 for an LE with Stern, it better have an LCD before I buy another one.
    How great would TWD be with video clips of the show It has the best "dots" on any Stern pin I've seen but come on man!

I just threw in a ColorDmd.

Now I'm $400 poorer...

There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-2015-do-you-want-stern-or-jjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.