B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 6 years ago

I'm enjoying this machine immensely. (Finally! After replacing a Node board, trough boards, and 4-5 light boards).

I don't understand any of the complaints about the layout and kinetics. Game plays smooth as butter and very fast. You have a ton of control over how the story unfolds, with both ramps, Death Star shot, and left loop all backhandable. Hyperloop is crazy cool. Still haven't blown up Death Star as I've just gotten mine working 100%, or progressed too far in gameplay, but I've gotten to where I can nail the DS shot during Hyperloop. It's a tight shot, but you can also backhand it with a perfect shot.

One quirk that got me last night. Having a very good game, on ball 3, had Endor and Death Star modes lit, and shot the left ramp - ahhhh, I can relax for a second and take a drink during mode select- WRONG! I'm reaching back behind me for my drink and that ramp shot did not start Mode Select but instead the playfield went dark and started Escape From Boba Fett! Drained before I could get my hand back to left flipper. Just bad luck, but maybe something to let us know the shot won't start Endor/modes before I hit it?

I do understand some complaints about code, scoring wise. It seems fairly complicated to keep track of multipliers, what shot is your best to multiply, are they On/Off, should they be, etc. But the control it gives you over this is impressive. And I'm sure I'll learn as I continue to play.

As for the code of gameplay itself, pretty straight-forward mode-based game where you chase down shots and follow the colored arrows. Lots of stress on combos during mode-play, which I like. Natural progressions and the story unfolds wonderfully as you qualify and finish the modes. The sounds and video are so rewarding for a SW fan, it's difficult to explain even. It's pure bliss.

As for depth, so far it seems incredibly deep, and as of yet I've only played as Luke!

I concur with the One More Game crowd. This machine has it. Played for a couple hours last night, just couldn't stop.

I did have to adjust my Fork Ramp. It wasn't QUITE all the way down in resting position, and a ball trap for a slow roller. Just had to work the spring a little, and ever-so-slightly bend the left side of ramp which was touching playfield on the way down. Played great for 6-7 games after that.

Overall, despite the issues I've had with mine, I'm loving it. I'd buy it again if I didn't have one. Can't wait to play more and learn more....

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OUCH! Glad you're up and running.
I understand it can be hard for people not very good as the basics of pinball (I'm not point this at you )
Like if you can trap a ball, then you can read a screen if you want to know what your multiplier number is...IF it even matters. You have lit shots, and a big green insert in front of it, that's what you shoot. I think people THINK it's more complex then it is.

I understand the lit multiplier shots, turning on/off, multiplier basics, reading the number on the screen (lol) etc. But where is the best placement?

What's the payoff shot in Speeder Bike, for instance? Escape From Hoth? etc? The shot you want to make sure you have multiplied.

I quickly observed SJP for Tie Multi was left ramp, so now I know to keep a multiplier lit there during Tie. I'm assuming Multiplier placement is key to maximizing points, knowing where to place them ahead of time, especially when you have two modes stacked with Tie multi, and everything under the glass is blinking at you and making wonderfully chaotic sounds.

I scored 114M in a Video Mode last night, is that entire mode multiplied if you place it there? If so, that's a lot of potential points.

So while I understand the basics of the multipliers, I still find placing the multipliers a challenge, mainly because I don't know what shots hold the most points yet. You can understand the basics of pinball and still not intuitively know where and how every mode or multiball will end, ie where and when to place the multipliers.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I just added the LE side rail mod from hooked on pinball. Looks awesome. Should have been there with the release.

I agree. When I first saw the LE pics, I just assumed the rails lit up. Looks the way it should now. I'm not a mod guy, but this one tempts me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mechslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released?tu=mechslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.