B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshodbrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Hi guys can someone post a video downloading code into spike 2

Do you mean downloading to your USB stick from the Stern website, or installing on your actual game?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Who else loves the tie fighter button smash on this game. I've seen a lot of people really knock it but I think it's really fun. Do you risk smashing away when a ball isn't trapped? I go crazy aggressive and just try my best not to drain. It's pretty funny trying to get 20 or destroys when the ball isn't safely trapped.

Yup, love it. I love watching people play it that way too, especially when they have to frantically switch hands, everyone gets a good laugh when you have those close calls. Even if you drain when that happens, it doesn’t feel cheap, cause it was your own fault for taking the risk. Good wholesome fun!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

I echo your points 1 and 2!!!!!
- Game should have a ball save feature when ball kicks out of right kickout
- if during a plunge the ball drains in Outlane, and then does it again, game should kick out a third ball.
Last week off a fresh plunge (during a tournament) i immediately got a right Outland drain, then ball saver plunged another ball, immediately drained and used my escape, THEN it drained AGAIN in the right Outlane.
Simple code update to do this.

By chance, were you playing the Star Wars at Lamplighter? that game was set up a little weird when I played it a while back. lots of outlane drains off the plunge. Really had to be on your toes.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I am considering buying SW in 2018 but I'm currently living vicariously through others; if someone would be willing to shoot some updated video over the next few days and post a link, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance if anyone does so.

I was thinking of filming some 1.0 gameplay on my pro if enough people are interested. I'll film it in 4K and potentially release in the next day or so. I also have Pin Stadiums installed, so should be nice and bright for the cameras.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Don't pinstadiums ruin the ambiance of the game? I mean the game is already bright as can be but I think they would just wash out the cool multi color GI effect.

You can tone down the brightness bit, and still have even light distribution. The modes where the red and blue GI are dominate (Light Saber Duel), the white GI will go off, which turns the Pin stadiums off as well, assuming you have the GI plugin on the Pin Stadiums. They may flicker on very briefly as part of the lighting effects wherever white GI is turned on during that mode.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Ghostbusters time. Hope its a biggie update too!

That's the next one I am really looking forward to. If they could do anything, I wish there were a way to switch up the order of the scenes in each of the ladders. So for instance, maybe when the ladders are all flashing, if you shot the left ramp, you could select the Ballroom scene first, or even have it be flashing through a sequence and whichever scene was lit when your shot registered would start that scene. If you needed to make a selection, I don't think there would be a problem here, because each of those shots (library scoop, left ramp, and right orbit) can all hold the ball with the diverters, or up post in the left orbit, or in the scoop while you choose your scene.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’ve played the pro about 10 times. I select my mode, try to follow along, hit the blinking lights (sometimes two different colors are blinking (?), hit a hurry up or two and maybe get a MB, but still no real clue as to what Im doing. I have no idea how to obtain or leverage a multiplier yet. I suppose reading the apron card will help, but even those just scratch the surface of most rulesets.

Shameless plug time! I threw together this tutorial video on Star Wars Pro a few versions of the code back, but it should still apply today. I explain multipliers in pretty great detail, maybe it'll help you out.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Natetheviking:

It says in the description that you can’t stack fourth modes (Destroy the Death Star, Battle Over Endor et al.) with other missions anymore do those missions include other fourth modes?

It is true, by default you can only play the 4th modes one at a time. You can however still play the modes I/II/III from any planet stacked with other I/II/III modes. There might be a software setting to change this back to how it worked on old code for the 4th modes, i have not explored this yet.

#102 6 years ago

you can stack any planet mode I/II/III with any other Planets I/II/IIs if they are qualified and available to be played. You cannot mix any 4th Mode with any other 4th modes, or any I/II/III modes. you will play Mode 4s for each planet by themselves. I have not explored whether this can be changed in the settings yet.

2 weeks later
#210 6 years ago

The D9 issue was related to a service bulletin from Stern in the last month or so. You can update the code with the board missing or not working, and it should sync up ok when you introduce the replacement board later on. Really there is no point to install now until you get your replacement. I dont think the node board would have fried because of .92 code. D9 rattles around from vibration and probably broke and caused some stuff to cook on the node board. The Star Wars on location at a friends bar had the same issue after 3-4 thousand plays on it, and when I looked at it, it was missing the 6 volts. Stern is sending him a replacement free of charge.

I have always used Full with Verify and it takes 20 minutes or less. I am sure the other modes work fine too and are likely faster, but I have not played with them. I don't expect they would include those options if there was risk of it bricking your machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joshodbrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released?tu=joshodbrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.