B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

Nice big update. Can't wait to try it out over the holidays.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I love a deep, well coded game. But the idea of “math chess” doesn’t appeal to me either. Why does RH refer to these rules - and GOT - as math chess, as opposed to “good, deep rules”? Are SW rules convoluted? Complicated for no real reason? Etc.?

Have you played the game or are you just listening to RH rants? The only thing complicated are the multipliers and that's not really complicated either. It just adds another layer of things that you are trying to accomplish during play. I think it helps keep the game fresh while other deep games like lotr get stale for me quickly. If you just want to mindlessly flip around then this game is probably not for you. If you like games with deep scoring strategies that have multiple layers to the code then you will like it.

It's different which in my opinion gives it a ton of staying power.

#42 6 years ago

Who else loves the tie fighter button smash on this game. I've seen a lot of people really knock it but I think it's really fun. Do you risk smashing away when a ball isn't trapped? I go crazy aggressive and just try my best not to drain. It's pretty funny trying to get 20 or destroys when the ball isn't safely trapped.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yup, love it. I love watching people play it that way too, especially when they have to frantically switch hands, everyone gets a good laugh when you have those close calls. Even if you drain when that happens, it doesn’t feel cheap, cause it was your own fault for taking the risk. Good wholesome fun!

My favorite is when I drain only to hear the tie fighter multiball start. Love hitting 35 right before the trough registers a drain.

#69 6 years ago

I like all my dmds at 7.2 for standards and 7.6 for wide bodies.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’ve played the pro about 10 times. I select my mode, try to follow along, hit the blinking lights (sometimes two different colors are blinking (?), hit a hurry up or two and maybe get a MB, but still no real clue as to what Im doing. I have no idea how to obtain or leverage a multiplier yet. I suppose reading the apron card will help, but even those just scratch the surface of most rulesets.

If 2 different colors are blinking you most likely selected to start 2 modes at once which is an option if you have multiple mode locations lit. For some modes stacking them is great, for others not so much.

1 week later
#140 6 years ago

Finally got to play some games on the new code last night. The lighting and sounds are really nicely done on this game and the code feels pretty complete at this point to me. This game has that one more play appeal big time. The code is unlike anything else in pinball and I think it's great to see coders taking chances like this. Some people will hate it because it's different but I personally have really grown to like this game a lot. I expected it to just be OK and something that I would bat around at for a few months before selling it. It really keeps me on my toes with numerous ways to score at all times and lots of different paths to take. I like that it still somewhat tells the star wars story but unlike some other really deep games I have multiple ways to approach it. I love LOTR but it tells the same story over and over so it gets old for me. SW is like 5-6 stories so I think it has more lasting power for me.

#161 6 years ago

So realistically what is a good score on this game for a premium/le? I see people saying they are getting over a billion in bonus alone and it makes me think I'm either missing something or I suck or it's a combination of both (which is very likely). I'm just not getting to were I can destroy the death star every once in a while on a good game but I'm struggling to score much over 2 billion. This game has a crazy amount of side to side movement and that left drain is just plain nasty. I'm getting better at slowing down and taking advantage of the multiplier but I still do not always do it which is why I'm likely missing out on a ton of points.

Man am I glad I ignored all of the pinside hate on this game. It is really addictive and the only other stern that has really grabbed me like this is ACDC. It's just a blast to play.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Updated my sw le. Still a shitty pin. Hate my sw le. Dream theme. Shit gameplay. Hell i have more fun playing lah.
Anyone wanna buy my sw le? Hate it

No game is for everyone, but I couldn't disagree more. SW is an absolute blast to play for me. Sorry you do not like your game.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I installed pf protector and red convolux plastic protector before first game. Its in perfect condition.
Its got SO low playes on it.
It does NOT get played at all.
Anyone in europe who is interrested, i can easyley ship on a pallet. Trade is also an option.
Write to me, if you want to buy sw le in super condition.

Maybe it plays like shit because of the playfield protector. It took me close to 50 plays just to understand part of the rules and I didn't care for it much initially. I got a premium on a whim as a used show game. Thought I had made a mistake but stuck with it and man am I glad I did. After understanding the rules this game is awesome.

I can see your for sale add now. Buy my shit game, this is pristine shit, plays like shit, looks like shit, pristine shit here lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 21.50
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.