Topic Stats

• 222 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by silver_spinner
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

43BD00C3-5C9A-4482-9A86-EF4F56B4C4C6 (resized).jpeg
B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

2 people I talked to that sold game said it was too hard???
I want one but this scared Me off as I'm not a great player.
Is it that hard???

Three things:

1) It is a FAST game, i.e. that ball is back at your flipper in no time, and with some serious velocity!

2) If the game is not set up correctly it will drain your ball and drain quickly. Level and pitch have to be perfect, the plunger lane guide must be adjusted so that you don't get any instant outlane drains, and the right eject kicker power must be adjusted down so that it doesn't shoot SDTM. I've played SW Pros straight out of the box that once you lower the kicker power played perfectly, and in contrast my Premium took a lot of tweaking in term of pitch and guide adjustments until it played right....it was very frustrating!!

3) It is very much a risk versus reward game, especially with the 3 bank target and the use of the lockbar center button during gameplay. Shoot that 3 bank and use that center lockbar button correctly...and your scores will go up dramatically. Hit that 3 bank wrong...drain......take your hands off of the flipper at the wrong time to use the center button...drain!

.....but it is a pure adrenaline fantastic theme integration awesome sound phenomenal lightshow let's just play one more game type of pin!!!

#51 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Echoing some comments above, I've spent very little time on the game. It's not because it's hard per se, it's because
1) I plunge the skill shot, it banks off onto the force targets and down the outlane. Ball save kicks in, the game auotplunges, the ball goes off the force targets and down the outlane.
2) I hit the right scoop, get an award, and the kickout sends the ball down the middle.
3) Everything seems to be lit something, I hit some shots, sometimes things flash, I hit some more shots, I eventually drain and don't know what I've accomplished, what I failed to do, or what I'm supposed to do next. I assume I could learn some of this if I watched the screen, but I rarely have occasion to look at it since the game is generally pretty fast, isn't stop and go, and there's usually lit stuff to shoot so I shoot for it with the notion I'll more or less progress through the game. I don't actually know if this is what happens.
It sounds like this code has the potential to address some of these issues. I imagine audio callouts also help, but I play on location and don't usually hear what games are telling me (unless I'm already familiar with a game).
I of course could watch other people play or study videos online, but with other more intuitive pin options that have fewer cheap drains at the same bars, I've felt no compelling reason to spend the time on SW.

As I posted just before you, items 1 & 2 can be fixed, so those can be put on the operator. Let them know you would love to put money into the pin, but aren't going to until they spend the time to set it up right.

As for item 3 you can play this thing all day every day without looking at the screen. 4 planets, each it's own color (Orange/Blue/Green/Purple). Each color represents a lane/ramp with that Planets name on it. Hit that lane/ramp often enough and a mode for that planet will become available (the flashing color square). Shoot it one more time and the mode (or other modes across the different colors/planets) can be started. Then shoot the color shots according to that planet's/modes color.

There's obviously more to it than just that, but isn't that the same with any pin made in the last 20 years?? Where before you had specific inserts & labels for shots, they now use color as well.....

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Don't pinstadiums ruin the ambiance of the game? I mean the game is already bright as can be but I think they would just wash out the cool multi color GI effect.

That's true if you do not get the GI integration module. Using it to only enhance the white GI and tying to the white ONLY should not affect the ambiance. I have a Pinstadium with GI module on order, and I'm concerned about losing the ambiance of the lighting as well. It if doesn't work out I'll uninstall it and resell.....but I believe it will give that extra playfield illumination that is missing while playing.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wonder if it knows when the colored modes are active and shuts off? But Light Saber battle uses both red and blue at the same time right?

You have trouble seeing yours? Mine is super bright

The GI is still distinct bulbs for white/red/blue. You tie the GI module to a white circuit, and Pinstadium will then dim in concert with that circuit. Red and blue will not affect it.

I do want it to be brighter between the flippers & slingshots. I've added spotlights to my MMr to achieve the same thing, but the posts around the slingshots are too full to perform this type of mod to the SW. I'm not going for the glow/different color flasher affect, just purely a bit brighter and uniform white GI that turns off with the white pin's GI depending on the mode/lighting effect. We will have to see, but other installs of just that show a great improvement in the pics......

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

With the vast world of Star Wars to choose from, they chose PLANETS as mode bases. That’s a little disappointing. But don’t get me wrong, when I buy my next Stern, I am strongly considering SW. But I also love AS and there’s plenty of back catelogue games to choose from as well. But SW does own all the movie assets, and that’s huge.

Well, if you go look at each movie of the original trilogy, they are centered around events on Tatooine (New Hope), Hoth (Empire), & Endor (Return). Throw in a 4th "planet" (Death Star) as a common thread a lot of the things that happened occurred there. Each one of those had a LOT of the plot and action events happen, those became the modes. Then you get to choose a character and how they interacted or didn't interact in those events, and throw in some mini-wizard and wizard modes....and you have Steve Ritchie's pinball version of Star Wars.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

13 minutes with Endor planet correction? Getting slow guys

Okay....Forest Moon....

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I don;t care but you know how..."they" are

Believe me, I know, my son is one of them. Had to make extra sure that the X-Wings and TIE Fighters I added as mods were from the correct trilogy and *not* from the prequel or sequel trilogies......

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just don't understand why the skill shot still has all the multplyers the same,I understand early code had different values

The original release code did have them varying but in a couple hundred games I’ve played on one I’ve never hit the right most target on the bank, be it shooting the skill shot with the plunger or the button, so they must have thought it was a moot point. They do now vary the speed of the moving target instead...

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I thought Endor was the name of the planet and the moon.
Haven't updated the code yet, but I'm pretty excited and was really pleased with how quickly we got to 1.0.

Correct!! Wow, didn't realize that myself. From the Wookiepedia:

Endor (also known as the Forest Moon of Endor or the Sanctuary Moon) was a small forested moon that orbited the Outer Rim planet of the same name and was the homeworld of the sentient Ewok and Yuzzum species.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yeah I've left it where you can stack the smaller modes, but the 4th modes you have to play independently. It really makes it feel more like a real mission and provides a nice balance. Before you could stack multiple 4th modes together and score a lot of points and play a while without really making to much controlled progress.
We're enjoying the new code, just have to play it more. Luckily vacation time is coming up

I may head that route. So far I've had them all set to unstackable, and even after a 4B+ game I barely had completed more than half of the modes....

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Remember if you turn stacking off, I’ve been told you will likely never see the end of the game because it would take hours to finish with stacking turned OFF. Just sayin’

After 250+ games played like this, including some 4+ Billion score games that barely had half the modes lit.......I can believe it!

1 week later
#147 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I played an LE last night and was curious what are the 3 small green icons in the center of the display for? They are animated and spinning and must be associated to something. THere were also what looks like 4 bombs underneath them, what do they do? Lots of small information on the screen that is impossible to see when you are playing, unless you trap the ball. Its cool I guess for the spectators, but I see limited value for the player, unless I am missing something.

The 3 icons correspond to pop bumper hits. From what I understand with each hit one of them changes, and if you get them all alike an award is given....

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think they did a great job.
The modes with lightshows (hyperspace, lightsaber) are really well done.
I'm still thinking I should upgrade to a premium!

Zero regrets on my part buying a Premium over a Pro. If I had gotten a Pro my mind would have been filled with "...maybe I should have bought".....

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thank you! Any idea how you use the bombs under the 3 icons? or maybe they are just an indicator?

No idea, may have to take the glass off and figure it out.....

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think the “really low” plays are part of your problem with the game. Nearly impossible to appreciate the game without playing it a bunch.

That and the playfield protector....can't even imagine playing a SW that's even faster!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Center, MN
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 279.95
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burrillville, RI
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aukraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside