B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Dang I was hoping to pick up an LE or Premium cheap before this dropped! Oh well. $10K by Christmas.

No kidding! Once folks get word that SW and BM66 and, hell, even Kiss are practically complete, prices are going to soar!! Games will be “bolted to the floor” and “not going anywhere anytime soon!”. Damn, I missed my opportunity to buy an overpriced game at market rate and will have to settle for the inflated aftermarket prices!

Or not. Enjoy your finished games everyone! It’s about freaking time!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the opposite will happen or at least there's now a greater chance it will hold its value. Deep and unique code sells games, as does having licensed assets in terms of actor audio, video featuring actors and licensed music. Star Wars now has all of those plus some pretty slick hand drawn artwork from Disney to boot.
I've done a 180 on this game once I finally saw and played it in person, go figure that not judging the game just on pictures I saw and instead playing it would change my mind, lol.
Also, nice profile pic, that video is hilarious.

I love a deep, well coded game. But the idea of “math chess” doesn’t appeal to me either. Why does RH refer to these rules - and GOT - as math chess, as opposed to “good, deep rules”? Are SW rules convoluted? Complicated for no real reason? Etc.?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nice big update. Can't wait to try it out over the holidays.

Have you played the game or are you just listening to RH rants? The only thing complicated are the multipliers and that's not really complicated either. It just adds another layer of things that you are trying to accomplish during play. I think it helps keep the game fresh while other deep games like lotr get stale for me quickly. If you just want to mindlessly flip around then this game is probably not for you. If you like games with deep scoring strategies that have multiple layers to the code then you will like it.
It's different which in my opinion gives it a ton of staying power.

I’ve played the pro about 10 times. I select my mode, try to follow along, hit the blinking lights (sometimes two different colors are blinking (?), hit a hurry up or two and maybe get a MB, but still no real clue as to what Im doing. I have no idea how to obtain or leverage a multiplier yet. I suppose reading the apron card will help, but even those just scratch the surface of most rulesets.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As I posted just before you, items 1 & 2 can be fixed, so those can be put on the operator. Let them know you would love to put money into the pin, but aren't going to until they spend the time to set it up right.
As for item 3 you can play this thing all day every day without looking at the screen. 4 planets, each it's own color (Orange/Blue/Green/Purple). Each color represents a lane/ramp with that Planets name on it. Hit that lane/ramp often enough and a mode for that planet will become available (the flashing color square). Shoot it one more time and the mode (or other modes across the different colors/planets) can be started. Then shoot the color shots according to that planet's/modes color.
There's obviously more to it than just that, but isn't that the same with any pin made in the last 20 years?? Where before you had specific inserts & labels for shots, they now use color as well.....

With the vast world of Star Wars to choose from, they chose PLANETS as mode bases. That’s a little disappointing. But don’t get me wrong, when I buy my next Stern, I am strongly considering SW. But I also love AS and there’s plenty of back catelogue games to choose from as well. But SW does own all the movie assets, and that’s huge.

2 weeks later
#211 6 years ago

Was having a great game on route. Had the game lit up like New Year’s Eve and was scoring like crazy. Then I hit the turnaround and it trapped the ball. I thought, cool, something special is about to happen. Instead, the game went dead - like a tilt, but it didn’t tilt - and then ball was released and drained (dead flippers). Then game started right up again. But it was my last ball, so the game was over at that point.

Anyone know what happened? Is this a Spike reset? I figured an actual reset would cause the game to reboot, but that’s not what happened.

It sucked, and took the fun out of playing it anymore that afternoon.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It sounds like you uncovered a software bug. The game code will reset instead of just crashing so you can continue to play a new game.

Bummer. I wish I could be more specific as to what was happening in the game so as to point this out to Stern, but I was just jamming and hitting the lit shots, etc. I’m still new to the game and rules.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheFamilyArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released?tu=TheFamilyArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.