Topic Stats

• 222 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by silver_spinner
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

43BD00C3-5C9A-4482-9A86-EF4F56B4C4C6 (resized).jpeg
B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 months ago
Quoted from DEN:

S... i just got a warning from pinside, won’t tell my thoughts about my star wars le on this thread anymore

Thank god for that! There are plenty of us that really like the machine and enjoy playing it.

#202 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thank god for that! There are plenty of us that really like the machine and enjoy playing it.

You can still like and enjoy your star wars pin, despite me hating it, wierd thing to write. Enjoy your pin man

#203 9 months ago
Quoted from DEN:

S... i just got a warning from pinside, won’t tell my thoughts about my star wars le on this thread anymore

Looking at your collection, it looks like you prefer older style games that have interactive toys and playfield elements that dictate what a good game is 'to you'. Star Wars on the other hand is all about speed, flow, hurry ups, rules, strategy, etc... at a high adrenaline pace. Games like that are not for everybody but Steve Ritchie and Dwight Sullivan are breaking barriers with pinball and its alternate methods of approaching a game making each game different from the next. Tons of paths, tons of scoring opportunities, tons of breadth. Keith Johnson is the first programmer to take on this new breed of pinball rules with JJPOTC and I'm really interested to see what he brings to the table with these next generation type rules.

#204 9 months ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

I just added the LE side rail mod from hooked on pinball. Looks awesome. Should have been there with the release.

I agree. When I first saw the LE pics, I just assumed the rails lit up. Looks the way it should now. I'm not a mod guy, but this one tempts me.

#205 9 months ago
Quoted from DEN:

You can still like and enjoy your star wars pin, despite me hating it, wierd thing to write. Enjoy your pin man

We love it. I will admit that it has taken me a few months to warm up to it and I did have to start playing around with the characters and multypliers before I got in to it. Pinball is all about having fun. If it is not fun move the machine out!

#206 8 months ago

I’m starting to agree with another poster who says its stupid that SW keeps playing Light Saber Duel over and over again which blocks game progress to Wizard modes. This is unacceptable and it takes the special-ness out of the mode too.

#207 8 months ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I’m starting to agree with another poster who says its stupid that SW keeps playing Light Saber Duel over and over again which blocks game progress to Wizard modes. This is unacceptable and it takes the special-ness out of the mode too.

I agree. It shouldn’t be played more than once if it is beaten the first time. It would be an easy change, just make the drop target award into something else the next time around.

#208 8 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree. It shouldn’t be played more than once if it is beaten the first time. It would be an easy change, just make the drop target award into something else the next time around.

Light saber and Boba Fett should be done once completed until you start a new character.

#209 8 months ago

I'm updating now from .92 to 1.0 code
.92 overload and fried node board D9 and i'm now updating without this board, is it ok ?
When to use ''full'' update and ''quick'' update ?
When to use ''verify'' option ?
Thanks

#210 8 months ago

The D9 issue was related to a service bulletin from Stern in the last month or so. You can update the code with the board missing or not working, and it should sync up ok when you introduce the replacement board later on. Really there is no point to install now until you get your replacement. I dont think the node board would have fried because of .92 code. D9 rattles around from vibration and probably broke and caused some stuff to cook on the node board. The Star Wars on location at a friends bar had the same issue after 3-4 thousand plays on it, and when I looked at it, it was missing the 6 volts. Stern is sending him a replacement free of charge.

I have always used Full with Verify and it takes 20 minutes or less. I am sure the other modes work fine too and are likely faster, but I have not played with them. I don't expect they would include those options if there was risk of it bricking your machine.

#211 8 months ago

Was having a great game on route. Had the game lit up like New Year’s Eve and was scoring like crazy. Then I hit the turnaround and it trapped the ball. I thought, cool, something special is about to happen. Instead, the game went dead - like a tilt, but it didn’t tilt - and then ball was released and drained (dead flippers). Then game started right up again. But it was my last ball, so the game was over at that point.

Anyone know what happened? Is this a Spike reset? I figured an actual reset would cause the game to reboot, but that’s not what happened.

It sucked, and took the fun out of playing it anymore that afternoon.

#212 8 months ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The D9 issue was related to a service bulletin from Stern in the last month or so. You can update the code with the board missing or not working, and it should sync up ok when you introduce the replacement board later on. Really there is no point to install now until you get your replacement. I dont think the node board would have fried because of .92 code. D9 rattles around from vibration and probably broke and caused some stuff to cook on the node board. The Star Wars on location at a friends bar had the same issue after 3-4 thousand plays on it, and when I looked at it, it was missing the 6 volts. Stern is sending him a replacement free of charge.
I have always used Full with Verify and it takes 20 minutes or less. I am sure the other modes work fine too and are likely faster, but I have not played with them. I don't expect they would include those options if there was risk of it bricking your machine.

Thanks for your answer, very apreciated !
My mistake, node board 9 is ok and i put a spacer with tie wrap to secure D9 diode. (same for node noard 8 )
The fried board is the serial motor board 9D to control the fork ramp. Many here had the same ''bad'' experience with .92 code
I received my nib premium with code .92 and serial motor board 9D fried after 15 games.
I'm waiting for the replacement board and in the meantime i try to play few missions that are possible without the fork ramp ...
I don't trust .92 anymore and i decided to update the code without 9D

#213 8 months ago

Guys I have a question...is there a multi ball mode where you have balls in the hyperloop and its NOT supposed to add another ball if you hit one in the Death Star? Seems the first few times I got to a mode with the hyperloop drive, if I added another ball, it would go round and round too, and it would feed me a new ball out of the shooter lane. But the last few times I played if I hit the ball into the drive, it never added another ball and it would just stop when it timed out. Is that a bug?

#214 8 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I have a question...is there a multi ball mode where you have balls in the hyperloop and its NOT supposed to add another ball if you hit on in the Death Star? Seems the first few times I got to a mode with the hyperloop drive, if I added another ball, it would go round and round too, and it would feed me a new ball out of the shooter lane. But the last few times I played if I hit the ball into the drive, it never added another ball and it would just stop when it timed out. Is that a bug?

No bug. First time you start Hyperspace hurry up, it is only one ball. The 2nd time you get to the Hyperspace hurry up, then you can add in other balls into the hyperloop.

#215 8 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Guys I have a question...is there a multi ball mode where you have balls in the hyperloop and its NOT supposed to add another ball if you hit on in the Death Star? Seems the first few times I got to a mode with the hyperloop drive, if I added another ball, it would go round and round too, and it would feed me a new ball out of the shooter lane. But the last few times I played if I hit the ball into the drive, it never added another ball and it would just stop when it timed out. Is that a bug?

Hyperspace multiball (which starts when the 2nd hyperspace hurry-up is completed) is the only mode where you can put more than one ball in the Hyperspace loop. The loop is used in various modes as the finishing shot, but that is in single ball play typically. You could stack hyperspace MB with another MB however.

#216 8 months ago

It sounds like you uncovered a software bug. The game code will reset instead of just crashing so you can continue to play a new game.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Was having a great game on route. Had the game lit up like New Year’s Eve and was scoring like crazy. Then I hit the turnaround and it trapped the ball. I thought, cool, something special is about to happen. Instead, the game went dead - like a tilt, but it didn’t tilt - and then ball was released and drained (dead flippers). Then game started right up again. But it was my last ball, so the game was over at that point.
Anyone know what happened? Is this a Spike reset? I figured an actual reset would cause the game to reboot, but that’s not what happened.
It sucked, and took the fun out of playing it anymore that afternoon.

#217 8 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It sounds like you uncovered a software bug. The game code will reset instead of just crashing so you can continue to play a new game.

Bummer. I wish I could be more specific as to what was happening in the game so as to point this out to Stern, but I was just jamming and hitting the lit shots, etc. I’m still new to the game and rules.

2 weeks later
#218 8 months ago

So I'm going to be getting my SW Premium in a few days and I've been doing some research reading about the game, issues, etc. One thing I haven't found is who the "coding team" is that is working on it? Only thing I am able to deduce is that it isn't Lyman.

#219 8 months ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So I'm going to be getting my SW Premium in a few days and I've been doing some research reading about the game, issues, etc. One thing I haven't found is who the "coding team" is that is working on it? Only thing I am able to deduce is that it isn't Lyman.

That’s correct. Dwight Sullivan is lead on SW

#220 8 months ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So I'm going to be getting my SW Premium in a few days

Welcome back buddy - hope all is well for you.

1 month later
#221 6 months ago

I read CaptainbZarre's rulesheet, wow.......... i want one.
Does anyone want to exchange SW for my homemade SWDSO

1 week later
#222 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I read CaptainbZarre's rulesheet, wow.......... i want one.
Does anyone want to exchange SW for my homemade SWDSO

Where is this rulesheet? Is it up to date current code?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 5,799.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fulshear, TX
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 124.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 217.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 91.00
$ 65.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 19.95
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside