B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thank you! Any idea how you use the bombs under the 3 icons? or maybe they are just an indicator?

No idea, may have to take the glass off and figure it out.....

#152 6 years ago

Not familiar with “3 bombs” maybe it’s the mode objective for the mode you are in? The three green icons that change are the “targeting computer” and they are the pop awards. These are slot machine style awards similar Game of Thrones and Ghostbusters. If you go into instant info there is a screen that has a key for all the icons and what the award is.

#153 6 years ago

I am a pinball noob who bought the premium as his first machine. I too have noticed the difficulty in getting the death star shot as well as the ramps at times. People have mentioned adjusting the level of the board to 65. Can someone explain to me what this means and how to do it? Very frustrating to get the ball in the death star shot but not have it have enough juice to make it up the fork.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from heartbrand:

I am a pinball noob who bought the premium as his first machine. I too have noticed the difficulty in getting the death star shot as well as the ramps at times. People have mentioned adjusting the level of the board to 65. Can someone explain to me what this means and how to do it? Very frustrating to get the ball in the death star shot but not have it have enough juice to make it up the fork.

They are talking about front to back leveling. If the bubble level near the shooter is centered you should be pretty close to 6.5.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They are talking about front to back leveling. If the bubble level near the shooter is centered you should be pretty close to 6.5.

I would never trust the bubble level, in fact if mine was centered it would be around 7.1. Use the “Pin Guy” app to level or a digital level. Make sure you put the level on the playfield (not the glass) in the middle above the flippers between the slings. Also level as close to the top of the playfield as you can get. Probably just to the right of the tie fighter. Just because the lower part of the playfield is level doesn’t necessarily mean that the upper part is level.

#156 6 years ago

How do I adjust the level of the table?

#157 6 years ago

The nuts on the feet. After you get the front-back leveling correct, make sure side-side is also level.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Put all 3 files in the root directory of your flash drive... make sure they aren’t in a folder.

I created a video to show how to download and unzip the three files to a memory stick.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/12/22/pinball-tech-downloading-and-unzipping-files-for-sterns-spike-2-system-star-wars-code-1-0-video/

Video :

fffff (resized).jpgfffff (resized).jpg

#159 6 years ago

Today I was 'bonus champion' (1.3 billion ) So I entered my initials on the machine.
But in attract mode, the machine showed all the champions, but not the bonus champion

Bug?

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I played an LE last night and was curious what are the 3 small green icons in the center of the display for? They are animated and spinning and must be associated to something. THere were also what looks like 4 bombs underneath them, what do they do? Lots of small information on the screen that is impossible to see when you are playing, unless you trap the ball. Its cool I guess for the spectators, but I see limited value for the player, unless I am missing something.

I think your green icons were answered earlier. The 4 bombs sound like you are in the Endor III mode, where you make shots to set the 4 charges in the Shield Generator bunker.

#161 6 years ago

So realistically what is a good score on this game for a premium/le? I see people saying they are getting over a billion in bonus alone and it makes me think I'm either missing something or I suck or it's a combination of both (which is very likely). I'm just not getting to were I can destroy the death star every once in a while on a good game but I'm struggling to score much over 2 billion. This game has a crazy amount of side to side movement and that left drain is just plain nasty. I'm getting better at slowing down and taking advantage of the multiplier but I still do not always do it which is why I'm likely missing out on a ton of points.

Man am I glad I ignored all of the pinside hate on this game. It is really addictive and the only other stern that has really grabbed me like this is ACDC. It's just a blast to play.

#162 6 years ago

Updated my sw le. Still a shitty pin. Hate my sw le. Dream theme. Shit gameplay. Hell i have more fun playing lah.
Anyone wanna buy my sw le? Hate it

EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpegEB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Updated my sw le. Still a shitty pin. Hate my sw le. Dream theme. Shit gameplay. Hell i have more fun playing lah.
Anyone wanna buy my sw le? Hate it

No game is for everyone, but I couldn't disagree more. SW is an absolute blast to play for me. Sorry you do not like your game.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Still a shitty pin

Quoted from DEN:

Hate my sw le.

Quoted from DEN:

Dream theme. Shit gameplay

Quoted from DEN:

more fun playing lah.

So can you tell me how you really feel about your SW LE?

Let the Hate Flow.pngLet the Hate Flow.png

#165 6 years ago

Yeah, that's too bad. I really like the game (but have similar feelings about GOTG which I really wanted to love). Fortunately, I didn't buy it though. If you weren't on the other side of the pond, I'd consider buying your SW.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So can you tell me how you really feel about your SW LE?

Its my dream theme. Bought it without any hazitation before i knew anything about it.
I allways wrote posetive about it, couldent understand with the bashers and nay sayers. Allways defented this lovley theme.......
Until i owend it. What a letdown. I mean.... omg its such a shitty pin. Whatta hell?
SR. Original series. New LE, it should be thw best, trust me, its not

#167 6 years ago

I installed pf protector and red convolux plastic protector before first game. Its in perfect condition.
Its got SO low playes on it.
It does NOT get played at all.
Anyone in europe who is interrested, i can easyley ship on a pallet. Trade is also an option.
Write to me, if you want to buy sw le in super condition.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Its my dream theme. Bought it without any hazitation before i knew anything about it.

I was the opposite, I did not buy upon announcement and I hated it at first sight. Then I played more and more and it grew on me. So many modes and objectives and so fast and challenging. I like games that are fast and have great flow, SW fits the bill. It reminds me of Star Trek but with different layout and LCD animation. I am enjoying mine, sometimes a pin is fun to you and sometimes it is not, no need to force it. If you do not like it, find another pin that you like. I do not care for the Hobbit, but many people do. Hope you find something that puts a smile on your face (;

#169 6 years ago

Star trek? Thats a lovley pin.
I love fast pins. Big fan of T2 and hs2.
But sw le, shit. Hey I recently tryed a sw pro, are you freaking kidding me. I mean. Omg. Don’t get me started. What a piece of empty shit to look at.
I hope someone will buy my sw le

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

But sw le, shit.

Quoted from DEN:

What a piece of empty shit to look at.

Quoted from DEN:

I hope someone will buy my sw le

Your Ad could read like this....

"Selling my crappy shitty SW LE, empty box, shit gameplay, LAH is better, total turd, shitty game, please I hope you are interested and I hope you can buy this? Contact me at 1-800-Bull-Shit

#171 6 years ago

That’s exactly how i fell and are 100% honest.

I am so disappointed in sw le

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I installed pf protector and red convolux plastic protector before first game. Its in perfect condition.
Its got SO low playes on it.
It does NOT get played at all.
Anyone in europe who is interrested, i can easyley ship on a pallet. Trade is also an option.
Write to me, if you want to buy sw le in super condition.

Maybe it plays like shit because of the playfield protector. It took me close to 50 plays just to understand part of the rules and I didn't care for it much initially. I got a premium on a whim as a used show game. Thought I had made a mistake but stuck with it and man am I glad I did. After understanding the rules this game is awesome.

I can see your for sale add now. Buy my shit game, this is pristine shit, plays like shit, looks like shit, pristine shit here lol

#173 6 years ago

I understand owners wants this pin to better then it is, but the truth is.... its shit.

But hey, we are all with different taste, i like judge dredd, most people don’t.

I love T2 and LAH, both still cheap pins, theme does it for me. Star wars is my dream theme.

I love my EMBRYON, TZ, Congo, all different pins.

I want to like my sw le, installed update from 0,91 to 1.0. Cleaned the dost from playfield glass, played it, still the same
Shit.

#174 6 years ago

I believe I saw this posted somewhere earlier, but....

I recently experienced the flippers go dead and lights go out after a hyperspace shot. The ball made it's rounds and things went dark about the time it was coming to the right inlane. I can't remember if it coincided with triggering a death star mission? The next ball fired up fine, and this only happened 1 time. It was also a 2 billion game that could've easily been 2.1 billion!

Has anyone else experienced this??

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I can't remember if it coincided with triggering a death star mission?

That's what happened to me. Shot into hyperloop, mission selection starts, flippers go dead, ball drains. Can be fixed with SW update.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

That’s exactly how i fell and are 100% honest.
I am so disappointed in sw le

I think the “really low” plays are part of your problem with the game. Nearly impossible to appreciate the game without playing it a bunch.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think the “really low” plays are part of your problem with the game. Nearly impossible to appreciate the game without playing it a bunch.

That and the playfield protector....can't even imagine playing a SW that's even faster!!!!

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That and the playfield protector....can't even imagine playing a SW that's even faster!!!!

I would never install one of those things.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I could never imagine buying a stern LE pin, knowing all about there playfield quality (read here on pinside) and not install a pf protector. Sounds crazy for me.

Yes its a fast pin, the speed is not the issue.

#180 6 years ago

ive got metallica, game of thrones, the walking dead, dirty harry, dracula, and star wars premium all in my house right now...i don't play anything other than my star wars.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I could never imagine buying a stern LE pin, knowing all about there playfield quality (read here on pinside) and not install a pf protector. Sounds crazy for me.
Yes its a fast pin, the speed is not the issue.

Good luck selling the machine. I hope you get something you enjoy more.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

That's what happened to me. Shot into hyperloop, mission selection starts, flippers go dead, ball drains. Can be fixed with SW update.

I quickly selected pass on mission selection and the flippers came back to life. I've only done it once but worth a try to save a ball until this bug gets fixed.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I allways wrote posetive about it, couldent understand with the bashers and nay sayers. Allways defented this lovley theme.......
Until i owend it. What a letdown. I mean.... omg its such a shitty pin. Whatta hell?
SR. Original series. New LE, it should be thw best, trust me, its not

Do you see the problem here?

“Bought it without hesitation before I knew anything about it.”

That’s the problem.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Good luck selling the machine. I hope you get something you enjoy more.

Well thank you VERY much sir
Have a nice day

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That’s the problem.

Let’s not beat up on the guy. He doesn’t like the game. That’s fine and doesn’t diminish our enjoyment of it.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That’s the problem.

What can i say, its my dream theme. If jjp announces star wars for there next pin, id probepley buy there top version
But only its the original 3 films.

I just love star wars. And SR pins. But this one is plain shit

#187 6 years ago

Is this a thread about Star Wars 1.0 code, or about whether DEN thinks a game is shit. Or is it a DEN for sale thread?

Enough already. If you want to start a for sale and/or "I think Star Wars LE is shit" thread, please do so.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

What can i say, its my dream theme. If jjp announces star wars for there next pin, id probepley buy there top version
But only its the original 3 films.
I just love star wars. And SR pins. But this one is plain shit

As a request, I think you’ve said your peace and made your opinions well known in this thread. You don’t have to continue to say negative things. You don’t like it. We get it and we hear you loud and clear.

Good luck with your sale.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

ive got metallica, game of thrones, the walking dead, dirty harry, dracula, and star wars premium all in my house right now...i don't play anything other than my star wars.

You have good taste and are probably a masochist as well

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Its actually a pretty amazing thing on older games, it makes em and ss games play like it has a mint pf. I also added one to my sopranos to prevent further wear and also it makes the ball roll more natural. But in very new sterns, like star wars, got, twd i have not bothered.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

SW is barely at 1.0 and now even more enjoyable.
But It’s ok to simply not like a pin after time on it.
Dont understand why JJP would be the cure for LE buyers remorse.

#192 6 years ago

Maybe shitty means awesome in Denmark ..... this could just be a language barrier thing

#193 6 years ago

I'm enjoying this machine immensely. (Finally! After replacing a Node board, trough boards, and 4-5 light boards).

I don't understand any of the complaints about the layout and kinetics. Game plays smooth as butter and very fast. You have a ton of control over how the story unfolds, with both ramps, Death Star shot, and left loop all backhandable. Hyperloop is crazy cool. Still haven't blown up Death Star as I've just gotten mine working 100%, or progressed too far in gameplay, but I've gotten to where I can nail the DS shot during Hyperloop. It's a tight shot, but you can also backhand it with a perfect shot.

One quirk that got me last night. Having a very good game, on ball 3, had Endor and Death Star modes lit, and shot the left ramp - ahhhh, I can relax for a second and take a drink during mode select- WRONG! I'm reaching back behind me for my drink and that ramp shot did not start Mode Select but instead the playfield went dark and started Escape From Boba Fett! Drained before I could get my hand back to left flipper. Just bad luck, but maybe something to let us know the shot won't start Endor/modes before I hit it?

I do understand some complaints about code, scoring wise. It seems fairly complicated to keep track of multipliers, what shot is your best to multiply, are they On/Off, should they be, etc. But the control it gives you over this is impressive. And I'm sure I'll learn as I continue to play.

As for the code of gameplay itself, pretty straight-forward mode-based game where you chase down shots and follow the colored arrows. Lots of stress on combos during mode-play, which I like. Natural progressions and the story unfolds wonderfully as you qualify and finish the modes. The sounds and video are so rewarding for a SW fan, it's difficult to explain even. It's pure bliss.

As for depth, so far it seems incredibly deep, and as of yet I've only played as Luke!

I concur with the One More Game crowd. This machine has it. Played for a couple hours last night, just couldn't stop.

I did have to adjust my Fork Ramp. It wasn't QUITE all the way down in resting position, and a ball trap for a slow roller. Just had to work the spring a little, and ever-so-slightly bend the left side of ramp which was touching playfield on the way down. Played great for 6-7 games after that.

Overall, despite the issues I've had with mine, I'm loving it. I'd buy it again if I didn't have one. Can't wait to play more and learn more....

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I'm enjoying this machine immensely. (Finally! After replacing a Node board, trough boards, and 4-5 light boards).

I do understand some complaints about code, scoring wise. It seems fairly complicated to keep track of multipliers, what shot is your best to multiply, are they On/Off, should they be, etc. But the control it gives you over this is impressive. And I'm sure I'll learn as I continue to play.

OUCH! Glad you're up and running.

I understand it can be hard for people not very good as the basics of pinball (I'm not point this at you )
Like if you can trap a ball, then you can read a screen if you want to know what your multiplier number is...IF it even matters. You have lit shots, and a big green insert in front of it, that's what you shoot. I think people THINK it's more complex then it is.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OUCH! Glad you're up and running.
I understand it can be hard for people not very good as the basics of pinball (I'm not point this at you )
Like if you can trap a ball, then you can read a screen if you want to know what your multiplier number is...IF it even matters. You have lit shots, and a big green insert in front of it, that's what you shoot. I think people THINK it's more complex then it is.

I understand the lit multiplier shots, turning on/off, multiplier basics, reading the number on the screen (lol) etc. But where is the best placement?

What's the payoff shot in Speeder Bike, for instance? Escape From Hoth? etc? The shot you want to make sure you have multiplied.

I quickly observed SJP for Tie Multi was left ramp, so now I know to keep a multiplier lit there during Tie. I'm assuming Multiplier placement is key to maximizing points, knowing where to place them ahead of time, especially when you have two modes stacked with Tie multi, and everything under the glass is blinking at you and making wonderfully chaotic sounds.

I scored 114M in a Video Mode last night, is that entire mode multiplied if you place it there? If so, that's a lot of potential points.

So while I understand the basics of the multipliers, I still find placing the multipliers a challenge, mainly because I don't know what shots hold the most points yet. You can understand the basics of pinball and still not intuitively know where and how every mode or multiball will end, ie where and when to place the multipliers.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I scored 114M in a Video Mode last night, is that entire mode multiplied if you place it there? If so, that's a lot of potential points.
So while I understand the basics of the multipliers, I still find placing the multipliers a challenge, mainly because I don't know what shots hold the most points yet. You can understand the basics of pinball and still not intuitively know where and how every mode or multiball will end, ie where and when to place the multipliers.

Yes the videa mode is mulitplied.

Right, I understand what you are saying, but the things you are mentioning really don't have anything to do with SW scoring system if you think aboot it. It's simply Because the game is new, you don't know where all your modes end and where all the shots are.

EDIT: And that's not to mention that the best place for your 1 multiplier, if it gets that high, is not one specific shot!

#197 6 years ago

S... i just got a warning from pinside, won’t tell my thoughts about my star wars le on this thread anymore

#198 6 years ago

Everyone’s tastes are different. Could have it been more with this theme, of course. However the wife and I do really enjoy it, and that’s all that matters. Not what OTHERS think of the game, just if you personally like it.

I just added the LE side rail mod from hooked on pinball. Looks awesome. Should have been there with the release.

B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpegB8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg

43BD00C3-5C9A-4482-9A86-EF4F56B4C4C6 (resized).jpeg43BD00C3-5C9A-4482-9A86-EF4F56B4C4C6 (resized).jpeg

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

S... i just got a warning from pinside, won’t tell my thoughts about my star wars le on this thread anymore

Good because there isn't much point to keep posting. You don't like it, we get it...move along.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I'm Pretty sure this wasn't about the fact THAT, but the - frankly speaking - very uncontrolled manner of HOW that was done. Correct me if I'm wrong but in that case I would agree for them to message you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released/page/4?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.