B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago

Dead flip just went live with 1.0. Way to go Jack!

#102 6 years ago

you can stack any planet mode I/II/III with any other Planets I/II/IIs if they are qualified and available to be played. You cannot mix any 4th Mode with any other 4th modes, or any I/II/III modes. you will play Mode 4s for each planet by themselves. I have not explored whether this can be changed in the settings yet.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dead flip just went live with 1.0. Way to go Jack!

Let’s hope the game is level this time.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

...compared to bringing in a regular mode with a planet MB.

Right, and he has just confirmed you cannot do this anymore. Which if true, is lame ass

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

You cannot mix any 4th Mode with any other 4th modes, or any I/II/III modes.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right, and he has just confirmed you cannot do this anymore. Which if true, is lame ass

Gotcha, yeah, not my favorite. Oh well, guess I need a new strategy...

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Yes. Lame. Oh well, guess I need a new strategy...

I guess we all do
Guess they want us to take out time and enjoy everything.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess we all do
Guess they want us to take out time and enjoy everything.

I was just gonna say that maybe it was too easy bringing a mode into the planet MB...

#108 6 years ago

You can change the setting to allow all stacking. Feature adjustment #79. The default now is that 4th missions cant be stacked, but it can be changed. I havent tried it to make sure it works.

#110 6 years ago

I'm psyched to install this on my SW Pro. I have 24 pins and SW is definitely my favorite. I destroyed the death star for the first time this week and it was intense and extremely rewarding. I just love playing this game.

Which reminds me, I think I'm going to write up a long review for it right now - the reviews here for the game are skewed by some haters. I mean really, rating it a 3? That's absurd.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Which reminds me, I think I'm going to write up a long review for it right now - the reviews here for the game are skewed by some haters. I mean really, rating it a 3? That's absurd.

You're joking right? You're rankings are a disgrace
EDIT: Just like most rankings BTW

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You're joking right? You're rankings are a disgrace
EDIT: Just like most rankings BTW

Haters gotta hate!

It just bugs me when people crap on a game after playing it two or three times. At least I've played a few dozen games of the pins I hated on!

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Haters gotta hate!
It just bugs me when people crap on a game after playing it two or three times. At least I've played a few dozen games of the pins I hated on!

And at least they're all universality hated

bwa (resized).jpgbwa (resized).jpg

Well you got JM right

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

You can change the setting to allow all stacking. Feature adjustment #79. The default now is that 4th missions cant be stacked, but it can be changed. I havent tried it to make sure it works.

It's great to see that option in the game. Right now I have stacking turned off and enjoy playing each mode on its own.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's great to see that option in the game. Right now I have stacking turned off and enjoy playing each mode on its own.

Totally agree. There are so many clips and call outs you hear details when played individually that are missed when you stack the modes.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And at least they're all universality hated

Well you got JM right

There is no way in anyone's right mind that Metallica deserves to be hated on like that. I'll admit I don't care for the theme and I don't like the game nearly as well as most people, but it's definitely not a 3.5. Ditto for AC/DC, except I like AC/DC music. So does it matter if a hater played the game 3x or 12x or 100x? It's still kind of a ridiculous score.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Totally agree. There are so many clips and call outs you hear details when played individually that are missed when you stack the modes.

The other point of confusion is many of these modes have unique timers. One of the modes requires making 3 inner loop shots on a timer. If you only make 2 and the timer ends, it resets. If you are stacking 2 modes with this really specific shot-based timer, it just gets too silly to manage both timers concurrently.

I'm thinking of turning off stacking as well.

snaroff

#118 6 years ago

An obscure (but very useful) feature is SW supports 3 adjustments for BB dimming (attract, service, & gameplay!!!).

When you hit "start", you can get the BB to dim really low to reduce annoying glare on the PF.

I asked for this years ago, and it's finally arrived Hopefully, this will become standard in future pins.

snaroff

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

An obscure (but very useful) feature is SW supports 3 adjustments for BB dimming (attract, service, & gameplay!!!).
When you hit "start", you can get the BB to dim really low to reduce annoying glare on the PF.
I asked for this years ago, and it's finally arrived Hopefully, this will become standard in future pins.
snaroff

Yes this is awesome. Details matter.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes this is awesome. Details matter.

Absolutely. Details and options like that have helped make Star Wars one of Sterns better coded games.

I just got the game this past Sunday and never really got a lot of time on the game until I installed 1.0. Dwight has done a fantastic job of bringing the layout and toys to life with a deep and unique objective based ruleset that covers the entire original trilogy.

Playing Lightsaber Duel and having to hit shots to allow characters to escape reminded me of playing Fellowship of the Ring mulitball in LOTR, one of the best multiballs ever created in my opinion. The game is just loaded with fun and unique modes.

#121 6 years ago

I'm all for the not stacking the 4th modes. I definitely have better ball control when only having to think about one set of shots at a time.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Apinplayer:

I'm all for the not stacking the 4th modes. I definitely have better ball control when only having to think about one set of shots at a time.

Yeah I've left it where you can stack the smaller modes, but the 4th modes you have to play independently. It really makes it feel more like a real mission and provides a nice balance. Before you could stack multiple 4th modes together and score a lot of points and play a while without really making to much controlled progress.

We're enjoying the new code, just have to play it more. Luckily vacation time is coming up

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yeah I've left it where you can stack the smaller modes, but the 4th modes you have to play independently. It really makes it feel more like a real mission and provides a nice balance. Before you could stack multiple 4th modes together and score a lot of points and play a while without really making to much controlled progress.
We're enjoying the new code, just have to play it more. Luckily vacation time is coming up

I may head that route. So far I've had them all set to unstackable, and even after a 4B+ game I barely had completed more than half of the modes....

#124 6 years ago

Hey guys. I downloaded the latest code and extract it into a folder. Strangely enough, I'm seeing two files and then another file that's WinRAR archive. Do I need to extract that?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#125 6 years ago

Looks like you're missing spk.001

Go back to the otginal download, double click it, drag the 3 files onto the desktop, or thumb drive, or wherever.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Hey guys. I downloaded the latest code and extract it into a folder. Strangely enough, I'm seeing two files and then another file that's WinRAR archive. Do I need to extract that?

Put all 3 files in the root directory of your flash drive... make sure they aren’t in a folder.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

No kidding! Once folks get word that SW and BM66 and, hell, even Kiss are practically complete, prices are going to soar!! Games will be “bolted to the floor” and “not going anywhere anytime soon!”. Damn, I missed my opportunity to buy an overpriced game at market rate and will have to settle for the inflated aftermarket prices!
Or not. Enjoy your finished games everyone! It’s about freaking time!

It doesn't matter what happens with code, the prices will probably continue to fall. HUO is a buyer's market in the US and will remain so for a while.

In ~4 months, JJP PotC will be out, Houdini will be out, Alice Cooper *might* be out and will certainly have been announced and up for order, Stern will have probably unveiled 2 more games.

People will continue to liquidate parts of their current collection to fund new purchases, and given the huge question marks over Spike / Spike 2 longevity due to all the node board issues, they're likely to be first on the chopping block, however much code improves them. Simply, it's a bigger risk to keep them.**

However, I do hope Stern have turned a corner re: code. But that remains to be seen. A small flurry of updates aren't needed, it's years of support for a large number of their machines, and ongoing releases, that's needed.

** If Stern release full documentation and circuit diagrams for all of them, then this question mark disappears. IMO this is a bigger issue than code atm.

#128 6 years ago

Remember if you turn stacking off, I’ve been told you will likely never see the end of the game because it would take hours to finish with stacking turned OFF. Just sayin’

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Remember if you turn stacking off, I’ve been told you will likely never see the end of the game because it would take hours to finish with stacking turned OFF. Just sayin’

After 250+ games played like this, including some 4+ Billion score games that barely had half the modes lit.......I can believe it!

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I'm psyched to install this on my SW Pro. I have 24 pins and SW is definitely my favorite. I destroyed the death star for the first time this week and it was intense and extremely rewarding. I just love playing this game.

Seconded .
STERN Star Was is the best Star Wars Pinball based on the original trilogy ever made . The Pro is an excellent example of value as it has the same RGB color changing inserts and the choreographed GI lighting as the Premium/Limited Edition. It is all about the game play. The modes are represented great in synergy to the LCD film clips and voice overs from the original films . The music by John Williams score is excellent . All this brings you into the Star Wars original Trilogy universe . The game play is hard. But there are so many ways to choose to play the rule-set. The shot multiplier system is very addicting as you learn how you may manually move the shots around the playfield for maximum scoring . I have never played a pinball game with this type of control given to the player. This style of code brings so much "breadth" of strategically building up you shot multipliers and choosing different main character from the Star Wars 1977 film to aid you through your playing experience . It is a " masterpiece" in coding and fun. And "Fun" is what defines a great pinball machine .
For people on this forum to score STERN Star Wars pinball in the range of (2-3) as read there ratings for this title is quit frankly ( laughable, absurd, comical, funny, hilarious, risible, droll, amusing, farcical, silly, ludicrous; and ridiculous ). In my opinion .

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Seconded .
STERN Star Was is the best Star Wars Pinball based on the original trilogy ever made .

You know what Rob, just take a deep breath and come out with it. It's the best Star Wars pinball ever

#132 6 years ago

Yes, to anyone that still thinks one of the older Star Wars pins is better -- I'm sorry, I just couldn't disagree more.

#133 6 years ago

Anyone know # of this setting. Standard Adjustments? Or SW adjustments hate scrolling thru the 70++ setting hunting...

Added a right eject ball save adjustment. If the adjustment is non-zero, the
ball saver will activate for the amount of time of the adjustment whenever
balls are ejected from the scoop. The factory default is zero. If you want
to turn on 5 seconds is recommended

#134 6 years ago

Watching the Dead Flip stream of the new code really helped my scoring out. I wasn't always stacking modes and struggle with hitting the Hyperspace ramp. Being able to start the Death Star modes hitting the left ramp because Endor is lit too makes the game much more enjoyable. Thanks DeadFlip !

#135 6 years ago

Option #3 in Adjustments SW

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone know # of this setting. Standard Adjustments? Or SW adjustments hate scrolling thru the 70++ setting hunting...
Added a right eject ball save adjustment. If the adjustment is non-zero, the
ball saver will activate for the amount of time of the adjustment whenever
balls are ejected from the scoop. The factory default is zero. If you want
to turn on 5 seconds is recommended

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Yes, to anyone that still thinks one of the older Star Wars pins is better -- I'm sorry, I just couldn't disagree more.

Yeah totally. Thats just a stupid statement that only Stern haters make at this point.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I'm getting a similar problem, except i've got .000 .002 and .003 after unzipping. I used to think I was pretty decent with computer stuff ....

Any ideas?

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Copy all 3 of these files (the 2 files and the one archive) to the root of your USB and plug that into your machine.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from mike21878:

I'm getting a similar problem, except i've got .000 .002 and .003 after unzipping. I used to think I was pretty decent with computer stuff ....
Any ideas?

That is correct. Copy all three files to a blank/formatted USB drive

#140 6 years ago

Finally got to play some games on the new code last night. The lighting and sounds are really nicely done on this game and the code feels pretty complete at this point to me. This game has that one more play appeal big time. The code is unlike anything else in pinball and I think it's great to see coders taking chances like this. Some people will hate it because it's different but I personally have really grown to like this game a lot. I expected it to just be OK and something that I would bat around at for a few months before selling it. It really keeps me on my toes with numerous ways to score at all times and lots of different paths to take. I like that it still somewhat tells the star wars story but unlike some other really deep games I have multiple ways to approach it. I love LOTR but it tells the same story over and over so it gets old for me. SW is like 5-6 stories so I think it has more lasting power for me.

#141 6 years ago

Agreed. The multiple ways to approach is one of its biggest strengths. You can play it like a straight mode pin, try to get through all the missions. Or, play it to get to Escape from Boba Fett, or just try to blow up the death star, or focus on getting to lightsaber duel, or go for getting to 40x and nailing a multi-billion shot. It can be a different game every time you play it.

Two common complaints I hear about SW that make me scratch my head:

1) Bad theme integration. I could maybe agree with this on early code, but I think people need to take a look at the latest. It might not be the Star Wars game they imagined, perhaps involving non-stop Princess Leia slave outfit clips or something, (note to Dwight if reading, this needs to be a mode ) but I think it captures the intensity of dogfights/battles of the movies very well.

2) "Multiplier math". This one makes me lol. All anyone needs to know is a higher multiplier is better than a lower, and you can choose where to move your multiplier. Not rocket science. I think it is the first game to ever have the ability to select a shot to be multiplied on the fly, (first to have the ability to select the multiplied shot period?) and adds a nice strategic element. I get that some people don't like it, I wouldn't want it in every game, but complaining that it is too complicated is puzzling.

#142 6 years ago

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but on 1.0 code in the escape hoth mode, the force targets reset over and over each time one is hit. Anyone else experience this?

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but on 1.0 code in the escape hoth mode, the force targets reset over and over each time one is hit. Anyone else experience this?

That is a mode and I like how it does not matter which one you hit to get credit. Basically need to hit any of the targets 5 times to complete that mode.

**Duel on Cloud City mode

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

2) "Multiplier math". This one makes me lol. All anyone needs to know is a higher multiplier is better than a lower, and you can choose where to move your multiplier. Not rocket science. I think it is the first game to ever have the ability to select a shot to be multiplied on the fly, (first to have the ability to select the multiplied shot period?) and adds a nice strategic element. I get that some people don't like it, I wouldn't want it in every game, but complaining that it is too complicated is puzzling.

Honestly I think it's just people upset that it isn't "Star Warsy" enough for them and they're nitpicking things to dislike.
Adding the ability to move the multipliers seems pretty basic but is somehow a big leap forward in game play; It adds so much to the game.

That and a ton of people have a very narrow view of what they like.

#145 6 years ago

I played an LE last night and was curious what are the 3 small green icons in the center of the display for? They are animated and spinning and must be associated to something. THere were also what looks like 4 bombs underneath them, what do they do? Lots of small information on the screen that is impossible to see when you are playing, unless you trap the ball. Its cool I guess for the spectators, but I see limited value for the player, unless I am missing something.

#146 6 years ago

I think they did a great job.

The modes with lightshows (hyperspace, lightsaber) are really well done.

I'm still thinking I should upgrade to a premium!

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I played an LE last night and was curious what are the 3 small green icons in the center of the display for? They are animated and spinning and must be associated to something. THere were also what looks like 4 bombs underneath them, what do they do? Lots of small information on the screen that is impossible to see when you are playing, unless you trap the ball. Its cool I guess for the spectators, but I see limited value for the player, unless I am missing something.

The 3 icons correspond to pop bumper hits. From what I understand with each hit one of them changes, and if you get them all alike an award is given....

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think they did a great job.
The modes with lightshows (hyperspace, lightsaber) are really well done.
I'm still thinking I should upgrade to a premium!

Zero regrets on my part buying a Premium over a Pro. If I had gotten a Pro my mind would have been filled with "...maybe I should have bought".....

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Lots of small information on the screen that is impossible to see when you are playing, unless you trap the ball. Its cool I guess for the spectators, but I see limited value for the player, unless I am missing something.

Well if you're moving the multipliers around you will be trapping the ball a lot.

#150 6 years ago

Thank you! Any idea how you use the bombs under the 3 icons? or maybe they are just an indicator?

Quoted from AUKraut:

The 3 icons correspond to pop bumper hits. From what I understand with each hit one of them changes, and if you get them all alike an award is given....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Palm Springs, CA
13,700 (OBO)
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-10-code-released/page/3?hl=jim-beam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.