Topic Stats

• 222 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by silver_spinner
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

43BD00C3-5C9A-4482-9A86-EF4F56B4C4C6 (resized).jpeg
B8D1D79E-C4E8-468C-8D72-83BFD030599B (resized).jpeg
Let the Hate Flow.png
EB5ECEFA-84FE-4C29-B593-E428C9BDFAB7 (resized).jpeg
fffff (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
bwa (resized).jpg
368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg
4B9A50FB-C52D-49AB-9F53-97BED25EF046 (resized).jpeg

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Echoing some comments above, I've spent very little time on the game. It's not because it's hard per se, it's because
1) I plunge the skill shot, it banks off onto the force targets and down the outlane. Ball save kicks in, the game auotplunges, the ball goes off the force targets and down the outlane.
2) I hit the right scoop, get an award, and the kickout sends the ball down the middle.
3) Everything seems to be lit something, I hit some shots, sometimes things flash, I hit some more shots, I eventually drain and don't know what I've accomplished, what I failed to do, or what I'm supposed to do next. I assume I could learn some of this if I watched the screen, but I rarely have occasion to look at it since the game is generally pretty fast, isn't stop and go, and there's usually lit stuff to shoot so I shoot for it with the notion I'll more or less progress through the game. I don't actually know if this is what happens.
It sounds like this code has the potential to address some of these issues. I imagine audio callouts also help, but I play on location and don't usually hear what games are telling me (unless I'm already familiar with a game).
I of course could watch other people play or study videos online, but with other more intuitive pin options that have fewer cheap drains at the same bars, I've felt no compelling reason to spend the time on SW.

As I posted just before you, items 1 & 2 can be fixed, so those can be put on the operator. Let them know you would love to put money into the pin, but aren't going to until they spend the time to set it up right.

As for item 3 you can play this thing all day every day without looking at the screen. 4 planets, each it's own color (Orange/Blue/Green/Purple). Each color represents a lane/ramp with that Planets name on it. Hit that lane/ramp often enough and a mode for that planet will become available (the flashing color square). Shoot it one more time and the mode (or other modes across the different colors/planets) can be started. Then shoot the color shots according to that planet's/modes color.

There's obviously more to it than just that, but isn't that the same with any pin made in the last 20 years?? Where before you had specific inserts & labels for shots, they now use color as well.....

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Last week off a fresh plunge (during a tournament) i immediately got a right Outland drain, then ball saver plunged another ball, immediately drained and used my escape, THEN it drained AGAIN in the right Outlane.

Thast's one you just nod your head and walk away

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

I echo your points 1 and 2!!!!!
- Game should have a ball save feature when ball kicks out of right kickout
- if during a plunge the ball drains in Outlane, and then does it again, game should kick out a third ball.
Last week off a fresh plunge (during a tournament) i immediately got a right Outland drain, then ball saver plunged another ball, immediately drained and used my escape, THEN it drained AGAIN in the right Outlane.
Simple code update to do this.

By chance, were you playing the Star Wars at Lamplighter? that game was set up a little weird when I played it a while back. lots of outlane drains off the plunge. Really had to be on your toes.

#54 1 year ago

I am considering buying SW in 2018 but I'm currently living vicariously through others; if someone would be willing to shoot some updated video over the next few days and post a link, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance if anyone does so.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I am considering buying SW in 2018 but I'm currently living vicariously through others; if someone would be willing to shoot some updated video over the next few days and post a link, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance if anyone does so.

I was thinking of filming some 1.0 gameplay on my pro if enough people are interested. I'll film it in 4K and potentially release in the next day or so. I also have Pin Stadiums installed, so should be nice and bright for the cameras.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I was thinking of filming some 1.0 gameplay on my pro if enough people are interested. I'll film it in 4K and potentially release in the next day or so. I also have Pin Stadiums installed, so should be nice and bright for the cameras.

Don't pinstadiums ruin the ambiance of the game? I mean the game is already bright as can be but I think they would just wash out the cool multi color GI effect.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Please do! I hope other's jump in with additional encouragement to do so!

#58 1 year ago

Update comes right before the release of the new movie, I guess Star Wars fans get two Christmas presents this year!

368964D5-D280-4785-8171-36F7B9629409 (resized).jpeg

#59 1 year ago

Looks like a lot of fun!

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Don't pinstadiums ruin the ambiance of the game? I mean the game is already bright as can be but I think they would just wash out the cool multi color GI effect.

That's true if you do not get the GI integration module. Using it to only enhance the white GI and tying to the white ONLY should not affect the ambiance. I have a Pinstadium with GI module on order, and I'm concerned about losing the ambiance of the lighting as well. It if doesn't work out I'll uninstall it and resell.....but I believe it will give that extra playfield illumination that is missing while playing.

#61 1 year ago

Upgraded my LE and guess what, If you miss, it still punishes you!! LOL Play Better!!

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That's true if you do not get the GI integration module. Using it to only enhance the white GI and tying to the white ONLY should not affect the ambiance. I have a Pinstadium with GI module on order, and I'm concerned about losing the ambiance of the lighting as well. It if doesn't work out I'll uninstall it and resell.....

I wonder if it knows when the colored modes are active and shuts off? But Light Saber battle uses both red and blue at the same time right?

Quoted from AUKraut:

....but I believe it will give that extra playfield illumination that is missing while playing.

You have trouble seeing yours? Mine is super bright

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wonder if it knows when the colored modes are active and shuts off? But Light Saber battle uses both red and blue at the same time right?

You have trouble seeing yours? Mine is super bright

The GI is still distinct bulbs for white/red/blue. You tie the GI module to a white circuit, and Pinstadium will then dim in concert with that circuit. Red and blue will not affect it.

I do want it to be brighter between the flippers & slingshots. I've added spotlights to my MMr to achieve the same thing, but the posts around the slingshots are too full to perform this type of mod to the SW. I'm not going for the glow/different color flasher affect, just purely a bit brighter and uniform white GI that turns off with the white pin's GI depending on the mode/lighting effect. We will have to see, but other installs of just that show a great improvement in the pics......

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

You can tone down the brightness bit, and still have even light distribution. The modes where the red and blue GI are dominate (Light Saber Duel), the white GI will go off, which turns the Pin stadiums off as well, assuming you have the GI plugin on the Pin Stadiums. They may flicker on very briefly as part of the lighting effects wherever white GI is turned on during that mode.

#65 1 year ago

Ghostbusters time. Hope its a biggie update too!

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Ghostbusters time. Hope its a biggie update too!

That's the next one I am really looking forward to. If they could do anything, I wish there were a way to switch up the order of the scenes in each of the ladders. So for instance, maybe when the ladders are all flashing, if you shot the left ramp, you could select the Ballroom scene first, or even have it be flashing through a sequence and whichever scene was lit when your shot registered would start that scene. If you needed to make a selection, I don't think there would be a problem here, because each of those shots (library scoop, left ramp, and right orbit) can all hold the ball with the diverters, or up post in the left orbit, or in the scoop while you choose your scene.

#67 1 year ago

What does everyone have it set to with regards to angle on the playfield?

#68 1 year ago

Like all DMDs 6.5

#69 1 year ago

I like all my dmds at 7.2 for standards and 7.6 for wide bodies.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

What does everyone have it set to with regards to angle on the playfield?

If you have a premium 6.5 is very important. I can backhand the death star at 6.5 but not 6.6.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nice big update. Can't wait to try it out over the holidays.

Have you played the game or are you just listening to RH rants? The only thing complicated are the multipliers and that's not really complicated either. It just adds another layer of things that you are trying to accomplish during play. I think it helps keep the game fresh while other deep games like lotr get stale for me quickly. If you just want to mindlessly flip around then this game is probably not for you. If you like games with deep scoring strategies that have multiple layers to the code then you will like it.
It's different which in my opinion gives it a ton of staying power.

I’ve played the pro about 10 times. I select my mode, try to follow along, hit the blinking lights (sometimes two different colors are blinking (?), hit a hurry up or two and maybe get a MB, but still no real clue as to what Im doing. I have no idea how to obtain or leverage a multiplier yet. I suppose reading the apron card will help, but even those just scratch the surface of most rulesets.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’ve played the pro about 10 times. I select my mode, try to follow along, hit the blinking lights (sometimes two different colors are blinking (?), hit a hurry up or two and maybe get a MB, but still no real clue as to what Im doing. I have no idea how to obtain or leverage a multiplier yet. I suppose reading the apron card will help, but even those just scratch the surface of most rulesets.

Shameless plug time! I threw together this tutorial video on Star Wars Pro a few versions of the code back, but it should still apply today. I explain multipliers in pretty great detail, maybe it'll help you out.

#73 1 year ago

I have no idea how to obtain or leverage a multiplier yet.

1. EVERY TIME you hit the 3 bank target your multiplier increases by 1. The number is shown on the screen as a "7X" or whatever number.
2. The GREEN ARROWS in front of shots are which shots uses that multiplier. ANY POINTS on that shot are multiplied the number on screen.

That simple

#74 1 year ago

If 2 different colors are blinking you most likely selected to start 2 modes at once which is an option if you have multiple mode locations lit. For some modes stacking them is great, for others not so much.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As I posted just before you, items 1 & 2 can be fixed, so those can be put on the operator. Let them know you would love to put money into the pin, but aren't going to until they spend the time to set it up right.
As for item 3 you can play this thing all day every day without looking at the screen. 4 planets, each it's own color (Orange/Blue/Green/Purple). Each color represents a lane/ramp with that Planets name on it. Hit that lane/ramp often enough and a mode for that planet will become available (the flashing color square). Shoot it one more time and the mode (or other modes across the different colors/planets) can be started. Then shoot the color shots according to that planet's/modes color.
There's obviously more to it than just that, but isn't that the same with any pin made in the last 20 years?? Where before you had specific inserts & labels for shots, they now use color as well.....

With the vast world of Star Wars to choose from, they chose PLANETS as mode bases. That’s a little disappointing. But don’t get me wrong, when I buy my next Stern, I am strongly considering SW. But I also love AS and there’s plenty of back catelogue games to choose from as well. But SW does own all the movie assets, and that’s huge.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Ghostbusters time. Hope its a biggie update too

strange..i thought this was a star wars thread....

#77 1 year ago

With the vast world of Star Wars to choose from, they chose PLANETS as mode bases. That’s a little disappointing. But don’t get me wrong, when I buy my next Stern, I am strongly considering SW. But I also love AS and there’s plenty of back catelogue games to choose from as well. But SW does own all the movie assets, and that’s huge.

Well, if you go look at each movie of the original trilogy, they are centered around events on Tatooine (New Hope), Hoth (Empire), & Endor (Return). Throw in a 4th "planet" (Death Star) as a common thread a lot of the things that happened occurred there. Each one of those had a LOT of the plot and action events happen, those became the modes. Then you get to choose a character and how they interacted or didn't interact in those events, and throw in some mini-wizard and wizard modes....and you have Steve Ritchie's pinball version of Star Wars.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Well, if you go look at each movie of the original trilogy, they are centered around events on Tatooine (New Hope), Hoth (Empire), & Endor (Return). Throw in a 4th "planet" (Death Star) as a common thread a lot of the things that happened occurred there. Each one of those had a LOT of the plot and action events happen, those became the modes. Then you get to choose a character and how they interacted or didn't interact in those events, and throw in some mini-wizard and wizard modes....and you have Steve Ritchie's pinball version of Star Wars.

Yeah, it's much better than calling the four modes "New Hope," "Empire," "Jedi" and "Christmas Special." Works in material from all three films relatively seamlessly.

#79 1 year ago

13 minutes with Endor planet correction? Getting slow guys

#80 1 year ago

So now there are two modes where the Death Star blows up. Also on Battle Above Endor. Lando helps blow it up like the scene from Episode VI

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

13 minutes with Endor planet correction? Getting slow guys

Okay....Forest Moon....

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Okay....Forest Moon....

Yeah I don;t care but you know how..."they" are

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I don;t care but you know how..."they" are

Believe me, I know, my son is one of them. Had to make extra sure that the X-Wings and TIE Fighters I added as mods were from the correct trilogy and *not* from the prequel or sequel trilogies......

#84 1 year ago

1.0 makes the game really good. It needs a few more call outs.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, your perception.
Seriously, adjust the scoop down to 20-25. Those things are crazy overpowered at the default level. Aerosmith is exactly the same, although not as bad as SW.
rd

20 seems to be the perfect sweet spot, though I'm trying the new ball save for a while.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

20 seems to be the perfect sweet spot, though I'm trying the new ball save for a while.

Just bend the guide rail a tiny bit. Then you can keep it at 40.

#87 1 year ago

It says in the description that you can’t stack fourth modes (Destroy the Death Star, Battle Over Endor et al.) with other missions anymore do those missions include other fourth modes?

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Natetheviking:

It says in the description that you can’t stack fourth modes (Destroy the Death Star, Battle Over Endor et al.) with other missions anymore do those missions include other fourth modes?

It is true, by default you can only play the 4th modes one at a time. You can however still play the modes I/II/III from any planet stacked with other I/II/III modes. There might be a software setting to change this back to how it worked on old code for the 4th modes, i have not explored this yet.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

It is true, by default you can only play the 4th modes one at a time. You can however still play the modes I/II/III from any planet stacked with other I/II/III modes. There might be a software setting to change this back to how it worked on old code for the 4th modes, i have not explored this yet.

That kinda makes more sense come to think of it. How can you destroy two Death Stars at once? Side note: I watched your video tutorial about it a couple weeks ago. Thanks for that!

#90 1 year ago

You can still stack tie multiball with any 4 Planet MB’s .. thats plenty for me

#91 1 year ago

I just don't understand why the skill shot still has all the multplyers the same,I understand early code had different values

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just don't understand why the skill shot still has all the multplyers the same,I understand early code had different values

The original release code did have them varying but in a couple hundred games I’ve played on one I’ve never hit the right most target on the bank, be it shooting the skill shot with the plunger or the button, so they must have thought it was a moot point. They do now vary the speed of the moving target instead...

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Okay....Forest Moon....

I thought Endor was the name of the planet and the moon.

Haven't updated the code yet, but I'm pretty excited and was really pleased with how quickly we got to 1.0.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Haven't updated the code yet, but I'm pretty excited and was really pleased with how quickly we got to 1.0.

Correct!! Wow, didn't realize that myself. From the Wookiepedia:

Endor (also known as the Forest Moon of Endor or the Sanctuary Moon) was a small forested moon that orbited the Outer Rim planet of the same name and was the homeworld of the sentient Ewok and Yuzzum species.

#95 1 year ago

Is their any Star Wars 1.0 twitch streams out yet?

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Wow Lucas that is just lazy.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

It is true, by default you can only play the 4th modes one at a time.

Oh man that's lame ass. Don't like that call one bit but I don't change many game settings.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Is their any Star Wars 1.0 twitch streams out yet?

Dead Flip is streaming it tonight!

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man that's lame ass. Don't like that call one bit but I don't change many game settings.

Don't be a slave to factory defaults! If the game was too easy you'd tweak it to make it challenging, right? Same should hold true if they're making it play in a way you don't enjoy (even if that way also happens to be more difficult). It's your game in your house, why shouldn't it play just as you like it?

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How is it lame? It isnt very strategic to bring in two planet MBs at the same time anyway compared to bringing in a regular mode with a planet MB.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's your game in your house, why shouldn't it play just as you like it?

Personally I try to leave most things factory as they were intended, that's what makes me happy.
Other than the carry over tilt warnings on DI...nooooooo thank you.

BUT....

Quoted from T-800:

How is it lame? It is dumb to bring in two planet MBs at the same time anyway instead of bringing in a regular mode with a planet MB.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. It looks like JoshOD is saying each 4th mode has to be played on it's on separate of any other mode? That is what I thought I was responding to....as in you can't play Endor MB with Hoth 2 let's say. This makes it sound like only planet modes stacked & MB one at a time?

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

It is true, by default you can only play the 4th modes one at a time. You can however still play the modes I/II/III from any planet stacked with other I/II/III modes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oregon City, OR
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 10.95
$ 50.00
Lighting - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 279.95
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orange Park, FL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside