Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sandersj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pin-earnings.jpg
IMG_0039.PNG

#1 5 years ago

Poor WOZ!

IMG_0039.PNG
#2 5 years ago

Maybe it was a 49 year old license vs a 76 year old one?

#3 5 years ago

Thing that's probably only funny to me, whoever put that post together just googled up an image for Star Trek pinball, rather than using internal PR photos (faster I guess). That particular image is the one I manipulated a little bit for the Ars Technica story when the game launched.

I guess our SEO footprint is such that it comes up at the top of the results.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thing that's probably only funny to me, whoever put that post together just googled up an image for Star Trek pinball, rather than using internal PR photos (faster I guess). That particular image is the one I manipulated a little bit for the Ars Technica story when the game launched.
I guess our SEO footprint is such that it comes up at the top of the results.

Would have been funny if your alt. translite was on one of the images.....

#5 5 years ago

Earns well, looks fantastic. Plays?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Earns well, looks fantastic. Plays?

....fantastic!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Poor WOZ!

IMG_0039.PNG (Click image to enlarge)

Do you have anything actually meaningful to say about the award or are you just trolling again like you were in The Hobbit update thread?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do you have anything actually meaningful to say about the award or are you just trolling again like you were in The Hobbit update thread?

And you're not trolling at all right!....sure lol....

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Calm down, tank.

#10 5 years ago

heh, funny thing is as an operator I just removed my ST... was making less than BDK, ST, and Tron

was replaced with an IMVE

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

heh, funny thing is as an operator I just removed my ST... was making less than BDK, ST, and Tron

Obviously not the case across the country.

Of your examples, only Tron would be a worthy competitor for a person's coins.

#12 5 years ago

I would think this would be a perfect on location game. Flashy, fast and fun. Easily approachable from a beginner's perspective and plenty deep.

#13 5 years ago

With so few pins being made why is this still a thing?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

ST was making less than ST?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ST was making less than ST?

I think he meant Starship Troopers.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

With so few pins being made why is this still a thing?

It's not Pinball specific. It's for a variety of coin-operated devices.

#17 5 years ago

Obviously not the case across the country.
Of your examples, only Tron would be a worthy competitor for a person's coins.

uhh, clearly my numbers are not representative of every machine on location on the planet, come on man give me a break... I was just sharing my numbers as an input to the thread, this is a discussion forum right?

as far as the other machines, sorry that was a typo, meant SM not ST

not sure why, it is really a great game... oh well, I get to play it at home now

HUO since Tuesday lol

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

uhh, clearly my numbers are not representative of every machine on location on the planet, come on man give me a break... I was just sharing my numbers as an input to the thread, this is a discussion forum right?
not sure why, it is really a great game... oh well, I get to play it at home

Seems a bit quick to pull off site now new code is out??

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

not sure why, it is really a great game... oh well, I get to play it at home now
HUO since Tuesday lol

Sorry, knee-jerk reaction. Too many people on Pinside have trashed this game.

#20 5 years ago

Sorry, knee-jerk reaction. Too many people on Pinside have trashed this game.

Too many? Compared to what? TF? XMEN? Avengers? Mustang? Please. Exaggerate much?

The ST divide has been, deservedly - with the severe code delays - pretty much right down the middle.

By the sounds of it, the code update really helped, and I sure hope so, because I'd like I be a buyer at some point. Lots about the game to like but certainly not everyone's taste. But hardly a pariah.

#21 5 years ago

Poor WOZ!

IMG_0039.PNG (Click image to enlarge)

I wouldn't consider WOZ ($8K pin) to be a typical operator route game...

#22 5 years ago

Too many? Compared to what? TF? XMEN? Avengers? Mustang? Please. Exaggerate much?
The ST divide has been, deservedly - with the severe code delays - pretty much right down the middle.
By the sounds of it, the code update really helped, and I sure hope so, because I'd like I be a buyer at some point. Lots about the game to like but certainly not everyone's taste. But hardly a pariah.

sorry but XMEN code was much, much MUCH, worse than ST code when shipped

the ST original code was "ok" (new code is awwwwesome!)

Quoted from Hudson:

oh come on now, how are we going to stir up the pot if we don't bring up WoZ in every thread

#23 5 years ago

Compared to what I think was justified.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

It's the WOZ folks who keep commenting in the forums about how it's killing it on location. My comment was in reaction to those comments.

#25 5 years ago

I have played WOZ and ST - and it is a toss up as to which I like better. WOZ is very interesting to play, and feels really different than anything else I have played - it is odd, beautiful, fun, and interesting all rolled into one. Keith's talents shine!

ST feels like a solid flow Stern game - which is good. Another Ritchie hit. What helps ST is that I am a Star Trek fan - and if you are one too you will love the pin.

Both are well made, thought out, modern pins

Though on location I think WOZ would get the most plays due to its modern look and universal appeal - don't have numbers to back that up - just a feeling.

Other fruit for thought: My wife and daughter - who don't much care for pins - will play WOZ. My son doesn't care that much for it preferring TRON to any thing else - with Iron Man being a distant second. He feels like Iron Man 'kicks me off the table too fast'. Don't I know it

EDIT: By the way, daughter is 14, son is 11 (for context) - wife is 29 (that is what she tells me anyway .... every year)

#26 5 years ago

It's the WOZ folks who keep commenting in the forums about how it's killing it on location. My comment was in reaction to those comments.

WOZ continues to "kill it" on location The content you put in the threads first post is to simply troll. I didn't see WOZ owners making WOZ code threads each time an update came out with just "poor ST" in it...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ continues to "kill it" on location

Apparently not enough to win Playmeter's award!

#28 5 years ago

They both do well.

I have had both at a same location, both came in November 2013. WOZ has earned about 25% more than Star Trek.

The new Star Trek code is mind blowing now though, and now my ST is starting to gain momentum and outearn WOZ. But it's got a lot of ground to make up to get to where woz is at now for gross earnings.

#29 5 years ago

And this makes your vagina sandy because why?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

WOZ continues to "kill it" on location The content you put in the threads first post is to simply troll. I didn't see WOZ owners making WOZ code threads each time an update came out with just "poor ST" in it...

Poor Mustang, Poor WWE

#31 5 years ago

I've got a ST and a WOZ at the same location. ST does significantly better that WOZ (almost twice the earnings) but WOZ is still doing ok. Neither can beat TWD. That theme seems to really draw the people in.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Move along, tank.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I've got a ST and a WOZ at the same location. ST does significantly better that WOZ (almost twice the earnings) but WOZ is still doing ok. Neither can beat TWD. That theme seems to really draw the people in.

Cool - would you share the ST, WOZ, and walking dead numbers over a typical week?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

And this makes your vagina sandy because why?

I wouldn't know what that feels like. Sounds like you're the expert on what it feels like to have sand in your vagina.

Now, I'm sure your panties are in a wad because Star Trek is outperforming WOZ, but it's no reason to rag about it. Best you call up some of your friends and go get a mani/petti to take your mind off the fact the Star Trek has pwned your ass.

#35 5 years ago

Does the award mean that Star Trek is the highest earning pinball machine on location this year or is just a preferred machine by operator's due to how well it earns? That is the type of information the first post in the thread should contain rather then solely being another anti WOZ troll post by Captain_Kirk.

#36 5 years ago

I wouldn't know what that feels like. Sounds like you're the expert on what it feels like to have sand in your vagina.
Now, I'm sure your panties are in a wad because Star Trek is outperforming WOZ, but it's no reason to rag about it. Best you call up some of your friends and go get a mani/petti to take your mind off the fact the Star Trek has pwned your ass.

Gooood, let the WOZ hate flow through you

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Cool - would you share the ST, WOZ, and Walking Dead numbers over a typical week?

I don't have a woz but here are a graph of my earnings sans numbers

pin-earnings.jpg

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does the award mean that Star Trek is the highest earning pinball machine on location this year or is just a preferred machine by operator's due to how well it earns? That is the type of information the first post in the thread should contain rather then solely being another anti WOZ troll post by Captain_Kirk.

Another? Hey tank, got an example of an anti-WOZ thread I've started?

What's that?

<crickets chirping>

#39 5 years ago

I have to give this game another shot. I thought it was a real snooze fest compared to IM. I also preferred SM.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's the biggest earnings in the month they bought an ad in the magazine.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really Panzer you talked and talked and talked about how WOZ earned

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Cool - would you share the ST, WOZ, and Walking Dead numbers over a typical week?

Well, any actual numbers are extremely location dependent but speaking in round numbers for MONTHLY earnings at my main location.

TWD - $300+
ST - $250+
WOZ - $150'ish

I have a very low volume location, tiny arcade in a brewery taproom, but low volume also means relatively low maintenance. I can go a month or two without having to make any repairs. The brewery is moving in the next year to what should be a much higher volume location and I'm curious as to how it will grow. Note, I have a day job that subsidizes my current low machine count route.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Port St. Lucie, FL
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside