View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
jeri_ryan-star-trek-e1291958123501.jpg
th-2.jpeg
th-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

I think this looks like a great "pro" game.

I can't wait to see the Premium/LE.

The flasher under the spinner is money.

#17 10 years ago

for dmd, I'd rather have custom dots as well.

#31 10 years ago

Well, I will say this. Stern could have gotten ahead of this and been the first videos we've seen, instead we're getting these where we're still getting incomplete impressions of the game.

#35 10 years ago

We don't see the start, but later in the game he's able to select a mission, so I'm guessing this will be like acdc then?

hard to compare a pro against an LE, plastic ramps vs wire, missing features, missing lightshow. What we can take away from this are the dots and music, overall I feel good.

#44 10 years ago

it does look fast as hell.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Could this be the star field projector ?

This is a Pro model, no starfield.

I agree with some of the above comments. Stern by not putting out their own video are letting these amateur videos create first impressions of this machine. We're not seeing anything exciting so it's creating a blah impression. I KNOW there is tons about this machine we have not seen, but this is all we've got!

I know Stern staff lurk here. So, do something about this!!

#105 10 years ago

Boy this vid sure sucked the wind out of the sails around here.

#110 10 years ago

you know, I'm not surprised at the reaction. Sh_tty video = sh_tty response. And because of the media blackout from Stern, it's all we've got.

#113 10 years ago

I went back and looked at this again:

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/startrek/Star%20Trek%20Pinball%20Features.pdf

we still haven't seen much of the game, and for premium/le, a ton of stuff we have not seen.

#144 10 years ago

Well, from this short video where nothing much happens, the one thing I DON'T see are mechanical problems, ball traps, bad plunger, or anything of the other things we've seen lately from new Sterns. So I am encouraged by that.

Looking forward to the official videos where they actually demonstrate the game.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

There shouldn't be many / any mechanical problems because there are no mechanical toys in the game! The only mechanical mechanism of any significance on the pro is the drop target. Seems kind of lame in that sense.

Well, this is the problem with the video, that ship does more but we haven't seen it. From my understanding, on the pro, that ship will fire balls at you and shake like AFM.

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i really hope it works out for you early adopters.

Well, the pin will either be good or it isn't. the PR disaster doesn't affect the quality of the pin. I suspect though a lot of money is disappearing off the table.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Not quite sure why it's "Klingon multiball" when you're locking it in the Vengance. You'd think it would be "Vengance Multiball" or something alluding to the fact that you're battling the Vengance. *shrug*

It seems to me that the Vengeance is pulling double-duty. During Vengeance Mode, it is fighting you, but when not in play, it's just a regular drop target, the space ship does not do anything then.

#287 10 years ago

There is no "secret" kept for expo. it's all in the matrix. but they'll be showing it to most people for the first time there, and we may not see the LEs before then depending on when they ship.

#297 10 years ago

An LCD in the dmd area would not have changed how ST plays at all. The ramps and playfield would all be the same.

I'm ready for lcd as well, but lets be realistic about how much it will impact the game beyond higher definition video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-video-first-real-one-of-pro-gameplay-guys?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.