View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
jeri_ryan-star-trek-e1291958123501.jpg
th-2.jpeg
th-1.jpeg
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#2 10 years ago

Sound effects are cool. Something about this game reminds me of Firepower a little bit.

#3 10 years ago

Are you saying this guys a pro?

#4 10 years ago

Looks fun. Cool

#5 10 years ago

My only comment is ... Man, that pin needs an LCD screen. I could hardly tell what was going on with the dots.

#6 10 years ago

Sound like actual voices, good to hear.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Sound like actual voices, good to hear.

i think they are generic, very close. i could be wrong.

#9 10 years ago

Man, I hope that upper flipper shot is easier than he makes it look. I think he missed it every time.

#10 10 years ago

I think the premium comes with glass.

#11 10 years ago

I think this looks like a great "pro" game.

I can't wait to see the Premium/LE.

The flasher under the spinner is money.

#12 10 years ago

Just WOW!! A price increase and this is what they come up with? The PIN lives!

#13 10 years ago

At the very end I thought I heard direct movie clips but the lack of movie clips on the dmd is disappointing.
So far nothing mind blowing and that ball lock on the pro is horrible. Just having it sit behind a stand up target is lame.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

At the very end I thought I heard direct movie clips but the lack of movie clips on the dmd is disappointing.

I can do without movie clips personally.

#15 10 years ago

Big Trek fan here and that still doesn't look very good.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

If it's gonna be DMD, I'd rather see custom animation vs. dot-ified movie footage.

#17 10 years ago

for dmd, I'd rather have custom dots as well.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The flasher under the spinner is money.

I thought the exact same thing!

#19 10 years ago

Custom DOTS for sure! I hate those movie clips

#20 10 years ago

Can't wait to play one on location somewhere. I'm sure the 1up or 2up will get one in Denver.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it's gonna be DMD, I'd rather see custom animation vs. dot-ified movie footage.

been there, done that with TF

#22 10 years ago

is it me or enterprise toy seems cheaper on pro than in premium and LE...
on stern website...it s the same for all versions...
but maybe bad quality vid doesn t help...
and please not there is a spinner on pro version this time!!! AHAHAHAHAH!

#23 10 years ago

interesting. Was hoping to see something happen with the dreadnaught other than virtual ball locks.

Still glad I passed

#24 10 years ago

I'll take that game play tape now, if you don't mind.

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#25 10 years ago

Un-inspiring, looks and sounds very meh.
Pass.
When is the Walking Dead pin being made?

#26 10 years ago

Everyone has different taste. I'd rather have the movie clips than cartoonish characters with movie audio. Doesn't match. Great thing about sm, im, and tron were the movie clips. Some of the TFs movie clips were hard to make out but i was glad they were still in there.
For fans of the movies I think it is a let down. My 2 cents.

#27 10 years ago

The more than comes out on ST...the less I like it.

I still don't see 1.5 years in the making...

Hopefully that'll change after I get to play the thing

#28 10 years ago

Best video so far but still not feeling the love for the red DMD and sound effects are Ok but where's the Star Trek music?

#29 10 years ago

Ummm. I'm going to refrain from all of my harshest comments because I know I'm going into this with a bad attitude after seeing the original video release .. but I certainly don't have a better opinion now.

Those definitely do not sound like the actual actors voices at all (oh well.) For the folks who "don't need movie animations included" ... why even buy a "Star Trek" pin then?? No artwork on the playfield or plastics, no characters from the movies anywhere, and only one toy representing a ship from the movie. I still don't understand the nearly complete lack of theme integration (why even pay for a license?? just create a generic space theme.) And the sound effects? I suspect they do sound much better in person but they seem a little cheesey to me. I've watched the video twice and hopefully it's just because this person didn't have a great game, but it sure didn't seem like much going on at all. I'm still scratching my head on this one Stern .. compared to MET this is a huge step back.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

For the folks who "don't need movie animations included" ... why even buy a "Star Trek" pin then??

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And the sound effects? I suspect they do sound much better in person but they seem a little cheesey to me.

You pretty much lost any credibility you had with me regarding ST awhile ago, but this seals the deal.

#31 10 years ago

Well, I will say this. Stern could have gotten ahead of this and been the first videos we've seen, instead we're getting these where we're still getting incomplete impressions of the game.

#32 10 years ago

Hey um guys, not trying to talk any trash aboot Stern or you, but maybe possibly sort of small slim very little chance the game software isn't "complete." So let's not judge the thing like it's done.

#33 10 years ago

Seems like the more I listen, the more the audio quotes are just thrown out at random and some don't make sense why they are there.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Ummm. I'm going to refrain from all of my harshest comments because I know I'm going into this with a bad attitude after seeing the original video release .. but I certainly don't have a better opinion now.

You've made it pretty clear you adamantly hate a pin you have never played. And it sounds like the hatred is to the point that you would hate it no matter how it plays when you do get the chance. I'm just confused why you are so worked up over your dislike for it and post so much about it. Are you trying to convince others to hate it or just driving your opinion home with a nuclear bomb?

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Speaking of BOMB ... let's hear more about ST.

Case in point...

#35 10 years ago

We don't see the start, but later in the game he's able to select a mission, so I'm guessing this will be like acdc then?

hard to compare a pro against an LE, plastic ramps vs wire, missing features, missing lightshow. What we can take away from this are the dots and music, overall I feel good.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Seems like the more I listen, the more the audio quotes are just thrown out at random and some don't make sense why they are there.

Which, as 'TheLaw' stated is probably because the code is far from done. But still ...

#37 10 years ago

I like the flasher under the spinner. Definitely not the detailed paint job on the center ship/toy.

#38 10 years ago

This looks like STTNG and SM meet No Fear as this video does not show good flow. It's like the guy bricks a lot of shots. That left ramp looks way to small and steep.

Hoping that guy playing is just a really bad player

Positive is the game does look fast.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

just driving your opinion home with a nuclear bomb?

#40 10 years ago

I did see when he chose a mission, after he did it the dmd stated "punch it" and you can see his right hand hit the fire button on the lockdown bar. He tried to choose by using both flippers but that didn't work.

#41 10 years ago

I want to be impressed but am not. The video quality wasn't great.
I Want to see what the laser does. I want to see the ship go down. I want to see multiballs.
I want, I want, I want.

#42 10 years ago

I'm not impressed at all

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Shouldn't you be price pumping in a WOZ thread or something?

#44 10 years ago

it does look fast as hell.

#45 10 years ago

interested to play it next weekend. That drop target looks like it could be a trap right there. Comes screaming off that thing.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Oof. I am so let down...

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Shouldn't you be price pumping in a WOZ thread or something?

Nah, WOZ is shipping.
Hobbit hype is where its at now.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey um guys, not trying to talk any trash aboot Stern or you, but maybe possibly sort of small slim very little chance the game software isn't "complete." So let's not judge the thing like it's done.

but see that the issue with pinball, computer games, video games and electronics in general... why do companies not release a done product ?

anyone that remembers shareware and DOS know what I mean.

#49 10 years ago

For Sterns biggest budget ever it looks sort of rehash. Not that thats bad but I already own a S/M

#50 10 years ago

There are some people that already have their mind made up about the game, both good and bad. No matter what they see now, it won't matter. There was another game that came out recently that stands out in my mind as having the exact same thing happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
There are 308 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-video-first-real-one-of-pro-gameplay-guys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.