Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leftovers (resized).jpg
D6DA41AF-2E7D-42F9-AF28-828259FF8D1B (resized).jpeg
XOnMPqr (resized).png
5210552C-9E64-4A5A-9C87-0B710631B950 (resized).jpeg
3FF2317A-D613-4A18-83E0-4496224A59DC (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

ST was my first pin. I mostly picked it because of the theme. I didn’t know anything about pinball at the time, what pins were considered good, bad, etc.
I would be willing to bet that ST was a popular choice for first time pin buyers over the past few years. This may be why Stern picked it: to expand the market and reach first time buyers.

I sense you are now less than thrilled with the choice?

I'm thinking of grabbing one but reviews seem mixed. I know I'll need to play some pins, but on location can make it difficult to really understand the game.

No further code (if true ) may be a check in the negative column, although really, seems like every newish pin is lacking in that department somehow from what I read.

So, was it a good choice for you?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Reviews seem mixed? My recommendation would be to put a HUGE asterisk* on anyone bashing Star Trek who has less than 1 year experience in the hobby.

Yeah, I see a few "boring", "modes the same", type stuff. I've never played, so just looking for insight.

I see it ranked very high, but then again, lots of people like to justify a big purchase, so trying to do my research.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I sold my STLE which I had for 3 years, I thought there were better games for me like Woz or SM but ST is (IMO) a top tier game all around. The modes were really similar shoot the lit shots, but then that can be said of anything like LotR, DI, Tspp, SM (etc.) they all are shoot the lit shots. But maybe because there are so many ST modes that you can get numb to them just by their sheer number.
If you have a small collection, I think ST would be excellent because you can learn the strategies and experiment with the Away Team and also with going three deep or not. There is a lot to do way more than SM, but since I have such a large collection I didn't get to spend as much time on ST to really see all there was to do. I just think you need to spend a lot of time playing it to appreciate it. Some other games like SM or DI you can just jump in and have a few quick games on.
I would recommend ST more in a small collection because there *is* so much to do, but in a large collection and I don't play that much it seemed to be neglected when I could play other games like IM or Tron or SM.
I think (for me) and I sold LotR too because of this, that ST seemed more work. Not meaning it's bad but if you don't have the time to put in to playing a lot you might not appreciate it as much as some more shallow pins.

Wow, great summation! Thank you. That made things much clearer for me. 3 years is a pretty long time considering I see games selling after just a month or two (or 50 plays), so that says something right there.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It is a lot of money for sure. I'm sure other vets will agree that your best bet is to get out there and play the games. Find out what YOU like and then take the risk. If you go by Pinside scores exclusively then you end up with cookie cutter collections that aren't very interesting. 95% of pinball machines are interesting and fun, go with what appeals to you.

I agree. Of the limited games I've played, some of the top dogs don't really do much for me at first play.

On location will offer it's own issues though, besides the endless drain on my wallet - proximity noise and distraction, or simply being in the excitement of a game room vs my basement.

Eh, I'll play what I can and go from there.

Thanks.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone tell me the legit price of new ST?
Pro
Premium

This. Vault or NOS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-ve-pro-prem?tu=ronss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.