Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leftovers (resized).jpg
D6DA41AF-2E7D-42F9-AF28-828259FF8D1B (resized).jpeg
XOnMPqr (resized).png
5210552C-9E64-4A5A-9C87-0B710631B950 (resized).jpeg
3FF2317A-D613-4A18-83E0-4496224A59DC (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Personally, I don’t mind this re-release. And while we’re on topic, question for you Star Trek owners:
I own a Star Wars Pro and a Game of Thrones Premium. Both fan layout games, both Steve Ritchie designs. I have room for 1 (maybe 2) more game(s). Does Star Trek differ enough from my current Stern lineup, or would I be better off going for a game from a different designer?
I love the theme, but I also want variation in my pin collection as it grows.

TWD or Met pro would be better

I’m not one to talk about variety since I own 4 John Borg pins 5 at one point, I also had three SR pins with SM, STLE and AcDc Premium. It’s possible to own another SR pin if you want but I’d suggest at least one Brog (Tron, IM, TWD or Met).

#170 5 years ago

So yea, in DI if the kicker misses the ball it gives a virtual save. How hard is that to figure out?

I won’t buy another ST until Stern does some bug fixes.

#173 5 years ago

Sucks the game has been out 5 years and they’re sitting on bug fixes.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, I see a few "boring", "modes the same", type stuff. I've never played, so just looking for insight.
I see it ranked very high, but then again, lots of people like to justify a big purchase, so trying to do my research.

I sold my STLE which I had for 3 years, I thought there were better games for me like Woz or SM but ST is (IMO) a top tier game all around. The modes were really similar shoot the lit shots, but then that can be said of anything like LotR, DI, Tspp, SM (etc.) they all are shoot the lit shots. But maybe because there are so many ST modes that you can get numb to them just by their sheer number.

If you have a small collection, I think ST would be excellent because you can learn the strategies and experiment with the Away Team and also with going three deep or not. There is a lot to do way more than SM, but since I have such a large collection I didn't get to spend as much time on ST to really see all there was to do. I just think you need to spend a lot of time playing it to appreciate it. Some other games like SM or DI you can just jump in and have a few quick games on.

I would recommend ST more in a small collection because there *is* so much to do, but in a large collection and I don't play that much it seemed to be neglected when I could play other games like IM or Tron or SM.

I think (for me) and I sold LotR too because of this, that ST seemed more work. Not meaning it's bad but if you don't have the time to put in to playing a lot you might not appreciate it as much as some more shallow pins.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

More
Wow, great summation! Thank you. That made things much clearer for me. 3 years is a pretty long time considering I see games selling after just a month or two (or 50 plays), so that says something right there.

I think if you have the time and will play the game a lot you can get a lot more from ST. I think if it was a small collection a game like Tron or IM would get old fast but having a large collection, I can have a game that doesn't get played for a month or more. So those games like Tron or IM will stay around.

I had both ST and SM at the same time, sold SM kept ST. Later I got SM back and sold ST. The two are similar in layout and don't think would be great in the same collection, but each one is great in it's own right.

I replaced STLE with WoZ RR and it's such a different experience, but if you are debating ST it's not a bad idea to get one, it's a great pin.

#191 5 years ago

The modes can be selected which is nice and you can change up the order as you wish.

My only beef was minor, suppose you are doing save the Enterprise or any scene. You can be in that scene and then jump to different scene like Nero. It’s fine but the story seems fuzzy because you are not competing a scene just the first third of a scene and jumping to an entirely different scene.

Other modes that I’m aware of such as DI, LotR, Tspp, IJ and so on you complete a scene don’t stop in the middle of a scene. If you were force to do 1-2-3 in a row it would make a lot more sense as a complete scene but would also force you on rails or more linear.

However beauty it’s up to you, you can jump around or you can complete all in a row whatever you feel like. I believe GB forces you to do a whole scene ladder and people complain GB is very linear.

#192 5 years ago

Can someone tell me the legit price of new ST?

Pro
Premium

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I heard mid July from my distributor.

What kind of price is the premium?

#202 5 years ago

That’s surprising to me, around the same as Iron Maiden while ST you need to buy a color DMD for $400extra.

3 months later
#212 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Any update to the pricing for Pro and Premium that people are paying?
Any differences (good or bad) from new vault owners on original vs vault games?
Thanks

Someone told me $6800 for premium from a well known dealer.

Don’t know pro price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-ve-pro-prem?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.