Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leftovers (resized).jpg
D6DA41AF-2E7D-42F9-AF28-828259FF8D1B (resized).jpeg
XOnMPqr (resized).png
5210552C-9E64-4A5A-9C87-0B710631B950 (resized).jpeg
3FF2317A-D613-4A18-83E0-4496224A59DC (resized).png
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

WARP SPEED! Stern is bringing Star Trek Pro and Premium editions out of our Vault!

These Vault models will be unchanged from our last production of Steve Ritchie’s great game! The players have demanded more...

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10156524711514244

#2 5 years ago

I think a vault edition star trek based on the original 1966 version would have been awesome.

#3 5 years ago

I have an ST Pro and it is a great pin. Personally, I would like to see an Avengers VE with all the issues fixed.

#4 5 years ago

Smart move. I love mine still.

#6 5 years ago

Keeping it DMD will hurt the sales a lot

#7 5 years ago

We enjoy our Star Trek pro, I don’t see the need for a vault edition. They seem to have produced a lot of these pins and are readily available. What is the advantage to purchasing a vault edition Star Trek????

#8 5 years ago

Be sure to bring those original prices out of the vault too!

#9 5 years ago

Don’t distributors still have some of these in stock? Kind of a head scratcher, but I’m sure Stern knows what they’re doing.

#10 5 years ago

I don't read this as a vault edition, but simply as another run, which has been done in the past.

#11 5 years ago

code update to fix the end game issues would be cool to be included in this!

#12 5 years ago

Oh, a software update would be nice. ST prem was my first pin and it started an obsession.

#13 5 years ago

Yawn. A title no one was asking for yet. Terrific game one of sterns best but people want innovation and change. Not same product for 1k more and going back in time

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I don't read this as a vault edition, but simply as another run, which has been done in the past.

That makes WAY more sense. Calling it a vault edition is weird.

I had no idea that there was any demand for this title that couldn't be satisfied by current NIB stock or the used market.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I think a vault edition star trek based on the original 1966 version would have been awesome.

Will Shatner mode, where the call outs and flipper pause unpredictably.

#16 5 years ago

Take the time to do it right, it wouldn’t take much. Keep mechanics and software. Add color display and change the art a bit.

#17 5 years ago

Using 'vault' in their announcement was a poor choice given their VE games. This just seems like another run of a recent game.

#18 5 years ago

I wish they would change the translite on the premium. Aurich's was so much better than the original.

#19 5 years ago

I hope it comes with a software update otherwise why? Tron is SO clearly the next vault that there has to be a hold up with disney on this.

I say this while my fully modded tron pro sits in the corner. SO HAPPY I bought one and stopped trying to predict when Stern would release the vault b/c by now even if it does, I'm feeling good.

#20 5 years ago

Any Vault with a DMD is a waste of time and money

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hope it comes with a software update otherwise why? Tron is SO clearly the next vault that there has to be a hold up with disney on this.
I say this while my fully modded tron pro sits in the corner. SO HAPPY I bought one and stopped trying to predict when Stern would release the vault b/c by now even if it does, I'm feeling good.

Wish I had a TRON, but I'm happy to wait (per the word on the street) until 2019 for a TRON VE adapted to SPIKE 2 and incorporating video into the display. In the meantime, I love my Star Trek Premium!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I bought a Tron Pro two weeks ago. I had been waiting because I thought a VE was coming soon. When I saw the vault headline I thought for sure it was going to be Tron. I’m guessing there is demand for ST, but there must be a reason they haven’t pulled the trigger on Tron. License or otherwise.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Any Vault with a DMD is a waste of time and money

That makes no sense.

ALL vaults have been DMD games and they’ve cost little time and made plenty of money.

I’d pinside ran Stern they’d be tits up in a month.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Wish I had a TRON, but I'm happy to wait (per the word on the street) until 2019 for a TRON VE adapted to SPIKE 2 and incorporating video into the display. In the meantime, I love my Star Trek Premium!

Oh man, not yet another rumor.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Oh man, not yet another rumor.

Not a rumor - word on the street. Much better!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Not a rumor - word on the street. Much better!

that rumor was debunked during one of the shows by gomez I believe. I wouldn't get my hopes up that stern will vault tron and then change the interior hardware - that's something they have never done.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wouldn't get my hopes up that stern will vault tron and then change the interior hardware - that's something they have never done.

Ah, but this will be no ordinary vault edition. This will be ... <cue trumpets and timpani drums> ... TRON VE!

#28 5 years ago

I also hope there is a code update

#29 5 years ago

Why? When you can get a HUO Pro for 4k...

#30 5 years ago

Stern didn't add useful Instant Info on the Spider Man Vault. That would have been pretty much the easiest job with a huge bang for the buck you could ask for.

I wouldn't hold your breath on new code.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d pinside ran Stern they’d be tits up in a month.

I agree with that 100%! Demand is still out there for this game NIB. I just picked up a premium. It was priced at the high end of current market, and the seller had four local contacts in less than 24 hours. Since this sounds like just another production run, if it had come up a month ago I would have waited and bought new (depending on where they price it).

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Stern didn't add useful Instant Info on the Spider Man Vault. That would have been pretty much the easiest job with a huge bang for the buck you could ask for.
I wouldn't hold your breath on new code.

Stern did do an update on ACDC this year.

#33 5 years ago

It’s not a hard game to aquire if you wanted. There are still NIB at distributors from the last run

3FF2317A-D613-4A18-83E0-4496224A59DC (resized).png3FF2317A-D613-4A18-83E0-4496224A59DC (resized).png

#34 5 years ago

I bought my ST Pro last summer and had to shop around quite a bit to find a NIB (and had to pay a bit more than the going rate for a Stern Pro at the time).

I don’t recall any Premiums being around, or I might’ve bit on one of those.

Was thinking of moving my ST but glad folks who want a NIB will get that chance...even if it makes mine harder to move.

#35 5 years ago

Lamest Vault yet. It’s just another run of a game that is not in high demand. No changes? Why would we buy this edition? Just get one of the ones on the market NIB right now. I don’t get it.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that rumor was debunked during one of the shows by gomez I believe. I wouldn't get my hopes up that stern will vault tron and then change the interior hardware - that's something they have never done.

Well that sucks! I guess when stern says never they mean ...

#37 5 years ago

Honestly.... I love my modded to the roof ST Pro... That being said they are not in that high of demand for a VE

What the hell is Stern thinking.

#38 5 years ago

Star Trek 4 movie is coming. It's a current and popular franchise. And literally all Stern has to do is create a batch of them to fill the bubbles in production. No overhead to design it. I think it makes sense to build more. Just don't call it "VE" and none of us would be annoyed since it implies some design improvements.

Personally I'm in the market for a NIB. Only thing that really has stopped me, is that for the same cost a 2018 pin with LCD is a little more desirable. But Star Trek is my dream theme.

Just bought a IMDN. And I have only 4 slots. So I could do a ST VE. Or wait for what else unfolds this year. Probably I'll just wait.

#39 5 years ago

I wonder how many ST’s are already out there?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yawn. A title no one was asking for yet. Terrific game one of sterns best but people want innovation and change. Not same product for 1k more and going back in time

Not to mention that STTNG is twice the game for less money.

#41 5 years ago

Why are people complaining about this?!

Don't want it, don't buy it. Wait for the next non-offensive title.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or the next offensive one

#43 5 years ago

Makes sense, easy money, and when Luci was re-run, I figured Star Trek was the other obvious, easy prospect as it was the other recent big seller out of production.

I'd rather see Tron, but that's only because I already own ST Premium. But this might mean the code will get some attention and refining, so good news for me too.

#44 5 years ago

LOL. Folks are lighting up their FB post with TRON VE requests. My guess is that it is one of the 3 following possibilities:

1. TRON VE is in the works/plans for next year.
2. They want to do the TRON VE but can't secure the licensing.
3. They don't want to make it - even though it seems to have strong interest.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not to mention that STTNG is twice the game for less money.

Sorry, but I owned and loved STTNG for nine years. It is a fantastic game, but I like ST Premium/LE better. The shots are tighter and it plays like butter.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Don’t distributors still have some of these in stock? Kind of a head scratcher, but I’m sure Stern knows what they’re doing.

My local distributor mentioned having some in stock not long ago. Basically had no interest in my ST pro on any trade. Great game but was ready to move on. Maybe Stern has a lot of extra parts or the licensing was cheap/easy. I would think it would be more profitable to focus on IMDN production since demand is up there.

#47 5 years ago

Odd choice imo.... its not difficult to find a huo modded pro for 4400-4750 and modded premiums in the 6-6500 range. Plus they made them for 4-5 years up untill about a year ago. How much will they be 5400 and 6800? Now if it was upgraded somehow maybe ... but its not. Fun pin tho and one of the most loaded pros imo...

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(edit)

You can say the same damn thing about every single thread in the history of Pinside that discusses a new title or a VE.

Apparently people can only post positive opinions about any new title or VE or rerun. No "complaining" allowed!

Anyone who made a post questioning this move by Stern, or who otherwise are "complaining" about it should just go back and delete their posts (and they should probably be ejected from the thread too)!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because the people want Tron! Duh

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Because the people want Tron! Duh

And it isn’t a VE...it’s just another run of the same damn game that is already currently available.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-ve-pro-prem?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.