Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leftovers (resized).jpg
D6DA41AF-2E7D-42F9-AF28-828259FF8D1B (resized).jpeg
XOnMPqr (resized).png
5210552C-9E64-4A5A-9C87-0B710631B950 (resized).jpeg
3FF2317A-D613-4A18-83E0-4496224A59DC (resized).png
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Hey Delt 31 thought you might be wanting to sell at Tron again how's the Iron Maiden working out for you pal do you really think Stern cares about what pinsides think you're living in a bubble dude.....

Geddy - "living in a bubble DUDE"? Are you serious? How old are you 10? Take my "bubble" and replace it with your trailer and then we would have you in upstate. Congratulations. I would start focusing on someone who cares about you or your opinion. No need to personally attack me for no reason but I'm sure as hell going to respond to your nonsense.

I can also buy and sell as much as I want - why would anyone care what others do (although it's pretty obvious why you would - nothing else going on for you which is sad). Since you asked, it's actually worked incredibly well. More than I could have imagined.

#152 5 years ago

STLE owner here, looking forward to this if they have new code & improved light shows for the premium+ using RGB, & fix the left lower "bar" of light on the DMD during Vengeance mode.

Carry on.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

STLE owner here, looking forward to this if they have new code & improved light shows for the premium+ using RGB, & fix the left lower "bar" of light on the DMD during Vengeance mode.
Carry on.

It’s the same machine. No upgrades from the previous versions.

#154 5 years ago

Personally, I don’t mind this re-release. And while we’re on topic, question for you Star Trek owners:

I own a Star Wars Pro and a Game of Thrones Premium. Both fan layout games, both Steve Ritchie designs. I have room for 1 (maybe 2) more game(s). Does Star Trek differ enough from my current Stern lineup, or would I be better off going for a game from a different designer?

I love the theme, but I also want variation in my pin collection as it grows.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Personally, I don’t mind this re-release. And while we’re on topic, question for you Star Trek owners:
I own a Star Wars Pro and a Game of Thrones Premium. Both fan layout games, both Steve Ritchie designs. I have room for 1 (maybe 2) more game(s). Does Star Trek differ enough from my current Stern lineup, or would I be better off going for a game from a different designer?

What you need is a TWD.

#156 5 years ago

Don’t get the drama, hoping this gets us a code update.

Bring on TRON next tho plz.

#157 5 years ago

Compromise? Maybe ST layout with 1982 TRON theme and sounds?

#158 5 years ago

I’m glad for the st ve. Although they should update code and change the translights, and maybe a few tweaks like luci. Just wish there was a Stern credit division

#159 5 years ago

This is odd...

I see requests for Tron and TWD.

Star trek.... None.

#160 5 years ago

Stern knows they can keep TRON VE (a surefire seller) in their pocket for a rainy day thanks to the success of IMDN, and why ST? Low effort probably. Great game, good seller, evergreen license, throw a little software at it and sell a couple hundred more, why not?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Stern knows they can keep TRON VE (a surefire seller) in their pocket for a rainy day thanks to the success of IMDN, and why ST? Low effort probably. Great game, good seller, evergreen license, throw a little software at it and sell a couple hundred more, why not?

Stern will not put any game on the line for less than a run of 500 units

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

This is odd...
I see requests for Tron and TWD.
Star trek.... None.

leftovers (resized).jpgleftovers (resized).jpg
#163 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Okay; “...sell five hundred more, why not?”

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So are you saying you don't think the will do TRON VE because it won't sell 500 units? or are you saying if they do TRON VE it will be at least 500 units

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So are you saying you don't think the will do TRON VE because it won't sell 500 units? or are you saying if they do TRON VE it will be at least 500 units

I think it's more along the lines of someone just making up stuff as stern does runs of less then 500 units all the time.

#166 5 years ago

Wasn't Star Trek Stern's last pin to stop being produced? Maybe it's just a matter of not having to do much re-training of people or retooling of the line to get this thing going again. Sure a few pins might have slightly more demand, but the cost of getting them going again might eat up any additional profits to be made.

#167 5 years ago

Plus outside the pinball hardcore world, the Star Trek franchise is 1000x more popular than Tron.. isn’t that where the money is?

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

TWD or Met pro would be better

I’m not one to talk about variety since I own 4 John Borg pins 5 at one point, I also had three SR pins with SM, STLE and AcDc Premium. It’s possible to own another SR pin if you want but I’d suggest at least one Brog (Tron, IM, TWD or Met).

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think it's more along the lines of someone just making up stuff as stern does runs of less then 500 units all the time.

It is not just making stuff up a NIB I bought some yr's back was marked ### of 500 I do not remember my games number. Even there LE games 500 units. The cost of 100 playfields vs 500 playfields far less per unit when producing 500

#170 5 years ago

So yea, in DI if the kicker misses the ball it gives a virtual save. How hard is that to figure out?

I won’t buy another ST until Stern does some bug fixes.

#171 5 years ago

I think this pin is a bit under rated. It is big fun, got to say.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s the same machine. No upgrades from the previous versions.

never give up hope.

Star Trek – We’ve done a bug fix update that will coincide with our recently announced vault release. This code update will work on all Star Trek models.

http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-june-2018

#173 5 years ago

Sucks the game has been out 5 years and they’re sitting on bug fixes.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

never give up hope.
Star Trek – We’ve done a bug fix update that will coincide with our recently announced vault release. This code update will work on all Star Trek models.
http://www.sternpinball.com/community/stern-of-the-union-address-june-2018

Never been so pleased to be wrong!

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Never been so pleased to be wrong!

yes, +1 of course
even more when GB & KISS are also on the list...

#176 5 years ago

So does anyone have confirmed pricing?

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

If only Star Wars was ANY other layout

It is sad that there is no good SW pin, IMHO

#178 5 years ago

I think it's safe to say now that this update is the final update. Nothing more coming.

#179 5 years ago

ST was my first pin. I mostly picked it because of the theme. I didn’t know anything about pinball at the time, what pins were considered good, bad, etc.

I would be willing to bet that ST was a popular choice for first time pin buyers over the past few years. This may be why Stern picked it: to expand the market and reach first time buyers.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

ST was my first pin. I mostly picked it because of the theme. I didn’t know anything about pinball at the time, what pins were considered good, bad, etc.
I would be willing to bet that ST was a popular choice for first time pin buyers over the past few years. This may be why Stern picked it: to expand the market and reach first time buyers.

I love the theme, would love to own this pin as well

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I sense you are now less than thrilled with the choice?

I'm thinking of grabbing one but reviews seem mixed. I know I'll need to play some pins, but on location can make it difficult to really understand the game.

No further code (if true ) may be a check in the negative column, although really, seems like every newish pin is lacking in that department somehow from what I read.

So, was it a good choice for you?

#182 5 years ago

Reviews seem mixed? My recommendation would be to put a HUGE asterisk* on anyone bashing Star Trek who has less than 1 year experience in the hobby.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Reviews seem mixed? My recommendation would be to put a HUGE asterisk* on anyone bashing Star Trek who has less than 1 year experience in the hobby.

Yeah, I see a few "boring", "modes the same", type stuff. I've never played, so just looking for insight.

I see it ranked very high, but then again, lots of people like to justify a big purchase, so trying to do my research.

#184 5 years ago

It is a lot of money for sure. I'm sure other vets will agree that your best bet is to get out there and play the games. Find out what YOU like and then take the risk. If you go by Pinside scores exclusively then you end up with cookie cutter collections that aren't very interesting. 95% of pinball machines are interesting and fun, go with what appeals to you.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Yeah, I see a few "boring", "modes the same", type stuff. I've never played, so just looking for insight.
I see it ranked very high, but then again, lots of people like to justify a big purchase, so trying to do my research.

I sold my STLE which I had for 3 years, I thought there were better games for me like Woz or SM but ST is (IMO) a top tier game all around. The modes were really similar shoot the lit shots, but then that can be said of anything like LotR, DI, Tspp, SM (etc.) they all are shoot the lit shots. But maybe because there are so many ST modes that you can get numb to them just by their sheer number.

If you have a small collection, I think ST would be excellent because you can learn the strategies and experiment with the Away Team and also with going three deep or not. There is a lot to do way more than SM, but since I have such a large collection I didn't get to spend as much time on ST to really see all there was to do. I just think you need to spend a lot of time playing it to appreciate it. Some other games like SM or DI you can just jump in and have a few quick games on.

I would recommend ST more in a small collection because there *is* so much to do, but in a large collection and I don't play that much it seemed to be neglected when I could play other games like IM or Tron or SM.

I think (for me) and I sold LotR too because of this, that ST seemed more work. Not meaning it's bad but if you don't have the time to put in to playing a lot you might not appreciate it as much as some more shallow pins.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I sold my STLE which I had for 3 years, I thought there were better games for me like Woz or SM but ST is (IMO) a top tier game all around. The modes were really similar shoot the lit shots, but then that can be said of anything like LotR, DI, Tspp, SM (etc.) they all are shoot the lit shots. But maybe because there are so many ST modes that you can get numb to them just by their sheer number.
If you have a small collection, I think ST would be excellent because you can learn the strategies and experiment with the Away Team and also with going three deep or not. There is a lot to do way more than SM, but since I have such a large collection I didn't get to spend as much time on ST to really see all there was to do. I just think you need to spend a lot of time playing it to appreciate it. Some other games like SM or DI you can just jump in and have a few quick games on.
I would recommend ST more in a small collection because there *is* so much to do, but in a large collection and I don't play that much it seemed to be neglected when I could play other games like IM or Tron or SM.
I think (for me) and I sold LotR too because of this, that ST seemed more work. Not meaning it's bad but if you don't have the time to put in to playing a lot you might not appreciate it as much as some more shallow pins.

Wow, great summation! Thank you. That made things much clearer for me. 3 years is a pretty long time considering I see games selling after just a month or two (or 50 plays), so that says something right there.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

It is a lot of money for sure. I'm sure other vets will agree that your best bet is to get out there and play the games. Find out what YOU like and then take the risk. If you go by Pinside scores exclusively then you end up with cookie cutter collections that aren't very interesting. 95% of pinball machines are interesting and fun, go with what appeals to you.

I agree. Of the limited games I've played, some of the top dogs don't really do much for me at first play.

On location will offer it's own issues though, besides the endless drain on my wallet - proximity noise and distraction, or simply being in the excitement of a game room vs my basement.

Eh, I'll play what I can and go from there.

Thanks.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

More
Wow, great summation! Thank you. That made things much clearer for me. 3 years is a pretty long time considering I see games selling after just a month or two (or 50 plays), so that says something right there.

I think if you have the time and will play the game a lot you can get a lot more from ST. I think if it was a small collection a game like Tron or IM would get old fast but having a large collection, I can have a game that doesn't get played for a month or more. So those games like Tron or IM will stay around.

I had both ST and SM at the same time, sold SM kept ST. Later I got SM back and sold ST. The two are similar in layout and don't think would be great in the same collection, but each one is great in it's own right.

I replaced STLE with WoZ RR and it's such a different experience, but if you are debating ST it's not a bad idea to get one, it's a great pin.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I don't like the shows or movies at all, but bought a ST Pro after playing it at a show. It's a great game, and one of the most fully featured Pro's that Stern has done. I suppose the rules could be construed as linear if you do the same modes in the same order every time, but the game does not force you to do that.

I'd consider it a great machine for a new/1 machine person, since the 3rd flipper and extra ramp give it some good variety.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I fall in that boat (if i consider when I got serious) and love Star Trek. However I've also had the fortune to play a lot of really good "classics." Perfect too as I'm looking to buy a first machine and want something NIB. Now the debate will be this or MMr.....

#191 5 years ago

The modes can be selected which is nice and you can change up the order as you wish.

My only beef was minor, suppose you are doing save the Enterprise or any scene. You can be in that scene and then jump to different scene like Nero. It’s fine but the story seems fuzzy because you are not competing a scene just the first third of a scene and jumping to an entirely different scene.

Other modes that I’m aware of such as DI, LotR, Tspp, IJ and so on you complete a scene don’t stop in the middle of a scene. If you were force to do 1-2-3 in a row it would make a lot more sense as a complete scene but would also force you on rails or more linear.

However beauty it’s up to you, you can jump around or you can complete all in a row whatever you feel like. I believe GB forces you to do a whole scene ladder and people complain GB is very linear.

#192 5 years ago

Can someone tell me the legit price of new ST?

Pro
Premium

#193 5 years ago

So to be clear - there are NO changes in this vault?

Is it just another run of the pro/premium models?

#194 5 years ago

Maybe playfield rails for pro?

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So to be clear - there are NO changes in this vault?
Is it just another run of the pro/premium models?

That's the wording in the release -- "unchanged".

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone tell me the legit price of new ST?
Pro
Premium

This. Vault or NOS.

#197 5 years ago

Does anyone know when the Premiums will be shipping?

#198 5 years ago

I heard mid July from my distributor.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I heard mid July from my distributor.

What kind of price is the premium?

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What kind of price is the premium?

$7499?

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/star-trek/pre

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-ve-pro-prem/page/4?hl=goodomens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.