Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

leftovers (resized).jpg
D6DA41AF-2E7D-42F9-AF28-828259FF8D1B (resized).jpeg
XOnMPqr (resized).png
5210552C-9E64-4A5A-9C87-0B710631B950 (resized).jpeg
3FF2317A-D613-4A18-83E0-4496224A59DC (resized).png
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

To be honest, I have gone from surprised to stunned that there is no TRON VE. Especially given all the other VEs that have been done up to this point.

This is a sliver of the market. Believe it or not, the world is not clamoring for a pin based on a movie that bombed 8 years ago.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Because what you just said is not an accurate statement.

Complete BS, you guys are making something out of nothing just so that you have something to complain about. Any changes IM and ACDC were small and were for reliability or to make sterns life easier (ACDC premium window) and were nothing major. If you go to sterns website, once something is moved to the Archive section, if it comes back out they have been calling them VE's. Plus all of you bitching have no clue if anything has been changed or added to ST yet.

But just so that we are all on the same page. Add some foil decals and it's now a VE, don't add them and it can't be a VE even though it came from the archive because pinside says so.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Complete BS, you guys are making something out of nothing just so that you have something to complain about. Any changes IM and ACDC were small and were for reliability or to make sterns life easier (ACDC premium window) and were nothing major. If you go to sterns website, once something is moved to the Archive section, if it comes back out they have been calling them VE's. Plus all of you bitching have no clue if anything has been changed or added to ST yet.
But just so that we are all on the same page. Add some foil decals and it's now a VE, don't add them and it can't be a VE even though it came from the archive because pinside says so.

Yes, foil decals are a change and makes the edition DIFFERENT!

IMVE changes included: LEDs (with code to support effects), lighted Iron Monger, speaker panel artwork, new style metal backbox with tilted DMD, molded figures instead of the poseable jointed ones, and yes foil high res decals!
I’m less familiar with the AC/DC changes, but I think it at least had a swinging bell on the pro and added LEDs. The LUCI art package obviously on the Premium.

#104 5 years ago

Ok, so Stern releases a "vault edition" of a movie released 10 years ago that was largely forgettable given besides the fact it rebooted a franchise. WE have had 2 Star Trek movies since then which could have been a great source of updated art and software. Instead Stern chooses to release the exact same machine they made 10 years ago.

In other words, Stern being Stern.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hey, RobT is back! Miss the TWD avatar!

TWD is gone, and TNA is incoming, so it was time for a new avatar. I kind of miss it too though.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Complete nonsense.

So if Stern stops production on a pin for a couple of months a moves it to the archive page on their website and they do another run it magically becomes a "vault" edition? Really?

Does the term "vault" have any meaning to you?

To me IM was a true vault edition release because it had been out of production for years, not months. AC/DC as well, but to a lesser degree. Like others have said, just call it another run and this thread would be half as long as it is.

#107 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure Stern knows Tron would be a huge seller. It's heavily rumored though, when Tron comes out as a VE, it will have the LCD screen, not dmd. I think it would be super cool if they reskin it using the original Tron theme.

#108 5 years ago

I think this is great news for new owners and for current owners providing Dwight is given time to revisit the code. If I remember right he was put on ST late in the day and had to do a 180 with the code, which saved the game, if he is given time to bug fix and finish the code off as he sees fit it’s a win win.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I'm pretty sure Stern knows Tron would be a huge seller. It's heavily rumored though, when Tron comes out as a VE, it will have the LCD screen, not dmd. I think it would be super cool if they reskin it using the original Tron theme.

Yes. But this takes a ton of effort to design the new animations, update the code, update the whole machine. It's almost a tron reboot, besides using the same playfield.

Makes sense for ST "VE" they are just throwing together a "victory" batch of machines so they can sell direct and profit off the continued popularity of the machine.

Probably I will cave and buy one NIB this summer.

#110 5 years ago

It sounds like two more movies could be in the works for this trek cast so maybe vaulting this one was a good idea.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think this is great new for new owners and for current owners providing Dwight is given time to revisit the code. If I remember right he was put on ST late in the day and pretty much saved the game doing a 180 with the code, if he is given time to bug fix and finish the code off as he sees fit it’s a win win.

I'm not holding my breath. I'm looking at the wording of the release, and it states "unchanged". I take that to mean that they are cranking up the production line and running off a number of new machines....using up inventory, filling distributor requests, or whatever the reason may be. If there is a code update, I'll be just as happy as everyone else. But I think that's just wishful thinking.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm not holding my breath. I'm looking at the wording of the release, and it states "unchanged". I take that to mean that they are cranking up the production line and running off a number of new machines....using up inventory, filling distributor requests, or whatever the reason may be. If there is a code update, I'll be just as happy as everyone else. But I think that's just wishful thinking.

Oh its definitely wishful thinking but Stern have really stepped up their code game recently and I look at the "unchanged" statement in regards to the physical build of the game, no foil decals or changes to the playfield like the ACDC window.

There has been a rumour for ages that ST was to get a final update, but up until recently Dwight & Lyman have been slammed, the new code guys working on IMDN and GOTG are doing some awesome stuff on those games and that's got to mean its giving Dwight & Lyman a little more breathing room when it comes to code, Dwight was put on ST last minute and he has really found his coding rhythm, would be great if he can get a little time to polish up the code sorting the existing bugs and playing through the modes imo you can see what's Lonnie and what's Dwight with the differences in mode levels, id love to see him get a chance to give it all one final going over and put his stamp on it he does some great code!

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

id love to see him get a chance to give it all one final going over and put his stamp on it he does some great code!

I hope the level 1 modes get some serious differentiation. What they've done to the GotG modes has been nothing short of fantastic. Pops for one, ramps for another, standups for another, loops for another, 2-ball multiball for another, etc. I posted in the ST owners' thread that I can't figure out how the level 1 modes are even coded now. It's shoot any flashing light, preferably combo-ing into the next flashing light. But no one can say which lights will be flashing or why. GAT levels, and levels 2 and 3 are distinct. Level 1 code is a mystery.

We'll see. But if it doesn't happen, there will be a flood of "why didn't you update the code" posts. I just won't be one of them.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are people complaining about this?!
Don't want it, don't buy it. Wait for the next non-offensive title.

Edit

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are people complaining about this?!
Don't want it, don't buy it. Wait for the next non-offensive title.

Bc it's a waste of vault. So many HUO options out there and cheaper. The only people thinking this is good is stern and folks who are not aware they're are so many better deals out there.

Some guy recently bought a NIB for 5700. He went to sell it and you know who cared? Nobody bc the market is saturated. How about bring out something else that starts with T and sounds like ON and then we can start saying why is everyone bothered about Stern's decision (and this is from a tron owner). Here's the tip of the day....

They can't! Anyone else believe stern's not smelling this money for 4 years and refused to acknowledge? Please they would have been ALL over this if they could. Something else is in play. My guess.....Disney. notorious for milking

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Complete nonsense.
So if Stern stops production on a pin for a couple of months a moves it to the archive page on their website and they do another run it magically becomes a "vault" edition? Really?
Does the term "vault" have any meaning to you?
To me IM was a true vault edition release because it had been out of production for years, not months. AC/DC as well, but to a lesser degree. Like others have said, just call it another run and this thread would be half as long as it is.

No, vault means absolutely nothing to me. Could care less what they call anything. I also have no clue why any if you care.

ST is a good game, it's nice that newer people to the hobby and new barcades will have a chance to get one NIB of they want.

Quoted from delt31:

Bc it's a waste of vault. So many HUO options out there and cheaper. The only people thinking this is good is stern and folks who are not aware they're are so many better deals out there.
Some guy recently bought a NIB for 5700. He went to sell it and you know who cared? Nobody bc the market is saturated. How about bring out something else that starts with T and sounds like ON and then we can start saying why is everyone bothered about Stern's decision (and this is from a tron owner). Here's the tip of the day....
They can't! Anyone else believe stern's not smelling this money for 4 years and refused to acknowledge? Please they would have been ALL over this if they could. Something else is in play. My guess.....Disney. notorious for milking

So because it's not what you wanted it's a waste?

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No, vault means absolutely nothing to me. Could care less what they call anything. I also have no clue why any if you care.
ST is a good game, it's nice that newer people to the hobby and new barcades will have a chance to get one NIB of they want.

So because it's not what you wanted it's a waste?

please not just me. Wake up.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

please not just me. Wake up.

You guys are so dramatic. Obviously Tron has some complicated license issues. Stern needs to keep making games while that is worked on. They are only making more ST because there is demand for them from their distros. Should they just not make more ST then even though the demand is there?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You guys are so dramatic. Obviously Tron has some complicated license issues. Stern needs to keep making games while that is worked on. They are only making more ST because there is demand for them from their distros. Should they just not make more ST then even though the demand is there?

what demand? so many exist and there are even NIB if you want them?

hey - if you want to shill for Stern sweet but not me. This decision is completely bogus.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what demand? so many exist and there are even NIB if you want them?
hey - if you want to shill for Stern sweet but not me. This decision is completely bogus.

So they paid for a license and are going to make games that no one is going to buy? Pinsides dramatic little corner of the market does not represent everyone. Stern knows what they are doing and its hilarious to see so many people think they know better that don't know anything about sterns business. Remember all of the hate for Supreme? Sold out instantly. Pinside hates everything stern does.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So they paid for a license and are going to make games that no one is going to buy? Pinsides dramatic little corner of the market does not represent everyone. Stern knows what they are doing and its hilarious to see so many people think they know better that don't know anything about sterns business. Remember all of the hate for Supreme? Sold out instantly. Pinside hates everything stern does.

I'm sorry am I talking to you or Stern's marketing department. I'm talking about what's best for the pinballer. I'm not talking about how can stern squeeze as much out of the market as possible. If that's your intention don't waste my time we're talking about two different things.

The question is what would have been a better option for their vault......is the answer star trek? I guess so right? I've been DYING for a Star Trek Vault. Wow - prayers answered.Let's just bend over like you're suggesting and take whatever stern's going to give to us!

Oh - and stern killed it with that IMDN design so no, everything stern does isn't bad. 3 out of 4 machines I own are stern. C'mon Jgentry - I would respect you more if you told me Stern and you work together than you defend this decision and say ST is the best vault option. Now if you're saying Tron is not on the table so they're going to vault whatever they can to get by, OK - I can understand that but let's say that to begin with.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The question is what would have been a better option for their vault......is the answer star trek? I guess so right? I've been DYING for a Star Trek Vault. Wow - prayers answered.Let's just bend over like you're suggesting and take whatever stern's going to give to us!
Oh - and stern killed it with that IMDN design so no, everything stern does isn't bad. 3 out of 4 machines I own are stern. C'mon Jgentry - I would respect you more if you told me Stern and you work together than you defend this decision and say ST is the best vault option. Now if you're saying Tron is not on the table so they're going to vault whatever they can to get by, OK - I can understand that but let's say that to begin with.

Lol, wtf are you talking about. Why would you bend over and buy whatever. If you don't want a ST just don't buy one. I'm not getting one. I know a couple of people that happily will though. If they could just roll out Tron they would have. Obviously it's not that easy.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If they could just roll out Tron they would have. Obviously it's not that easy.

Agree with this 100%, Stern know a TRON VE with or without LCD screen would be easy money and we all know Stern love to make money, so the math really isn't that hard, there is something stopping Stern from brining a TRON VE to the market and its probably licensing/Disney.

Disney just do not give a shit about TRON anymore and they probably don't see it as a big money maker when they can licence out a Marvel movie instead for probably 3 to 4 times the price of TRON.

I own an LE and even I would love to see and probably buy a TRON VE with Sterns current LCD setup, but I doubt its Stern that's the problem.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, wtf are you talking about. Why would you bend over and buy whatever. If you don't want a ST just don't buy one. I'm not getting one. I know a couple of people that happily will though. If they could just roll out Tron they would have. Obviously it's not that easy.

Jgentry - I'm not sure if you like to be intentionally annoying or if you genuinely believe you have something to contribute. If so what is your point? We both agree that something is stopping stern from releasing Tron but you genuinely think people are clamoring for ST? This is my last attempt to understand what you're talking about

#125 5 years ago

Will the OP please rename this thread "TRON VE WHERE IS IT"?

#126 5 years ago

Clearly there is an issue with licensing. Not having a vault edition of TRON is baffling.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jgentry - I'm not sure if you like to be intentionally annoying or if you genuinely believe you have something to contribute. If so what is your point? We both agree that something is stopping stern from releasing Tron but you genuinely think people are clamoring for ST? This is my last attempt to understand what you're talking about

People like ST, more games available is a good thing. People will buy them. Why do some of you act offended when stern makes a game you don't personally want? Call me annoying, pretend like whatever you type is some sort of contribution and what I type isn't if that's what you like.

#128 5 years ago

Is this like the “Waiting Place” in a Dr Seuss book?

If you want a Tron or what ever game you friggin want why don’t you guys go buy a it now?

I mean it seemed like everyone and their Mom wanted ACDC for a while then the VE comes and sales were alright but not spectacular.

Maybe folks just want what they think they can’t have because they can’t call and get it delivered by the end of the week? Maybe folks don’t want to pay a little extra for what they desire and would rather complain and wait? Maybe Tron or whatever you want Vault will come and you won’t order it that day, but wait with comfort knowing it will be there for you over the next year? Who knows?

Life is too short to wait and complain. Get on the hunt - make connections, spend a few more bucks and get what you want now and enjoy it.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

People like ST, more games available is a good thing. People will buy them. Why do some of you act offended when stern makes a game you don't personally want? Call me annoying, pretend like whatever you type is some sort of contribution and what I type isn't if that's what you like.

There is no pretending. Your point seems to be stern can build more games from the past b/c people might buy them? Really? OK - I'm out.....off to find a SS or IJ.....

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh - and stern killed it with that IMDN design so no, everything stern does isn't bad.

Not really, they hired someone who designed it outside the company. I truly don't think this design could have been done in house by Stern. It would have gotten killed off in it's infancy as too different. The was already a working prototype of this design that came with Elwin, and that's the only way it saw the light of day.

#131 5 years ago

Tron is such a good machine.... It made me like the movie. Just hearing the call outs during the movie starts a pavlovian adrenaline rush.

#132 5 years ago

I’m not stern but -

Star Trek is a much larger grossing property in terms of the general public and success in the market. Tron is 1/1000 of that in the real world.

So while on Pinside we want Tron, the world loves Star Trek more. So Stern will sell way more Star Trek vs Tron to the general public. Locations. Etc.

Dollars talk. Pinsiders walk.

My 2C

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I’m not stern but -
Star Trek is a much larger grossing property in terms of the general public and success in the market. Tron is 1/1000 of that in the real world.
So while on Pinside we want Tron, the world loves Star Trek more. So Stern will sell way more Star Trek vs Tron to the general public. Locations. Etc.
Dollars talk. Pinsiders walk.
My 2C

So is avengers, but us pinsiders want MM and AFM vaults (I mean remakes)

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Smart move...

this post makes me wanna play my DH...

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

...Personally, I would like to see an Avengers VE with all the issues fixed.

well, quite easy to DIY... i'm not usual while operating, but i did all was needed on mine, and than it become a really nice/fun/good pinball when playing 100%

- HULK arms : set them "higher" with a spacer on the coil
- BW ramp : simply realign the segments to get ball rolling perfectly while climbing
- LOKI lock : easy & various ways to get balls be detected by the optos, bwt STERN will send you their sticker (if not already "in" as you have a earlier run)
- spacer over the HULK MB saucer...

go to avengers topic for more details on these

#136 5 years ago

Any VE is good news as it pushes Stern to do a code update, as that is best way of selling the back catalog.

AC/DC got one and rumored to have at least one more as 'Oi Mania' is still broken.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I have an ST Pro and it is a great pin. Personally, I would like to see an Avengers VE with all the issues fixed.

I’d love to see Stern take another crack at Avengers but a new design/layout using Infinity War as the theme, my kids would go crazy for it and any theme that gets my kids excited and wanting to play pinball will enter my house.

#138 5 years ago

Don't forget overseas.

As for germany I only know of one reseller that has a Pro model NIB and due to exchange rate the games selling now are about 1000$ cheaper than that last year (for example Aerosmith).
So it is not only possible to get a NIB Premium again but also cheaper than at the end of when the production stopped (at least a bit, cause it was longer ago).

If I can manage it I'm in and am happy with the announcement.

And if you're waiting for Tron, just buy Star Trek instead because it's knowingly the far superior game.

#139 5 years ago

DS you nailed it people here on pinside they live in a bubble they only think the US is the only Market for games Stern ships games all over the world they know what the demand is....... You got a guy from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania he buys a game he sells at the next week he buys another game he sells at the next week he buys again and then he cries that his little tron isn't made....wtf...

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, quite easy to DIY... i'm not usual while operating, but i did all was needed on mine, and than it become a really nice/fun/good pinball when playing 100%
- HULK arms : set them "higher" with a spacer on the coil
- BW ramp : simply realign the segments to get ball rolling perfectly while climbing
- LOKI lock : easy & various ways to get balls be detected by the optos, bwt STERN will send you their sticker (if not already "in" as you have a earlier run)
- spacer over the HULK MB saucer...
go to avengers topic for more details on these

Good input.

#141 5 years ago

If you go back and look at Stern production videos for the past number of years you will always see ST somewhere on the line. It’s been a huge, huge seller for Stern and as others have said, the demand never waned.

#142 5 years ago

A local LE came up for sale, and I arranged to go see it Sunday. It was bought in the day I waited for my daughters 10th birthday party.

The seller wrote one post and it’s snatched in 24 hours. I mean just wow.

Meanwhile a Star Wars Premium sat unsold for 45 days.

Oh well it was a fun one night considering the LE purchase.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

DS you nailed it people here on pinside they live in a bubble they only think the US is the only Market for games Stern ships games all over the world they know what the demand is....... You got a guy from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania he buys a game he sells at the next week he buys another game he sells at the next week he buys again and then he cries that his little tron isn't made....wtf...

Geddy - I already have a tron so no skin in the game buddy - just common sense. I know living in upstate NY is tough but try to get by without stalking me on these forums.

#144 5 years ago

if only star trek was star wars !

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

if only star trek was star wars !

If only Star Wars was ANY other layout

D6DA41AF-2E7D-42F9-AF28-828259FF8D1B (resized).jpegD6DA41AF-2E7D-42F9-AF28-828259FF8D1B (resized).jpeg

#146 5 years ago

nib premium 7500?

#147 5 years ago

ST Should be around $5400 pro and $6900 Prem. Right?

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

A local LE came up for sale, and I arranged to go see it Sunday. It was bought in the day I waited for my daughters 10th birthday party.
The seller wrote one post and it’s snatched in 24 hours. I mean just wow.
Meanwhile a Star Wars Premium sat unsold for 45 days.
Oh well it was a fun one night considering the LE purchase.

Not quite sure why you are comparing a STLE local sale compared to a SW Prem?

Traditionally one year has been a good time marker for folks to move on from a NIB game. This Summer is SW time. IMDN time to sell will be Spring 2019.

Get a SW Prem if it is on your list this Summer. I love mine but like any game not for everyone. You will get around $700-$800 off SW NIB and get resale for around that later on.

#149 5 years ago

Hey Delt 31 thought you might be wanting to sell at Tron again how's the Iron Maiden working out for you pal do you really think Stern cares about what pinsides think you're living in a bubble dude.....

#150 5 years ago

Well,the powers that be have created a whole new ST universe to lure you youngsters in! The original series had officers in different years of service!! Now,the whole crew is out of the same academy class???This is do-over BS! I wanted a SLE when they came out! I was too late! I missed out on a SLE,and a lot of you weren't even born when the series first aired.So.they created a new plot,story line,stole characters from original series, sorry,this is not now,"our"ST But I still play my ST Pre and love it!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-ve-pro-prem/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.