View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20150417_220716_141.jpg
IMG_0119.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cappi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

I thought I saw a select timer now in the options menu to timeout mission selection. I think it was off by default but you might want to verify that it is off since it is a simple check. It might just be for autofire the plunger but I could see it affecting the VUK for mission selection for games on route.

--Kevin

#115 9 years ago

I found a bug that I believe was addressed in 1.5 but back again in 1.6x.

I suck at shooting Away Team and Mission Start shots, so I spend way too much time playing a 'paused' game between missions. When you loose the ball failing around trying to make the shot, the next ball would allow you to select the next mission. However, before v1.5, if Vengeance was ready to shoot with the drop target down, the next ball would start again in the between mission state. In 1.5 the next ball would force you to select the next mission before ejecting the next ball out of the trough (whether Vengeance was enabled or not).

In the current code I was again between missions with the Vengeance enabled and had the next ball ejected back to my between mission status.

Anyone else notice this?

--Kevin

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Are you saying that you cannot select a new mission on ball launch if a Vengeance mode is ready? Mine did that in 1.5 and still does it in 1.61. At first I thought this was a bug but later learned it was designed that way. I still don't know why because if you launch and hit GAT back in the VUK then you can select a mission. I guess the idea is to bring your focus to the Vengeance modes and sort of make you do them.

Yes, I thought it went away in 1.5. I might be wrong though. It seems strange to hold you hostage to make those shots because of the Vengeance. Who would want to run that multiball without a mode going anyway? Nothing is worse than getting stuck like this at the end of ball 1 and loosing the other two on a paused game trying to make one of those two shots. I need to play someone else's game to see if my flippers are not getting the full range of motion or something. I'll keep it alive through 15 shots trying to hit one of them only to loose it and have the game still on pause for the next ball to do the same thing. I would have put another way out, like shoot 3-4 ramps and the Vengeance shot will allow you to advance as well, so there is some risk involved to get there but it doesn't hold you hostage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.95
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cappi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs?tu=cappi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.