View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20150417_220716_141.jpg
IMG_0119.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Not as experienced as you so just asking a question. Will take a closer look at the dt and see if there is any adjustment I can make.

Don't fret about it. People have different levels of experience. A year ago, I was afraid of even removing a bulb lest I cause a short.

The drop target issue is mechanical. A lot of us have it to a certain extent. There is a thread about the drop target not staying up which also mentions some things to try when it won't go down. Basically, loosen the four screws under the play field that hold the bracket in place and try to push the target as much forward -- towards the player -- as you can. Mind you, this will only be half a mm or so. There isn't much play. But it may be just enough to solve your problem.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Thanks. I'm way past the bulb issues ......but still have much to learn. I have already fixed the dt with the correct washers and didn't have any more issues that have been mentioned in other threads. But the dt not dropping when hit is an issue. Doesn't happen but maybe 10% of the time but when it happens, the ball rebounds rather hard. Hence wondering if it's not supposed to come down during certain modes. I really can't see what adjustments can be made, but if everyone is not having this issue, then must be something that needs adjustment.

I'm still not past bulb issues. Everything I do makes me nervous.

I did the washer fix which is when I had the problem with the target not falling sometimes with a hard hit. Like you, it happens 10% of the time. From other posts, I am guessing this is just the way it is. Price for fixing the phantom hit issue with the washers, I guess. Thinner washers helped a bit but not completely.

#69 9 years ago

Try to use 1/32" washers if you can find them. It will minimize the new problem that you will have of hard hits not dropping the target.

#77 9 years ago

Perhaps it is a game setting?? Maybe that is why one of you can reproduce it and the other can't. Doesn't really sound like a switch issue, but if it was code, both of you would see it unless your settings were different.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Perhaps it is a game setting?? Maybe that is why one of you can reproduce it and the other can't. Doesn't really sound like a switch issue, but if it was code, both of you would see it unless your settings were different.

Just looking through the game adjustments, there is something called "mission start difficulty". I'm not sure what it does, but you can set it to easy, medium, or hard. Perhaps there is a difference between your two machines in terms of how this is set.

#90 9 years ago

I was playing KB1, timed out, had one shot left and tilted. The mode should have been over, but it restarted with 1 second left. This was on 1.6 (I haven't updated to 1.61 yet, but it doesn't look like this was addressed according to the read me).

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Setting the timer to 1 is a novel approach, although it does not account for other things happening in that 1 second like black hole being hit and adding time to the timer which I've had happen several times. There's also the possibility of of even starting Away Team in that 1 second. The 1 second actually seems more like 3 or 4 seconds too.
Rob

Are you saying this was intentional and not a bug?

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

When you get a gold medal on a tier 1 mission, the timer resets to 1. This is by default but can be changed in the game options.
Is that what you were asking about?
Rob

I thought mine reset to 1 when I tilted and drained. I can't remember whether I had a gold medal or not. I just remember that the timer had run out so I was trying to get my final shot. The ball went wild (as usual), I nudged, tilted and drained. In the old code, the mission would have been considered complete. But the next ball started on the same mission with 1 second left.

#102 9 years ago

Noticed something tonight. I was playing STE2, had one shot left (right orbit) when I got Klingon multi-ball. While in multiball, I made the right orbit several times, but it never registered the shot as counting to finish STE. When multi-ball ended, I still needed to hit that orbit.

1 week later
#133 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

As for another bug: Nero 1 awards the 'Nero Award' for any final shot. All the other modes there are only 1 or 2 shots that will get you the award.

The final shot shot for the Nero award is actually the black hole target. I stumbled upon this when I bricked one of the regular shots.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

running 1.61
Ball 1 make it through Prime Directive 1, shoot left mode start, select PD2, ball ejects from left mode start like it should and I manage to drain before making a single shot.
bug >> ball 2 comes in shooter lane and it is like I never selected PD2. I have to launch and then hit back to a mode start in order to reselect PD2.
maybe not a bug and I just sucked so got punished, but it sure felt like a bug.

It's a standard game adjustment. "Punish people who suck. On or Off." I have mine off because I suck too.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

I don't see it listed here but it seems that setting the score to give you an extra ball every 15 mil and then setting this to 'fixed' is no longer working. It appears to be behaving dynamically instead. The 1st game worked fine with extra balls at 15 mil, 30 mil etc., but once a new high score was received it increased these requirements to 45, 90, etc. Bug or do I have another setting wrong besides those I mentioned?

I think there is another setting you have to adjust as well. Perhaps turn "boost" off. I can't remember exactly, but mine works as intended.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Agreed, not only does it work well but the ramp sign looks better with a back cover. Mine was hard to stick at first because wires in the way. Once I got it to stick it has not come off. When I first got the machine, I did not know the warp ramp was a shot because the light was barely noticeable. Not anymore.

Does it come off easily in the event a repair is ever needed?

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Yes. It's only held on by double sided tape.

Thanks. I'm going to get one. It looks like a huge improvement.

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

A last question, why are you guys playing PD2 so much? Playing for shot doublers by completing all 3 missions is a main cornerstone of my strategy now. Completing all the PD's give you the Mission Start 2X which is arguably the worst shot to have doubled. You really want to shoot that shot more(especially on a pro)? In v1.5, it was definitely worth playing through PD2 to get to PD3 to milk the scoring exploit. That has since been neutered, and as it stands, PD2/3 aren't particularly valuable. Just curious if you guys have some super sneak strategy that I'm not seeing.

I sometimes play PD2 because of the variety and the dots. Plus the narrator tells me I'm "good" and "great". Who wouldn't like that?

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I just checked their site. The pic they have posted has it on the right too.
How odd.

I assume you can still get it to fit around the wires ok? I hope so, as I ordered one.

4 weeks later
#221 8 years ago

For the medal award light show, are you guys talking about something specific with the Premium/LE or just the normal blackout and flashy lights that the Pro has as well? If the latter, I really like the light show. It is distracting, but that just keeps me on my toes. I will admit to missing a shot or two because of it, but I miss many more shots for no good reason whatsoever. I would hate for them to change anything about those lights.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Plus, it's just like all the lens flares in the movie!

Never thought about that, but you have a point there.

2 months later
#241 8 years ago

I'm guessing you are in victory lap mode until you drain your multiball down to one ball again. The pin should then revert back to normal mode and allow you to take the shot. It does seem silly (and likely a bug) that it won't register the shot to finish Galactic Vengeance. I wonder what would happen if your time on the mode ran out. Would you be deprived of that Galactic shot? That doesn't seem fair.

2 months later
#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Of course they can be taken care. The question is of course - will they?

I have faith. They have said repeatedly in several different forums that there would be one more update. I have no reason to doubt that there will.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I checked DTD2 some more and realize now that the solid lit shots don't do anything. It's the blinking ones, the ones you have not made which you need to shoot.

This is correct. It is not a bug but how the mission was meant to be played.

2 years later
#308 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

It seems extra balls don't stack, at least that happened twice to me when getting warp ramp extra ball award then kobayashi maru extra ball. I was only rewarded one of the extra balls, they don't add up.

My extra balls stack. Is there a Kobayashi Maru extra ball? I'm not aware of one, but I have only completed it a couple of times, I think.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Recreated again, but without the warp extra ball. At end of level 1s, just before Kobayashi Maru, extra ball gets lit, but nothing is awarded when you hit it. So it's not a stacking issue, I guess EB shouldn't be lit then.

At end of level 1 modes but before kobayashi, the extra ball light is on with the other lights leading to the Vengeance just to indicate that kobayashi is ready. There is no extra ball at that point.

1 month later
#316 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

As I've started to target the Away Team shot more, I noticed the detection fails often (very frustrating!), especially on good shots that bounce straight down off the flipper and zip through the lane. I tried adjusting the switch, but didn't help much, it just seems the ball is traveling too fast for the software to detect the switch.
Does this happen to others regularly? If not, maybe I need to try some further switch adjustment. I'm considering a modification to install a horizontal switch at this point, or maybe some kind of gate or something to slow the ball.
If this is common, I'd like to see an update that plunger lane switch should also award Away Team in the middle of play, as it means the shot was made, with the exception of the rare bouncing stray ball.

I don’t believe this has ever happened to me with well over 2000 plays. My guess is that it is a switch issue on your machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs?tu=Nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.