View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20150417_220716_141.jpg
IMG_0119.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captain_Kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

Kickback seems weaker....

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Oh one last thing, does anyone think 1.61 is the last version, barring any major bugs or scoring exploits found?

Not the last update...but probably the last one with new features.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

A gold medal does not mark the end of the mode as far as I know.

It's a setting you can adjust.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I haven't updated to 1.61 yet. Sounds like maybe I should hold off for now.

There is ZERO reason not to update. Everything negative is mass hysteria.

2 weeks later
#148 9 years ago

I just got my MezelMod, and it's great! One odd thing, there is a small notch towards the bottom of the right side. It would seem this small notch should be on the left side, to help as a gap for the wiring.

Did I get a defective mold?

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You know....don't know what I was thinking when I posted Krazy glue. But I put a dab of 3M tape on each side to help keep it on as the tape it came with didn't do it for me during gameplay. Edited post. See pic.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Which side on yours has the little notch at the bottom? Left (where it would match up nicely with the wires) or on the right?

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from chriskd:

Mine is on the right, too. I would guess the notch *should* be on the left...

IMG_0119.JPG

I just checked their site. The pic they have posted has it on the right too.

How odd.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine is on the left

So the wires fit nicely in the notch for you?

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I assume you can still get it to fit around the wires ok? I hope so, as I ordered one.

It fits, but not sealed up as nicely as it could be.

#185 9 years ago

I emailed Mezelmods about the notch in the right side and here's what I got in reply.

"We've learned that a few people are experiencing this situation. It seems there is some assembly variation on the ST games as we've sold so many of these without issue!
Our plan is to update our installation instructions to let people know that gently moving the wires so they run out the bottom will solve the problem.
Can you send me a link to the thread you are referring to so Tim can post there as well?
Thanks so much,

Kristin Browning-Mezel

3 weeks later
#211 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

A few things about the latest code:

Some level 1 missions seem to use the insert blink timer and others do not. They all should be using it because they all run on a timer. DTD1 uses the insert blink timer for example.

Is this where one of the Starfleet logo shots alternates colors with no other stacked mode running? What is it's purpose?

Also, the medals award lighting is distracting, especially if it's happening when you're about to concentrate on making a shot.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

This lighting issue was the very reason I didn't buy an LE or Premium. I love the look of those machines, but those color changing LEDS right in the middle of the playfield really distracted my eyesight from keeping up with the ball.

The large color changing only happens when the ball is out of play...like a lock or KM.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The alternating insert is double score on level 1 missions. On level 2 and 3 it's required for the medals. I don't know if it scores single or double.
If you play DTD1, watch the inserts blink faster as the timer nears expiry. Then play some of the other level 1 missions and this doesn't happen. There's also issues with the blink timer being used on Nero 2, STE2 and those missions don't have timers. So you get really fast flickering inserts after about 40 seconds

Maybe they are just double scoring like the level 1 missions?

Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't mind this as much. The medal award presentation actually seems low priority and I never saw it as distracting. I found that if I keep making shots, it waits to show the medal award.
Rob

That's nice....as long as you're hitting shots! Just some small changes in the lighting would solve the problem.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To quote Steve Ritchie on ACDC, 'Play Better!'
Rob

To quote Captain Kirk "I changed the conditions of the test. I don't like to loose!"

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Yes, please leave the lightshow as is. Love it.

Tweak it.

1 week later
#230 8 years ago

Random thoughts....

Speed the whole mission select thing up. Takes too long, having to wait for "Welcome Aboard" and then Steve to start naming the missions before you can start moving the modes.

Kill the flippers when choosing a mission.

PD II needs some kind of shot remaining feedback on the DMD. It seems oddly out of place not to have that on a II or III type mode. I have no idea how far along I am.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Just played all the PD's a couple times. Currently PD 2 & 3 are the exact same mode, hit every shot once. Not really that hard to see what you have left to do. That being said, they have the real estate on the dmd. This comes back to the previous discussion of multiple screen designers working without a unified goal. PD3 has a shot remaining counter that's in the upper right, but that's where PD2 has the timer.
PD3 should be changed. It's stupid how they completely neutered it, and makes no sense to have 2 of the same exact modes. None of the other missions are like that.

It's not about what shots I have to make, it's about how many more there are.

It's inconsistent with the other II and III modes, including PD III, as you pointed out.

2 months later
#244 8 years ago

Stern just posted on Facebook asking what code needs to be updated for 5 pins, and of them is Star Trek. If you have bugs or features you'd like to see, please post!

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from Gizmata:

On 1.61 Premium.

Maybe not a bug but definetly confusing to me, as completing 3 missions in a row starts flashing "Captains Chair", and I can't figure out how to activate it or what it does. The Vengance slot was the only target with a matching white target light, but shooting there got Vengenace multiball, so its confusing to me why "Captains Chaiir" is flashing, but no obvious shot to enable the mode???

Captains Chair doesn't mean much. It essentially means you've achieved on of the bonus scoring features for completing three in a row. I'll bet at one time, when the playfield was designed, they were intending it to be something else, but it didn't pan out in the code.

2 months later
#265 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's been 6 months since the last update. SR promised this broken code would be fixed and so far I would say that has not been the case. It was improved, but still lacks polish and some needed bug fixes. Oh and more Black Hole awards would be nice!
Rob

1.6/1.6.1 was the update Steve was talking about. It took care of many, many things.

There are a few things that need ironed out, but nothing like 1.5 was.

Jody recently mentioned during the GOT stream that Star Trek would get one last polish.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Sorry, it needs more than polish because I ran into another show stopping bug tonight. I was playing DTD2 and went into KMB. After KMB ended I had 1 shot left to finish DTD2. The shot pattern was lighting up as usual, but NONE of the shots counted for anything. If I shot a ramp there wasn't even any sound and I could not finish the mission. Therefore I could not finish the mission and my current ball was screwed...
Rob

Again, 1.6/1.6.1 was the update Steve was referring too. You're describing a few odd bugs that can be taken care of in a polish.

3 months later
#297 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Has anyone heard if ST was getting a code update?
I have not read this whole thread, probably a good thing because I'd be obsessing on more bugs.
I certainly hope they do, and that it will include a ball save fix. As I said, on my LE if the ball save kicker misses the ball because it's traveling too fast. That's ball drains. But clearly the machine should know if the kicker fires and the ball drains 0.1 seconds later, it can not be any other event but the kicker missed the ball. It should clearly award a virtual ball saver. TOTAN had this 20 years ago.

Jody mentioned in the GOT Twitch stream that Star Trek was getting a "polish".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captain_Kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs?tu=Captain_Kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.