View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_20150417_220716_141.jpg
IMG_0119.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Oh one last thing, does anyone think 1.61 is the last version, barring any major bugs or scoring exploits found?

Not the last update...but probably the last one with new features.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

A gold medal does not mark the end of the mode as far as I know.

It's a setting you can adjust.

#53 9 years ago

LOL. I just went to do the update and realized that I already have the 1.61. I was out of country on vacation and by the time I got home and updated it was already 1.61.

#54 9 years ago

Anyone else see a need to have different abbreviations for Klingon Multiball and Kobayashi Maru?

#55 9 years ago

So I am not sure if this is a bug, a mechanical issue or a rule....but there are times during a mode, where the drop target is not lit, so when the ball hits the up drop target, it just bounces off...sometimes rather violently. Should this be happening? I recently fixed the drop target with the proper washers preventing the drop target from going up and down...and once I did, game was/is playing great except for above.

#56 9 years ago

My drop will not work sometimes with a hard strike to it. This was there before the update also. I'd love to know if there is a fix for that.

#57 9 years ago

Have same issue with drop target. Worked perfectly at first but after a few months hard hits don't often register. I was told this was common in all stern games so don't think there is much you can do.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

LOL. I just went to do the update and realized that I already have the 1.61. I was out of country on vacation and by the time I got home and updated it was already 1.61.

This makes zero sense!!! Who updated it? Did it update it self? Do you have a pinball addict ghost?

#59 9 years ago

How could hitting a drop target and the drop target not dropping be a code issue? Seriously, people need to think through things a bit before typing . It's purely a mechanical function. Code has no control over it. If it were a code bug, it would drop and instantly raise with it should be down.

Hitting drop targets super hard and the target not dropping indicates you need more tension on the drop target spring so that the target is pulled down a bit before bouncing back forward. Your "fix" you mention probably is the culprit here.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How could hitting a drop target and the drop target not dropping be a code issue? Seriously, people need to think through things a bit before typing . It's purely a mechanical function. Code has no control over it. If it were a code bug, it would drop and instantly raise with it should be down.
Hitting drop targets super hard and the target not dropping indicates you need more tension on the drop target spring so that the target is pulled down a bit before bouncing back forward. Your "fix" you mention probably is the culprit here.

Not as experienced as you so just asking a question. Will take a closer look at the dt and see if there is any adjustment I can make.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Not as experienced as you so just asking a question. Will take a closer look at the dt and see if there is any adjustment I can make.

Don't fret about it. People have different levels of experience. A year ago, I was afraid of even removing a bulb lest I cause a short.

The drop target issue is mechanical. A lot of us have it to a certain extent. There is a thread about the drop target not staying up which also mentions some things to try when it won't go down. Basically, loosen the four screws under the play field that hold the bracket in place and try to push the target as much forward -- towards the player -- as you can. Mind you, this will only be half a mm or so. There isn't much play. But it may be just enough to solve your problem.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

This makes zero sense!!! Who updated it? Did it update it self? Do you have a pinball addict ghost?

Let me clarify...I updated it but thought I was doing the 1.6. I didn't pay attention and actually did the 1.61.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Don't fret about it. People have different levels of experience. A year ago, I was afraid of even removing a bulb lest I cause a short.
The drop target issue is mechanical. A lot of us have it to a certain extent. There is a thread about the drop target not staying up which also mentions some things to try when it won't go down. Basically, loosen the four screws under the play field that hold the bracket in place and try to push the target as much forward -- towards the player -- as you can. Mind you, this will only be half a mm or so. There isn't much play. But it may be just enough to solve your problem.

Thanks. I'm way past the bulb issues ......but still have much to learn. I have already fixed the dt with the correct washers and didn't have any more issues that have been mentioned in other threads. But the dt not dropping when hit is an issue. Doesn't happen but maybe 10% of the time but when it happens, the ball rebounds rather hard. Hence wondering if it's not supposed to come down during certain modes. I really can't see what adjustments can be made, but if everyone is not having this issue, then must be something that needs adjustment.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Thanks. I'm way past the bulb issues ......but still have much to learn. I have already fixed the dt with the correct washers and didn't have any more issues that have been mentioned in other threads. But the dt not dropping when hit is an issue. Doesn't happen but maybe 10% of the time but when it happens, the ball rebounds rather hard. Hence wondering if it's not supposed to come down during certain modes. I really can't see what adjustments can be made, but if everyone is not having this issue, then must be something that needs adjustment.

I'm still not past bulb issues. Everything I do makes me nervous.

I did the washer fix which is when I had the problem with the target not falling sometimes with a hard hit. Like you, it happens 10% of the time. From other posts, I am guessing this is just the way it is. Price for fixing the phantom hit issue with the washers, I guess. Thinner washers helped a bit but not completely.

#65 9 years ago

I haven't updated to 1.61 yet. Sounds like maybe I should hold off for now.

#66 9 years ago

I am still on 1.60 & having a problem that when I hit the start button to begin a game it picks the mission, auto launches, shakes the vengeance ship and the drop goes up and down 3 times!! Ive done a switch test and everything seems to be normal. When I shut it off Weds night it was working fine. I have 12 guys coming for a pin party tomorrow so if someone can help me resolve this it would be great.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I am still on 1.60 & having a problem that when I hit the start button to begin a game it picks the mission, auto launches, shakes the vengeance ship and the drop goes up and down 3 times!! Ive done a switch test and everything seems to be normal. When I shut it off Weds night it was working fine. I have 12 guys coming for a pin party tomorrow so if someone can help me resolve this it would be great.

Read the thread: Star Trek LE: drop target won't stay down

It's an easy fix (with pictures). Only 4 screws to take off the mech and then you will need two 1/16" small washers. The drop target will then stop going up/down repeatedly. Many have had the same issue and this will resolve it.

#68 9 years ago

Mine still selects your mission when you hit start before you have a chance to choose. I turned off "use both flippers to lauch ball" in settings, but it still does it.

Also, I think someone mentioned it, but I shot away team in the last second and the galactic mode showed on the screen, but the game took it as the last shot and didn't allow the GM to start. It went into the mission select screen.

#69 9 years ago

Try to use 1/32" washers if you can find them. It will minimize the new problem that you will have of hard hits not dropping the target.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I haven't updated to 1.61 yet. Sounds like maybe I should hold off for now.

There is ZERO reason not to update. Everything negative is mass hysteria.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

There is ZERO reason not to update. Everything negative is mass hysteria.

Yes couldn't agree more do the update

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Read the thread: Star Trek LE: drop target won't stay down
It's an easy fix (with pictures). Only 4 screws to take off the mech and then you will need two 1/16" small washers. The drop target will then stop going up/down repeatedly. Many have had the same issue and this will resolve it.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Try to use 1/32" washers if you can find them. It will minimize the new problem that you will have of hard hits not dropping the target.

Ok, thanks guys. I have read of this but after the code update the other night it was working fine, then, today when I turned it on all of a sudden this behavior started...that's what's buggin me. BTW, this forum is awesome! Thanks again for every ones help.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, but if it was a true software bug we'd all see it. Meanwhile people have had the exact same issue as that already, in older code. Was a switch problem.
Things can manifest during software updates, but it doesn't mean they're software bugs per se.
If it's software can you duplicate it every time with a particular order of things? Then other people could try it too.

I think I figured this out. At least on my pro machne with the glass off.
The kicking out of the vuk is not a bug. St least I dont think so.

When you are making the shots in a mode one of them starts flashing two colors.
If you hit it. Then hit the next two colored shot. And the next. In combos .Once the mode is completed it automatically starts the next mode if you shoot the vuk. It immediately kicks it out and starts the next mode that was the second color on the insert.

I tried several times and no mode is selectable when doing this. It automatically goes to the next. But if you just hit the single colored inserts. It lets you select the next mission.

I suggest someone else try as well. To confirm this.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I think I figured this out. At least on my pro machne with the glass off.
The kicking out of the vuk is not a bug. St least I dont think so.
When you are making the shots in a mode one of them starts flashing two colors.
If you hit it. Then hit the next two colored shot. And the next. In combos .Once the mode is completed it automatically starts the next mode if you shoot the vuk. It immediately kicks it out and starts the next mode that was the second color on the insert.
I tried several times and no mode is selectable when doing this. It automatically goes to the next. But if you just hit the single colored inserts. It lets you select the next mission.
I suggest someone else try as well. To confirm this.

This sounds bizarre and if true, I would think it's a bug. I'll try it on my pro in a bit.

Rob

#75 9 years ago

With the glass off on the pro. And hitting the two colored shots only in lvl 2. I got it to start 4 modes in a row without being able to select the next mission. Hitting random (non 2 colored) targets and completing modes by mission select or away team lets you select the next mission normally.

I dont think this is a bug as it goes right to the next mission. The mission that starts is the second color on the insert. You dont even have to hit mission start or away team shot just keep hitting the two colored inserts. You will get a gold medal all mission shots will be met/compketed and the next mode will start.
The vuk kickout issue just sometimes happens to be the last double lit insert.

So I guess if you are skilled enough you could bypass having to shoot away team and mission start to start modes.
But the drawback is you can not select which mode you want.

Please others test. Because im hoping its not a switch issue causing this.

#76 9 years ago

I tested STE2, PD2 and NERO2 and cannot reproduce this. It really sounds like you have a bad opto switch on the playfield.

Rob

#77 9 years ago

Perhaps it is a game setting?? Maybe that is why one of you can reproduce it and the other can't. Doesn't really sound like a switch issue, but if it was code, both of you would see it unless your settings were different.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

This happens on mine as well. You can increase the spring tension to make it fall easier.

This is a problem with the Stern drop targets in general. Gottlieb drops are still my favorite

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Perhaps it is a game setting?? Maybe that is why one of you can reproduce it and the other can't. Doesn't really sound like a switch issue, but if it was code, both of you would see it unless your settings were different.

Just looking through the game adjustments, there is something called "mission start difficulty". I'm not sure what it does, but you can set it to easy, medium, or hard. Perhaps there is a difference between your two machines in terms of how this is set.

#80 9 years ago

Upgraded to V1.61 on my Pro -- no problems at all.

#81 9 years ago

Not a bug. I reseated EVERY opto switch plug in my pro machine and it no longer does start missions when shooting the double lit shots. All is back to normal. Thanks those that tested, and also suggested optos.

Before doing this I could recreate this event every time.

#82 9 years ago

big issue on vengeance 2
bats go dead during one second and it's enough to loose the ball
it seems to happen just after the fourth shoot
I have never had this issue before the new code
very annoying cause you loose instead of getting the extra ball !

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from stephflipp:

big issue on vengeance 2

Does it do this every time?

#84 9 years ago

I tested it twice and it happened twice
if someone could test it and give us his report...

edit : well, tested again, it didn't happen
strange

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from stephflipp:

big issue on vengeance 2
very annoying cause you loose instead of getting the extra ball !

never happened on mine

#86 9 years ago

Start Kobayashi Maru during warp 9.9 multiball and there's no background music for the rest of the ball. At least for me this has happened twice, on both occasions I was able to stack these.

#87 9 years ago

tested again Vengeance 2
I have definitly sometimes (not every time) a weakness in the right flipper (but it happened three ou four times and never before 1.61 code)...like a micro power cut just after having touched the Vengeance kick back previously.
twice, I lost my ball because of it, boring

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from stephflipp:

I tested it twice and it happened twice
if someone could test it and give us his report...
edit : well, tested again, it didn't happen
strange

This will not be a software bug.

Quoted from marble:

Start Kobayashi Maru during warp 9.9 multiball and there's no background music for the rest of the ball. At least for me this has happened twice, on both occasions I was able to stack these.

Confirmed here. You get some sort of background ambience sound though not just silence. Luckily there are so many sounds in the game it doesn't feel too quiet.

#89 9 years ago

So far as I can tell, no glaring bugs on mine.

#90 9 years ago

I was playing KB1, timed out, had one shot left and tilted. The mode should have been over, but it restarted with 1 second left. This was on 1.6 (I haven't updated to 1.61 yet, but it doesn't look like this was addressed according to the read me).

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I was playing KB1, timed out, had one shot left and tilted. The mode should have been over, but it restarted with 1 second left. This was on 1.6 (I haven't updated to 1.61 yet, but it doesn't look like this was addressed according to the read me).

Setting the timer to 1 is a novel approach, although it does not account for other things happening in that 1 second like black hole being hit and adding time to the timer which I've had happen several times. There's also the possibility of of even starting Away Team in that 1 second. The 1 second actually seems more like 3 or 4 seconds too.

Rob

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from stephflipp:

tested again Vengeance 2
I have definitly sometimes (not every time) a weakness in the right flipper (but it happened three ou four times and never before 1.61 code)...like a micro power cut just after having touched the Vengeance kick back previously.
twice, I lost my ball because of it, boring

Although probably not related, it would be a good idea to check your EOS switches on the flippers.

Rob

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Setting the timer to 1 is a novel approach, although it does not account for other things happening in that 1 second like black hole being hit and adding time to the timer which I've had happen several times. There's also the possibility of of even starting Away Team in that 1 second. The 1 second actually seems more like 3 or 4 seconds too.
Rob

Are you saying this was intentional and not a bug?

#94 9 years ago

not much of a bug, but maybe not correct. Don't know if this is new:

played all Level 1 modes except nero. Had superramps and superpops going and finished. Finished pd, sJ and ste again and no superramps were awarded. Played KM and than DTD2. After finishing dtd2 superramps were awarded (with sound and dots)

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Are you saying this was intentional and not a bug?

When you get a gold medal on a tier 1 mission, the timer resets to 1. This is by default but can be changed in the game options.

Is that what you were asking about?

Rob

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

When you get a gold medal on a tier 1 mission, the timer resets to 1. This is by default but can be changed in the game options.
Is that what you were asking about?
Rob

I thought mine reset to 1 when I tilted and drained. I can't remember whether I had a gold medal or not. I just remember that the timer had run out so I was trying to get my final shot. The ball went wild (as usual), I nudged, tilted and drained. In the old code, the mission would have been considered complete. But the next ball started on the same mission with 1 second left.

#97 9 years ago

I noticed this today:

When I stacked klingon multiball with nero 2 Start. i made a bunch of shots, got a bunch of Klingon jackpot callouts. And eventually drained all the balls but one still left in play.
Once it went back to standard nero 2 it said I had 10 shots left on the DMD. then I made a lit nero shot it said 1. Then it went back to 10 on the next lit shot. I made another shot it went back to 1 then I shot the mission start lit shot and it ended nero2 saying it was complete.

Anyone else can confirm?

It clearly jumped from 10 to 1, back to 10 then 1. On the DMD

Also the 10 shots left is impossible as I hit a ton of shots during klingon multiball that were flashing red/purple. I actually thought I had finished nero during klingon MB.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I noticed this today:
When I stacked klingon multiball with nero 2 Start. i made a bunch of shots, got a bunch of Klingon jackpot callouts. And eventually drained all the balls but one still left in play.
Once it went back to standard nero 2 it said I had 10 shots left on the DMD. then I made a lit nero shot it said 1. Then it went back to 10 on the next lit shot. I made another shot it went back to 1 then I shot the mission start lit shot and it ended nero2 saying it was complete.
Anyone else can confirm?
It clearly jumped from 10 to 1, back to 10 then 1. On the DMD
Also the 10 shots left is impossible as I hit a ton of shots during klingon multiball that were flashing red/purple. I actually thought I had finished nero during klingon MB.

Nero 2 was not entirely fixed in the 1.6x updates. A timer setting was missed in the feature adjustments and that seems to at least affect the behaviour of the insert blinking. Perhaps there are other consequences.

Rob

#99 9 years ago

Hey guys, can someone with Pinball Browser expertise move the soundtrack music from this modded StarTrek Pro 1.5ROM located here -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzr9eqkc81za7ak/STKV1-5E.BIN?dl=0 to the new 1.61 rom for the Star Trek Pro

I miss having the soundtrack thunder out during gameplay.

Thanks!

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey guys, can someone with Pinball Browser expertise move the soundtrack music from this modded StarTrek Pro 1.5ROM located here -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzr9eqkc81za7ak/STKV1-5E.BIN?dl=0 to the new 1.61 rom for the Star Trek Pro
I miss having the soundtrack thunder out during gameplay.
Thanks!

I did this before installing the Rom. Looks like you should familiarize yourself with pinball browser as its not a difficult thing to do. It did seem that one sound request was inserted so mid way through all the audio tracks needed to be shifted up by one. Was easy to tell based on the length of the tracks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.