Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture.JPG
Chekov_ceti_eel.jpg
st.JPG
IMG_20150318_125907_852.jpg
971805_10151424896140509_902075429_n.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

So based on the changelog, seems 5 year mission does have dots. Do the extra lighting features on the le all work now?

#32 9 years ago

So with full dots on wizard and le lighting, I guess we could consider this one done?

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No, I think a few obvious bugs like missing callouts should be fixed. Plus it's going to take a while for players to flesh out the update and find any obscure bugs or scoring exploits. Stern does seem committed to having their games tournament ready.
Rob

I wouldn't consider a few missing callouts and minor bugs something that denotes unfinished. For me, finished means "not incomplete". Maybe unpolished is better. There are these types issues in finished games also from Williams. If all the modes are in and game features are working I think we have a finished game. Note that doesn't indicate that the game will not receive more updates. It just means it's no longer incomplete in my opinion.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

nope its not the ball trough as its doing the same thing on my pro machine as well. anyone else apart from myself and another user on here have this issue pop up?

It's irrelevant that it's happening on two machines. It's not a code bug. It's your trough or some other switches. Fix your games and try not to argue with people giving you the solutions. Geez.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

On my LE, the red LED strips on the side of the cabinet flow out and away from the ship during attract mode. But, during play, when I use the "punch it" button to fire a torpedo, they move toward the ship. It looks like I'm getting shot at instead of doing the shooting. This would be nice to fix in a polish update.
Great update though. Tons of fun!

The lights should move towards the ship when fire is pressed. not away from it. You are the player not the ship. And the ship is the vengeance not the enterprise.

#147 9 years ago

It seems like the vengeance 3 score was increased from 10% to 20% of your score in 1.61 - unless I had some 2x scoring going and didn't realize it. Anyone else notice?

1 week later
#163 9 years ago

As a Star Trek owner, I feel super happy with the code as it stands. Dwight came in and solved all the issues with the game. It's great now. The team probably had to fight hard for the time it took to get this done. And 1.61 from 1.60 came fast. I don't feel that they need to try to fix every super small bug - some of which probably aren't even bugs. Trying to get from 98% to 100% in code often can take as long as getting from 0-98% and the rewards just aren't worth it. The game feels plenty polished. I think it's time for the team to move onto the next project. If there's a new release someday, great but I wouldn't expect one or feel cheated if one never came.

#171 9 years ago

Or you could simply not adjust the Nero 2 timer, since you saiid the mode has no timer and not experience the flashing inserts. I certainly wouldn't waste coding cycles on that.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I found ALL of the points.
Once you get the double super jackpot from kligon mb. The rest of the playfield lights up for jackpot shots. However, once you make a shot, it almost immediately relights. With some ball control you could hold a ball cradled on the right while looping the alpha with your left flipper. Get some multipliers involved and this could add up big.
During the game once I realized what was going on, I tweaked out, made maybe 1 more shot and drained. Ended up getting about 125mil for the mb.

Sounds awesome and well deserved to me. Not like a bug. Getting a sjp in any mb can be tough. I'll try to see if I can work that strategy to my benefit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v16-code-bugs-and-observations?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.