Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture.JPG
Chekov_ceti_eel.jpg
st.JPG
IMG_20150318_125907_852.jpg
971805_10151424896140509_902075429_n.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 9 years ago

Found a pretty big bug. First played KB 1-2-3. On lv3, I entered a mb (forget which) and heard it say three in a row so I thought it was complete. After mb, it was still running kb3. Timing it out or playing another mb seemed to get rid of it but it keeps coming back during gameplay. It seems to be related to lv3 modes being continued on the next ball instead of starting over. I finished dtd1 and pd1 but kb3 was still active after finishing those modes. At somepoint I looked up and noticed it said there was 65534 shots left. Never had any issues like this in 1.5.

IMG_20150318_125907_852.jpgIMG_20150318_125907_852.jpg
#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Known bug. Dwight is already working on it!

Awesome. I hope they can do a patch to fix it. I not playing well today but had the same thing happen again. After finishing kb3, getting 3 in a row message, and starting another mode, kb3 is flashing with zero shots left. It appears to happen every time you play kb3. How can a bug like that not get caught?

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dwight was all set to work on his next project. When he read about our bugs (#3 being a MAJOR bug), he decided to work on v1.61 overnight

Big thanks to Dwight. Hopefully Stern will follow this pattern with more games. Big updates once in a while and quick bug fixes as needed.

3 weeks later
#182 9 years ago

Ball locks have not changed. You light the lock with the targets which lights the two lock inserts. The drop target drops and should catch the ball. The start mission/ball lock should also hold the ball for a bit. On both you should get notified of which ball lock it is on screen. KMB has a theatrical intro so hard to miss. Sometimes there is a lot of other things being displayed on screen but should hear the ball lock sound. Maybe there is a setting to make it harder to get KMB but pretty easy by default.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

My pro did this as well. (Its not a bug, and it is kinda)
If every opto is not 100% the game does wierd things with the new code.
Phantom mode starts are the most common.
Reseat every opto board plug in your game and you will notice it will go away.
(Worked on mine, i posted this earlier in the thread)
The game did not do this with 1.5. My guess is they possibly upped the sensitivity of the optos in the new code.
I may have to start hot glueing the plugs to the boards as after about 30 games I noticed it doing wierd things again
And sure enough some of the opto plugs had shifted a bit loose.
The most common ones are the trough optos. (These have always been an issue)
But I also noticed the boards for the vengence white plugs sort of tilted to one side.
Also my game has a shaker.
Anyone else.

My game doesn't do this. I did have some issues with the vengeance optos in 1.5 but the update fixed those. Once in a while, it will automatically register a hit the instant the ball is shot into the vengeance to start the vengeance scoring mode. I think my game might of started a mode or two when I first starting playing with the update. I've been playing it a lot and have not seen any issues.

The nero2 bug sounds pretty big. I don't play level 2 modes that often but I will try to play it this weekend and see if I can duplicate the bug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v16-code-bugs-and-observations?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.