Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture.JPG
Chekov_ceti_eel.jpg
st.JPG
IMG_20150318_125907_852.jpg
971805_10151424896140509_902075429_n.jpg
image.jpg
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Minor bug:
The Away Team shot needs some adjusting. Twice in the last game I hit AT with just a few seconds left in the mode. As the ball rolls under the flipper you get sounds and dots for AT, but as the ball hits the plunger it goes into mission change. DENIED!

No GAT for you! Come back in two weeks!

#102 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure I've seen the ball save light flash during certain light shows when ball save isn't / shouldn't be active. Anyone else?

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm pretty sure I've seen the ball save light flash during certain light shows when ball save isn't / shouldn't be active. Anyone else?

Yes I have seen this happen and also it seems like sometimes when I press the flippers the save light turns on. Anyone else?

#104 9 years ago

Can you still light extra ball with the Warp Ramp?

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from wnorwich89:

Can you still light extra ball with the Warp Ramp?

Yes, see above posts.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Minor bug:
The Away Team shot needs some adjusting. Twice in the last game I hit AT with just a few seconds left in the mode. As the ball rolls under the flipper you get sounds and dots for AT, but as the ball hits the plunger it goes into mission change. DENIED!

I think this happened in 1.5 as well. There seems to be so much happening in the game that it sometimes loses track of what it's supposed to do or just doesn't do it. The Vengeance shot not registering is a symptom of this I believe.

Rob

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Had there been enough space, they could have designed the kicker like WOZ's so the flap was never in the way

Actually when it was going to the warp ramp, I'm sure they wanted the ability to send it down low, too. And the moving flap would therefore be to avoid the dual kicking saucer patent.

Just my SWAG, though.

#108 9 years ago

Anyone notice if the kickback doesn't fire and it's lit it says something to the effect of "rescue ___" indicating that it will give you the ball back since the kickback didn't fire, but the ball just drains and ends? Not sure if that's a faulty kickback or what. The machine I played does fire some of the time but not all the time...

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

dual kicking saucer patent

Is that still in effect? Seems like we're hitting the point where those patents might start expiring, no?

#110 9 years ago

BONUS FEATURE:

Getting 2x scoring (warp 9.1) just before Kobashi - when you collect for your medals, it's doubled as well.

#111 9 years ago

Had a problem last night playing DTD1, finished the mode by starting vengance and only the right 1/3rd of the display updated. Don't know if that's repeatable, didn't happen again (cause it was a lucky shot and normally I'd start another mode before Vengance...)

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to but in certain lightshows when all inserts are lit in a fast sweeping pattern (or something similar) the shoot again light is also lit. I noticed this in 1.5 as well and I think it's working as intended even though it can be a bit confusing.

#113 9 years ago

On my LE, the red LED strips on the side of the cabinet flow out and away from the ship during attract mode. But, during play, when I use the "punch it" button to fire a torpedo, they move toward the ship. It looks like I'm getting shot at instead of doing the shooting. This would be nice to fix in a polish update.

Great update though. Tons of fun!

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

On my LE, the red LED strips on the side of the cabinet flow out and away from the ship during attract mode. But, during play, when I use the "punch it" button to fire a torpedo, they move toward the ship. It looks like I'm getting shot at instead of doing the shooting. This would be nice to fix in a polish update.

Sounds like yours are backwards, likely a wire is flipped.

Also during Klingon Ball lock when you lock the ball behind the drop target, the leds should chase away from you (following the inserts).

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

nope its not the ball trough as its doing the same thing on my pro machine as well. anyone else apart from myself and another user on here have this issue pop up?

I wonder if Stern modified the polling of the optos to fix issues with the Vengeance drop target missing (making the optos more 'sensitive'). This would make any noise that existed before the update that was ignored now register the switch. This would explain why many machines see it right after the update but not the majority experience it.

Vibration test of the switch should show if this is the case or not.

--Kevin

#116 9 years ago

This still has the auto-launch bug, where if you're holding down the left flipper and then press the right one, the auto-launch fires. This usually happens at the start of a mission but I haven't pinpointed the exact details of how to active it, but I know others have mentioned it. I'll update this if I can find the sequence.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

This still has the auto-launch bug, where if you're holding down the left flipper and then press the right one, the auto-launch fires. This usually happens at the start of a mission but I haven't pinpointed the exact details of how to active it, but I know others have mentioned it. I'll update this if I can find the sequence.

There's an option in the menu for 'flipper launch'. It is on by default, and will launch a ball when both flippers are pressed at the same time. It can be disabled in the menu.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

There's an option in the menu for 'flipper launch'. It is on by default

This is the bug; flipper launch should never be defaulted on.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This is the bug; flipper launch should never be defaulted on.

Stern decides what is on by default.

It is not a bug.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

It is not a bug.

It's unnecessary unless the launch button AND the plunger are both broken, and it screws up mission select for players who are unaware it's on. Enabling a hardware-failure compensation setting by default is a bug IMHO, and should be reverted if they release any more updates.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's unnecessary unless the launch button AND the plunger are both broken, and it screws up mission select for players who are unaware it's on. Enabling a hardware-failure compensation setting by default is a bug IMHO, and should be reverted if they release any more updates.

Not saying it's the right call, only that it's Stern's call.

I turned it off myself.

#122 9 years ago

Fyi: if you guys are having issues with your drop target firing multiple hits; do the stern bulletin fix to drop targets. It's adding a washer under each screw. There's a bunch of threads on it if you search the start trek discussion topics. Sorry got no links at this time, posting at work on my phone.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fyi: if you guys are having issues with your drop target firing multiple hits; do the stern bulletin fix to drop targets. It's adding a washer under each screw. There's a bunch of threads on it if you search the start trek discussion topics. Sorry got no links at this time, posting at work on my phone.

Just to add to this. Use thin washers. The first washers I used would keep the target in the up position occasionally. Switched them for some even thinner nylon washers I found at Home Depot and haven't had an issue since.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I mean, I turned it off myself. But it's a setting you can toggle, I don't think it's really that big a deal.

I do agree, off by default works for me. But as long as I can change it myself I'm not overly stressing.

#125 9 years ago

It is not a bug.

Chekov_ceti_eel.jpgChekov_ceti_eel.jpg

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from stephflipp:

Hello,
LE red lights on both sides are not coded ? I tried torpedos and it doesn't work
I thougt it was active now like apron lights...

My LE laser chase lights only work in attract mode. Started Klingon multiball several times and lasers never light at all? Looks like we are the only 2 LE owners to notice this problem. This needs to be put back in LE code. On page 1 of this thread someone also noticed that insert chase light effect during ball launch was removed on 1.6. I noticed this also on my game. Why are cool lighting effects being removed from this version - mistake I hope? Stern please put these effects back in 1.6

#127 9 years ago

Guys bug fix update is on sterns website! he added a new feature for the LE/Prem guys

V1.61 – 03 / 19 / 2015
======================
1. Fix - Warp ramp exit was playing sounds in test, game over, et cetera.
2. Fix - Game Audit #39, KLINGON M.B. DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOTS, was too long to fit on the screen.
3. Fix - When level III missions timed out and then restarted their resume data was not getting cleared. You could create a situation where the mission would start on the next ball with 0 shots left.
4. Added - Background apron lamps during double scoring.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Guys bug fix update is on sterns website! he added a new feature for the LE/Prem guys
V1.61 – 03 / 19 / 2015
======================
1. Fix - Warp ramp exit was playing sounds in test, game over, et cetera.
2. Fix - Game Audit #39, KLINGON M.B. DOUBLE SUPER JACKPOTS, was too long to fit on the screen.
3. Fix - When level III missions timed out and then restarted their resume data was not getting cleared. You could create a situation where the mission would start on the next ball with 0 shots left.
4. Added - Background apron lamps during double scoring.

That was fast!

New days at Stern?

#129 9 years ago

That was fast!
New days at Stern?

Dwight was all set to work on his next project. When he read about our bugs (#3 being a MAJOR bug), he decided to work on v1.61 overnight

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dwight was all set to work on his next project. When he read about our bugs (#3 being a MAJOR bug), he decided to work on v1.61 overnight

Cool. Hopefully he knocks out a couple more bug-fix releases in the next week or two.

Should be solid by then, and he can move on to his next project.

Also nice that Stern is giving him some freedom in deciding to release incremental updates.

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Big thanks to Dwight. Hopefully Stern will follow this pattern with more games. Big updates once in a while and quick bug fixes as needed.

#132 9 years ago

To clarify. On my LE. During attract mode, and when I lock a ball under the Vengeance for KMB, the red LEDs on the sides of the cabinet move from the player to the Vengeance. But, when I "punch it" and launch a torpedo, which scores a hit on the Vengeance, the lights move in the opposite direction. From the Vengeance to the player. So, I don't think it's wiring. They are working in both directions. Not a big deal, just wanted to see if others are having the same issue. It might be intentional even.

Live Long and Prosper.

#133 9 years ago

Webpage says 1.6.1 for Read Me, 1.6 for code.

Download seems to be 1.6.1.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#134 9 years ago

To clarify. On my LE. During attract mode, and when I lock a ball under the Vengeance for KMB, the red LEDs on the sides of the cabinet move from the player to the Vengeance. But, when I "punch it" and launch a torpedo, which scores a hit on the Vengeance, the lights move in the opposite direction. From the Vengeance to the player. So, I don't think it's wiring. They are working in both directions. Not a big deal, just wanted to see if others are having the same issue. It might be intentional even.
Live Long and Prosper.

From Dwight:

The cabinet lamps shoot back at the player after using a photon torpedo. We discussed this and it was explained that the light show is the explosion that is happening at and from the Vengeance. Lights peel away from the vengeance

Personally:
I like the effect - I don't notice the lights during gameplay but a glimpse at them in my peripherals when they shoot back like described. I'll have to pay more attention to notice the overall effect.

#135 9 years ago

Webpage says 1.6.1 for Read Me, 1.6 for code.
Download seems to be 1.6.1.

Capture.JPG

Im installing at the Moment. Says 1.61

#136 9 years ago

That's cool. Thanks for getting back to me. I thought it might be intentional. I can dig the effect they were going for.

#137 9 years ago

That's cool. Thanks for getting back to me. I thought it might be intentional. I can dig the effect they were going for.

When you hit the flippers in multiball do your lasers(side cab.) fire at the Vengeance? I had multiball last night on my LE with 1.6 and lasers never did anything?

#138 9 years ago

Anyone notice the extra ball lighting effect is different? I'm not sure why they changed it to the way it is now because I thought it was perfect before. Now it's kinda weird.

Rob

#139 9 years ago

The lights should move towards the ship when fire is pressed. not away from it. You are the player not the ship. And the ship is the vengeance not the enterprise.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is that still in effect? Seems like we're hitting the point where those patents might start expiring, no?

At the time the game came out it most certainly was in effect. But you are right otherwise.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Totally agree. I actually never noticed this before 1.6 and would have said it probably didn't matter then, because the quick info screens said basically nothing. Now that they give useful information, I sometimes check them at the start of the ball to strategize. I was pretty shocked when the ball fired without letting me pick the mission I want. My worst fear is I'd play in a tournament and the operator hasn't set this then I've screwed my game up a bit. I think this should be off by default now to avoid nasty surprises in cases like this.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

I had an issue when entering Kobi Multiball. I think I had just finished a vengeance mode (not sure), but it seemed that Kobi started as well as KB3. At least the KB3 animations were playing on the DMD along with the Kobi playfield shot lights. The light show was also different... kind of like things were going strange... Almost all of the playfield lights turned off. I wasn't sure if it was a mistake as it was pretty cool and almost seemed like it was supposed to happen. The reason I think it's a bug is because of the KB3 animations and the different light show.
Is the light show for Kobi Multiball always the same in 1.6 and the same as it was in 1.5? Or, is it new and changing?

I think there is a legitimate but mostly cosmetic bug here. I know I can 100% reproduce an issue where at the start of KM multiball if you flip to skip past the medal presentation (sometimes unavoidable if you have 2 balls from warp 9.9), this will happen:

- Like you say, the KM lighting for the first 10 seconds is mental, going from totally out to bright flashing streaks. I haven't verified this, but I'm pretty sure what is happening here is the awards presentation / KM lightshow is not aborting, it continues to play on while you play your MB. Slightly cool but a bit annoying when you are trying to see shots for big KM points.

- The music is dead from this point on, until your ball drains. Even if you start another mission the music for it does not come back. Instead you are treated to a pretty cool but quiet spacey ambiance track. Something that is probably always playing but you never consciously even notice because the music is probably drowning out. Hard to almost say it might not be a feature, but I think it is probably a bug.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Bif:

I think there is a legitimate but mostly cosmetic bug here. I know I can 100% reproduce an issue where at the start of KM multiball if you flip to skip past the medal presentation (sometimes unavoidable if you have 2 balls from warp 9.9), this will happen:
- Like you say, the KM lighting for the first 10 seconds is mental, going from totally out to bright flashing streaks. I haven't verified this, but I'm pretty sure what is happening here is the awards presentation / KM lightshow is not aborting, it continues to play on while you play your MB. Slightly cool but a bit annoying when you are trying to see shots for big KM points.
- The music is dead from this point on, until your ball drains. Even if you start another mission the music for it does not come back. Instead you are treated to a pretty cool but quiet spacey ambiance track. Something that is probably always playing but you never consciously even notice because the music is probably drowning out. Hard to almost say it might not be a feature, but I think it is probably a bug.

Update to 1.61

#144 9 years ago

I sure hope they keep the small updates coming.
We don't need every update to be mind blowing. This 1.61 is a great example. Fix what needs to be fixed and add a bonus surprise or two.
I would much rather download these then wait months on end for them.
Way to go Stern.

#145 9 years ago

I've had about a dozen games on it. Just had one where I collected all medals before starting KM right after starting double scoring - gives a nice 130M gift to start KM, which seemed to yield another 150M or something. Players who play the game the way it was meant to play are seriously rewarded now. This is a great code update, much appreciated. Can't wait to see this code played in tournaments.

My one observation is in regards to skill shot scoring balance. I used to love doing the short plunge -> warp ramp for 500K+, then hold the left flipper the next time the ball auto-launches to get the second part of the skill shot for 1M+. I believe someone said Steve wanted real skill shots in this game, and these are great. I think a release even got rid of the select the top lane gives you 250K from an earlier release because it had become so lame and cliche.

The issue now is the game gives out WAY bigger bonuses due to medal collection, etc. I absolutely love this feature in itself, there should always be a big risk/reward for nudging and tilting out. But now with a non-multiplied bonus often reaching several million in a decent game (especially in later balls), I'm finding myself just skill shooting the unlit lanes to work toward advancing the bonus multiplier. In the long run I think this is probably going to yield more points and be safer.

I think the skill shot rewards should be jacked up to compensate for this so that I feel the need to risk taking them again. I would suggest in addition to points adding a bonus multiplier for the warp ramp skill shot, and maybe 2x bonus multiplier for the left flipper held launch. Then if you pull them both off within a ball you are at 3x. Or maybe just 1x each for 2x possible total. Something like that.

#146 9 years ago

Just downloaded 1.61.
When the ball is in the scoop, if you press and hold the left button (maybe right as well but don't know) and then press Punch It the auto-launch will fire. I believe this can only occur once per ball. It's very similar to the both flipper auto-launch, although I disabled that option in the settings.

#147 9 years ago

It seems like the vengeance 3 score was increased from 10% to 20% of your score in 1.61 - unless I had some 2x scoring going and didn't realize it. Anyone else notice?

#148 9 years ago

Combo-ing the kill shot will likely give 20%

#149 9 years ago

Are super ramps active in 1.6? I got super ramps and then played KB1. The ramp shots seemed to be awarding the normal amounts, and I didn't see any mention of super ramps. Perhaps I was getting the points anyway? Let me know what you guys think.

(Sorry if this was already mentioned. Did a word search in this topic and didn't see it.)

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

When you hit the flippers in multiball do your lasers(side cab.) fire at the Vengeance? I had multiball last night on my LE with 1.6 and lasers never did anything?

I checked my LE and 2 connectors were unplugged in the back of my cabinet (because of playfield removals i think)
It's working now with torpedos
Don't like the fact that lights move from the ship even if i understand what Dwight said about it
But very happy to see LE features coded !
I want to try red leds for the asteroids, could be awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v16-code-bugs-and-observations/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.