Topic Stats

• 190 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture.JPG
Chekov_ceti_eel.jpg
st.JPG
IMG_20150318_125907_852.jpg
971805_10151424896140509_902075429_n.jpg
image.jpg

There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago

Lighting is definitely a big change, also love the apron color matching the missions.. I must say, they did a great job, as it felt like getting a new even more awesome machine!

#52 4 years ago

Have they done anything with the VUK/kickout on the LE??

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Have they done anything with the VUK/kickout on the LE??

No and I hope they don't. I'd hate it if it shot out the way it came in. Give me flow, give me the slinger

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Have they done anything with the VUK/kickout on the LE?

No. ...and it's my only disappointment with the new code. How hard would it have been to program the kickout to just kick the ball out without rotating the deflector if the shot is not lit, while keeping the existing behavior if the shot is lit. Seems like a waste of a mechanism if it's going to do the same thing every time.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

No. ...and it's my only disappointment with the new code. How hard would it have been to program the kickout to just kick the ball out without rotating the deflector if the shot is not lit, while keeping the existing behavior if the shot is lit. Seems like a waste of a mechanism if it's going to do the same thing every time.

Agreed. A little variety there would have been nice.

I wonder what the game would have played like with the original catapult to the Warp Ramp?

#56 4 years ago

Does anybody know, why they changed level 3 modes so that progress is saved? I really liked the challenge to shoot all shots in a certain time. Now it feels like having 12 level 2 modes...

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from sto:

Does anybody know, why they changed level 3 modes so that progress is saved? I really liked the challenge to shoot all shots in a certain time. Now it feels like having 12 level 2 modes...

I'm guessing so those aren't road blocks to getting 5 year mission. However, I would presume (and I've not tested this) that if you can complete it in one pass, you'd get a gold or have a chance at gold depending on the combos, whereas you'd get lesser or no medals for multiple attempts. This keeps an incentive for doing better while not forcing you to, say, play PD3 six times in a row until you finish it.

Another reason might be to limit the points you can get.

#58 4 years ago

just one thing that I find unusual.
When doing warp 9.9 with 2 balls and the mission is launched pinball chosen alone and it is detrimental to the strategy. I wanted to stack ramps super super spinner and pinball did not choose the right choice when I was 4 made missions.

otherwise it is too good this pinball

971805_10151424896140509_902075429_n.jpg
#59 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

This happened to me also with the old version. I checked my ball through and figured out that one of the two cables that are going to the optos was loose. I put it back in and since then it works.

This happens so frequently with Stern games from the last 5-10 years that I've started soldering the wires directly to the boards on the ball trough boards to eliminate the loose connector issue (flippers stopping and ball draining). You can pull the connector off and put it back on but it will probably act up again in a couple of months.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Agreed. A little variety there would have been nice.
I wonder what the game would have played like with the original catapult to the Warp Ramp?

Noooooo please say no. Why would you want klunkiness in your ST!?! Fastest flowiest game ever, no klunk please

As for the catapult; I honestly think it would slow down the game a lot. There's 2 gates at the pops to divert the ball to the warp depending on mode. Plus there's the left loop and away team shot to get the ball to the warp. At first I was bummed to hear about the catapult removal, now I would consider a pro if they added it in. Game is fast and smooth, let's keep it that way

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

My Star Trek pro also drops flippers mid way through a game. We played 10 games tonight and 2 games dropped the power on the flippers. I think I was on Space jump 2 and just after multi ball finished the 1 ball on the playfield was still going around when all of a sudden all the flippers stopped. The ball eventually rolled down and went into the trough and registered. I believe this is a bug as im the second person to report this issue. I know its not a switch issue or the ball trough and im certain 100% its a bug being a tech in the arcade industry. I know another member on here has also reported the dead flipper during game issue.

Why do you think this is not a switch issue since this is classic ball trough switch problem. I had the same problem on MET and it was bad solder on the ball trough optos - the opto legs were cut too short and did not go through the board. It's the vibration during gameplay that makes them go intermittent.

Rob

#62 4 years ago

Hello,

LE red lights on both sides are not coded ? I tried torpedos and it doesn't work
I thougt it was active now like apron lights...

#63 4 years ago

Found a pretty big bug. First played KB 1-2-3. On lv3, I entered a mb (forget which) and heard it say three in a row so I thought it was complete. After mb, it was still running kb3. Timing it out or playing another mb seemed to get rid of it but it keeps coming back during gameplay. It seems to be related to lv3 modes being continued on the next ball instead of starting over. I finished dtd1 and pd1 but kb3 was still active after finishing those modes. At somepoint I looked up and noticed it said there was 65534 shots left. Never had any issues like this in 1.5.

IMG_20150318_125907_852.jpg
#64 4 years ago

I noticed a minor bug on an LE video I was watching. The apron lights go rainbow for 2x scoring, but if you start a new mission during 2x scoring the rainbow effect stops and they switch to the mission color.

I've got a lowly pro though so it doesn't affect me anyhow

Rob

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Found a pretty big bug. First played KB 1-2-3. On lv3, I entered a mb (forget which) and heard it say three in a row so I thought it was complete. After mb, it was still running kb3. Timing it out or playing another mb seemed to get rid of it but it keeps coming back during gameplay. It seems to be related to lv3 modes being continued on the next ball instead of starting over. I finished dtd1 and pd1 but kb3 was still active after finishing those modes. At somepoint I looked up and noticed it said there was 65534 shots left. Never had any issues like this in 1.5.

IMG_20150318_125907_852.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

So you're saying they upped the difficulty on KB3 eh? You better call in sick for the next week as you will need a lot of time to finish it.

Rob

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

At somepoint I looked up and noticed it said there was 65534 shots left.

And 6 seconds to complete!

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

wanted to post the same thing...this is a major bug. Finished KB3 (Doubler aramp was lit) than played SJ and dtd...no Problem. Started STE - lost the ball and the next ball startet with KB3 and 0 shots left The vengeance-target was lit flashing red and blue. I shot it and than the counter went up to 6xxxx shots left. This happened on two games in a row...

st.JPG
#68 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I wouldn't consider a few missing callouts and minor bugs something that denotes unfinished. For me, finished means "not incomplete". Maybe unpolished is better. There are these types issues in finished games also from Williams. If all the modes are in and game features are working I think we have a finished game. Note that doesn't indicate that the game will not receive more updates. It just means it's no longer incomplete in my opinion.

I would consider the KB3 bug to be considerable though.

Rob

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

And 6 seconds to complete!

Oh good catch, I didn't notice that. Now there's a challenge!

But, if missions don't restart on tier 3 then what is the sense of having a timer in it now ? You just keep restarting it until you are done. It greatly reduces the difficulty of said missions. I don't know if that's good or bad... Maybe the missions need more shots, like 15?

Rob

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Known bug. Dwight is already working on it!

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from sto:

wanted to post the same thing...this is a major bug. Finished KB3 (Doubler aramp was lit) than played SJ and dtd...no Problem. Started STE - lost the ball and the next ball startet with KB3 and 0 shots left The vengeance-target was lit flashing red and blue. I shot it and than the counter went up to 6xxxx shots left. This happened on two games in a row...

st.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

See above post. Dwight is on the case! It happens with PD3 too. He will get it sorted out.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I noticed a minor bug on an LE video I was watching. The apron lights go rainbow for 2x scoring, but if you start a new mission during 2x scoring the rainbow effect stops and they switch to the mission color.
I've got a lowly pro though so it doesn't affect me anyhow
Rob

Not a bug. When double scoring is triggered the apron lights flicker like this for 3 seconds then return to normal - I do agree they should flicker like this for double scorings entirety.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Noooooo please say no. Why would you want klunkiness in your ST!?! Fastest flowiest game ever, no klunk please
As for the catapult; I honestly think it would slow down the game a lot. There's 2 gates at the pops to divert the ball to the warp depending on mode. Plus there's the left loop and away team shot to get the ball to the warp. At first I was bummed to hear about the catapult removal, now I would consider a pro if they added it in. Game is fast and smooth, let's keep it that way

That wouldn't affect flow.

#74 4 years ago

shooting the ball out of the vuk like the pro? yea it would. The pro machines ive played the ball does not return as nicely or smooth as it does with the vuk slinger; nor does it return to the flipper 100% of the time.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Rocky-Apollo:

just one thing that I find unusual.
When doing warp 9.9 with 2 balls and the mission is launched pinball chosen alone and it is detrimental to the strategy. I wanted to stack ramps super super spinner and pinball did not choose the right choice when I was 4 made missions.
otherwise it is too good this pinball

971805_10151424896140509_902075429_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yes the whole reward for 9.9 is pretty weak and just encourages a strategy of avoiding the warp ramp at certain times. How about Super Ramp multiball which can also be brought into an existing multiball. Add some strategy rather than subtracting it!

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yes the whole reward for 9.9 is pretty weak and just encourages a strategy of avoiding the warp ramp at certain times. How about Super Ramp multiball which can also be brought into an existing multiball. Add some strategy rather than subtracting it!

That would be pretty bad ass.

I use warp 9.9 for double scoring moreso than 2-balls. There's little to no ball saver timer on it so if you do hit 9.9 on accident or prematurely; you can just take the double scoring, drain a ball, then start + select your own mission.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Known bug. Dwight is already working on it!

Awesome. I hope they can do a patch to fix it. I not playing well today but had the same thing happen again. After finishing kb3, getting 3 in a row message, and starting another mode, kb3 is flashing with zero shots left. It appears to happen every time you play kb3. How can a bug like that not get caught?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Awesome. I hope they can do a patch to fix it. I not playing well today but had the same thing happen again. After finishing kb3, getting 3 in a row message, and starting another mode, kb3 is flashing with zero shots left. It appears to happen every time you play kb3. How can a bug like that not get caught?

the more people testing the better
that is why we post feedback in this thread and hopefully stuff gets fixed

Rob

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

shooting the ball out of the vuk like the pro? yea it would. The pro machines ive played the ball does not return as nicely or smooth as it does with the vuk slinger; nor does it return to the flipper 100% of the time.

Not as smooth....but slightly faster maybe?

I've never played a Pro, so I'll defer to you.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

nope its not the ball trough as its doing the same thing on my pro machine as well. anyone else apart from myself and another user on here have this issue pop up?

It's irrelevant that it's happening on two machines. It's not a code bug. It's your trough or some other switches. Fix your games and try not to argue with people giving you the solutions. Geez.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

And this is why I'd like to see it - but only if the shot is NOT lit for anything. If it's a lit shot you are rewarded with a nice smooth return to the inlane like we have now (with cool light show). But if it's not lit, the ball is spit out quickly like the pro. Why have the diverter rotate at all if it's ALWAYS going back to the ramp?

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

And this is why I'd like to see it - but only if the shot is NOT lit for anything. If it's a lit shot you are rewarded with a nice smooth return to the inlane like we have now (with cool light show). But if it's not lit, the ball is spit out quickly like the pro. Why have the diverter rotate at all if it's ALWAYS going back to the ramp?

The diverter has to get out of the way so the VUK can kick the ball up. Had there been enough space, they could have designed the kicker like WOZ's so the flap was never in the way, but the tight space means the flap HAS to rotate out of the way for any VUK kick to the ramp. They could still implement a soft kick back to the playfield for an unlit shot if they wanted.

#83 4 years ago

I only had 1.5 for 5 days on my pin, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember the victory laps restarting the multi-ball mode. It was more like you had whatever balls you had to shoot with until your drained down to one.

Under 1.6, it seems to re-start the multi-ball mode...with grace period an everything.

Is this by design?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Fwiw; I just found out that they did experiment with this and concluded it was best that the LE not do this.

#85 4 years ago

When hitting warp 3 there is no more option to shoot for an extra ball... Or is it just me ?

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fwiw; I just found out that they did experiment with this and concluded it was best that the LE not do this.

Or the Premium.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

When hitting warp 3 there is no more option to shoot for an extra ball... Or is it just me ?

I noticed that too.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

I think factory is Warp 7. And it should be adjustable.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Change your settings. By default it's on Auto, so it adjusts to your play. If you want it always on Warp 3 you can set that instead.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

default in 1.5 was warp 3

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

I didn't change this under 1.5, and it was after Warp 3.

Edit...just saw Aurich's reply.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

default in 1.5 was warp 3

Obviously default in 1.6 is 7.

#93 4 years ago

And like Aurich stated it adjusts to your play, auto starts on Warp 7.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ok, I can live with that - thanks guys. Overall, I'm in love with this game.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

And like Aurich stated it adjusts to your play, auto starts on Warp 7.

Then it must have lowered itself to 3 because some of us suck!

LOL!

#96 4 years ago

Start the Vengeance 3. and Kobayashi Maru.....the Vengeance-Music will continue to play.

#97 4 years ago

LOL!

I have a 4 year old whose favorite game is ST. Mine will be back on 3 in no time.

#98 4 years ago

My VUK on my LE spat the ball out like the pro today I went for the warp skill shot it missed the upper flipper then it rolled down to lower right flipper then I hit the saucer and then it pushed it out like the pro interesting.

#99 4 years ago

LOL!

In the famous words of the man himself, "PLAY BETTER! "

#100 4 years ago

Minor bug:

The Away Team shot needs some adjusting. Twice in the last game I hit AT with just a few seconds left in the mode. As the ball rolls under the flipper you get sounds and dots for AT, but as the ball hits the plunger it goes into mission change. DENIED!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 190 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside