You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1382990_10151941616579244_1147891234_n.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Image-1983.png
6363_SPins_1123f.jpg
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Posted on their Facebook page a few minutes ago...

http://www.sternpinball.com/USB_STPB.html

#2 10 years ago

Hooray!

No readme file however.. will have to play to see all the changes

#3 10 years ago

Does this mean we can start buying Stern machines again?

#4 10 years ago

Where is the Met code?

#5 10 years ago

Funny how MET is still stuck on 1.22

Well, not 'ha-ha' funny.

#6 10 years ago

HOORAY!!!!!!

and whatever.

Metallica and X-men Owner

#7 10 years ago

I think they only have one programmer so it might be awhile until they get back to older games. I wouldn't doubt that they're working on the next game's code already...

#8 10 years ago

I can only hope that STLE is shipping with this version. I had a feeling a code update was due in lieu of the papa tv st event this coming Saturday.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I had a feeling a code update was due in lieu of the papa tv st event this coming Saturday.

My thoughts as well.

#10 10 years ago

I thought that as well!

#11 10 years ago

Hey, I feel for you Metallica owners... I hope you get code soon as well. Star Trek needed the update more than Met, however. Its scoring was seriously broken to the point of not being fun to play. Not quite Xmen bad but it had issues.. definitely alpha code there. Expo had 1.25 I believe and it was MUCH better. So looking forward to trying 1.3 as soon as work is over!

#12 10 years ago

The best part of the Facebook update is that they deleted 4 or so comments that said:

Xmen?
Metallica?
Awesome what's up with Metallica?
Etc etc etc

Sigh.

#13 10 years ago

One day too late for Star Trek launch party.

#14 10 years ago

Also I'm thinking that lack of a readme file Is "hopefully" to surprise us with laser projector code being installed and ready to use. That would be icing on the cake after unboxing!!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

One day too late for Star Trek launch party.

Yep....brutal owies here.

#16 10 years ago

I guess there's still hope!

Robert

#17 10 years ago

No readme file is pretty weak sauce.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Does this mean we can start buying Stern machines again?

No.

#20 10 years ago

This is version 1.30 for the PRO owners. No code yet for the LE on Sterns site... hopefully the LEs getting produced now have a working starfield projector ....

Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Also I'm thinking that lack of a readme file Is "hopefully" to surprise us with laser projector code being installed and ready to use. That would be icing on the cake after unboxing!!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Brlee2003:

I think they only have one programmer so it might be awhile until they get back to older games. I wouldn't doubt that they're working on the next game's code already...

They actually have 6. Lyman, Lonnie, Waison, Mike, Tanio and a new guy.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

First time I've heard about a new guy other than Tanio. Any idea who he is? When was he hired?

#23 10 years ago

Mike started the Monday after Expo. George Gomez ran into him at HQ or Emporium, talked pinball, asked him what his favorite game was. He said, 'it's one that no one likes... Johnny Mnemonic' - George says "i did that game" - kid realizes that GG is THE GG and freaks out - gets job at Stern...6363_SPins_1123f.jpg6363_SPins_1123f.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Thanks for that awesome story.

#25 10 years ago

Just ran it through the Pinball Browser. I noticed lots of new animations, but mostly extensions of existing scenes/modes. Looks good, I like how they are fleshing this out. There are some new match animations now.....Carol Marcus isn't the only one.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Mike started the Monday after Expo. George Gomez ran into him at HQ or Emporium, talked pinball, asked him what his favorite game was. He said, 'it's one that no one likes... Johnny Mnemonic' - George says "i did that game" - kid realizes that GG is THE GG and freaks out - gets job at Stern...

6363_SPins_1123f.jpg 103 KB

Wow, that's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Any idea what his background is?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Wow, that's an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Any idea what his background is?

CS at UofMich

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Just ran it through the Pinball Browser. I noticed lots of new animations, but mostly extensions of existing scenes/modes. Looks good, I like how they are fleshing this out. There are some new match animations now.....Carol Marcus isn't the only one.

Good to hear on the new match animations. I don't mind that being one of them, but to have that particular match animation as the only one was pretty dumb...especially for people that have not seen the movie. It should have also have Mission Multiball being replaced with Kabayashi Maru multiball.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Good to hear on the new match animations. I don't mind that being one of them, but to have that particular match animation as the only one was pretty dumb...especially for people that have not seen the movie. It should have also have Mission Multiball being replaced with Kabayashi Maru multiball.

1.25 at Expo had mission MB replaced with Kobyashi Maru. I would assume it's made its way into 1.30

I still don't get why that match animation catches so much flack. I think its a hilarious jab at the uselessness of the scene in the movie.

#30 10 years ago

No one likes JM? Johnny is awesome....everyone that plays my JM asks me to let them know if I ever decide to sell.

#31 10 years ago

I still don't get why that match animation catches so much flack. I think its a hilarious jab at the uselessness of the scene in the movie.

I think it's terrible. For the record I'm 100% fine with GNR's match animation, you want to flash some breasts I'm not mad at you when it fits. But it seemed wildly inappropriate for the theme. I was kind of embarrassed to see it show up the first time when I was showing coworkers the machine.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's terrible. For the record I'm 100% fine with GNR's match animation, you want to flash some breasts I'm not mad at you when it fits. But it seemed wildly inappropriate for the theme. I was kind of embarrassed to see it show up the first time when I was showing coworkers the machine.

Yeah the group I first played it with about 7 pinheads all agreed it was pretty lame and random. If it had an LCD and those weren't dots I may feel differently.

#33 10 years ago

So for those who have played 1.3, does it feel like much of the game is there now?

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think that may bode well for the future, Gary actually hearing some criticism and reacting to it by beefing up that staff.

Additionally, it may mean that some of the recent games that need a little polish may get it.

Wen I hired kids out of college, I didn't give them something new to do for awhile, I gave them something that was already started, so they could learn by "following the dots left by others" so to speak.

But, we'll just have to wait and see.

Robert

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So for those who have played 1.3, does it feel like much of the game is there now?

At work so can't look at 1.3 yet, but 1.25 or whatever at Expo was hugely improved. Warp shots build towards add a ball and awards, KM multiball much better than generic mission MB, and best of all, good mission performance is required to score well in post-mission modes. I doubt it's done but it should be a fully playable game now.

#36 10 years ago

Yesterday I had about three USB stick today I can find even one grrrr...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yeah the group I first played it with about 7 pinheads all agreed it was pretty lame and random. If it had an LCD and those weren't dots I may feel differently.

I dunno. I thought that was the cleverness of it all - it was such a big deal when the film came out so poke fun at it. The fact that it is a cartoon is what makes me laugh. If it were the real scene I'd dislike it intensely (pinball wise )

Quoted from Aurich:

But it's in the movie... so how does it not fit? Especially in such a tongue in cheek application? Yes it was inappropriate - in the movie - so make fun of it in the pinball machine. It's not like it's even remotely sexy or revealing - to me it's a stab at how dumb it was in the movie and I laugh every time. And hey, most of my firends hate it too so I know I'm the minority here. I just don't get the 'over-sensistivity' from my perspective on this one.

If this upsets your co-workers I'd hate to hear about seeing the ACTUAL movie scene

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's wildly inappropriate about sexy women and Star Trek? You have...I assume...watched some of Trek?

#39 10 years ago

I dunno. I thought that was the cleverness of it all - it was such a big deal when the film came out so poke fun at it. The fact that it is a cartoon is what makes me laugh. If it were the real scene I'd dislike it intensely (pinball wise )

But it's in the movie... so how does it not fit? Especially in such a tongue in cheek application? Yes it was inappropriate - in the movie - so make fun of it in the pinball machine. It's not like it's even remotely sexy or revealing - to me it's a stab at how dumb it was in the movie and I laugh every time. And hey, most of my firends hate it too so I know I'm the minority here. I just don't get the 'over-sensistivity' from my perspective on this one.
If this upsets your co-workers I'd hate to hear about seeing the ACTUAL movie scene

It wasn't inappropriate in the movie....Kirk is a Horndog. It made perfect sense to me.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It wasn't inappropriate in the movie....Kirk is a Horndog. It made perfect sense to me.

It's funny....because one of the new Match scenes is Kirk with his two cat women.....and winking back a the player.

Wildly inappropriate!

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Wildly inappropriate!

Kidding right? Thats awesome !

#42 10 years ago

Image-1983.pngImage-1983.png
#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

It's funny....because one of the new Match scenes is Kirk with his two cat women.....and winking back a the player.
Wildly inappropriate!

I don't think anything is as bad as GnR but I could be wrong.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Wildly inappropriate!

Well at least that has something more to it. That one they had on over and over the last code was pretty lame. I know what scene it was from in the movie but seemed pretty corny and out of place to me and every other pinhead around that discussed it. To each their own as always.

Not a big deal either way I'm sure there are some more important changes to the code worth discussing. Didn't mean to focus on that it was just something I remember being poorly received the first time I played it on location.

#45 10 years ago

Better....

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Image-1983.png 2 KB

That looks pretty funny.

#47 10 years ago

Oh, and he doesn't wink at the player.....he raises his eyebrows up and down.....

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

one of the new Match scenes is Kirk with his two cat women

Awesome!

#49 10 years ago

I don't find the Carol one to be lame....I find it to be great.

Watched the movie with my wife the other day. When Kirk turned around and saw Carol in her underwear and said "Turn around!", she laughed.

Funny that liberal men find stuff offense that women don't.....always cracks me up.

#50 10 years ago

Honestly that is a pretty irrelevant detail of the game. I think it is lame you don't no biggie.

I don't ever remember saying it was offensive the dots for end game just seem to me like something that a 15 year old kid would come up with is all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v130-code-is-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.