star trek red shirt.jpg
star trek pop.jpg
star trek expendability.jpg
0223151904.jpg
0223151902.jpg
0223151901a.jpg
0223151855a.jpg
Happily-ever-after-star-trek-the-original-series-4060168-1600-1200.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from stainedundies:

side poll: how does everyone feel about the enterprise theme song?
at first i thought it was the dumbest of all time, but now i look forward to singing along every episode

FOR SHAME! That is, hands down, the worst theme song to any show, ever. Everyone pumped up to watch the premiere and then that happened...so depressing. When they didn;t change it for season 2 I knew they were dead in the water. Too bad cause i actually liked the show and thought it was going in a good direction.

As for the ST as a whole, STTNG for series, OS for movies. Voyager was unwatchable, DS9 bored me till I stopped watching, then heard it got really good.

Fav NG episodes, Parallels, Cause & Effect, Measure of a Man, Chain of Commands, but All Good Things is always tops on my list.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep.
I just don't trust anybody who doesn't realize the original series is the best Trek ever was.

I watch a ton more STTNG than OS for a long time now; mostly because they play it more.
There was a time in college when local station played each show back to back and we watched both every night. It was a lot harder to choose which I liked more at that time...OS so good.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The epitome of their ineptitude was FOX and the cancelling of Firefly

Can't blame them actually; no one watched that show. Buffy people thought it was too western, Brisco fans thought it was too Buffy. Blame them more for playing it out of order and confusing people.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That wasn't the only thing that got recycled.

Classic Trek...or Airplane 2. "Well get them to blink IN order..."

khan.jpgkhan.jpg
b.jpgb.jpg

a2.jpga2.jpg

ng.jpgng.jpg
#90 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's because they were actually "Tracers". My brother had the one that shot the little yellow balls and I had the disc one.

80s ruled by Zebra Guns!

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Here's another question. Why do you think Star Wars has been able to keep and maintain a much more mainstream fanbase?

Kids/Special Effects. ST is more scientific in nature, compared to the fantasy angle of SW. That's easy for kids to grasp and grow up with...add in muppets & special effects also help with that.

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Maybe when I finish Enterprise I'll have some time to check out Babylon 5.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

You really should...The cgi was top notch for it's time and you really start to know and care about the people and aliens too. The writing and storyline are top notch too.

B5 is a classy, classy show. The sets and stuff are a little lower quality than some of the other stuff we are talking aboot, but it's an extremely well done show. I remember when the the Battlstar reboot came around and the first thing I thought of when looking at the space scenes was; "Looks like Babylon 5."

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Farscape is probably my favorite sci-fi show of all time.

I know that has a rabid following but I could never get into it.

How aboot Lexx? That's a seriously original one right there.

3 months later
#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Because it requires an attention span of more than 5 minutes.

It was super slow out of the gate and dragged on till people got out of it. Then, I hear it's just awesome in the later seasons. I plan on getting around to watching it sometime because everything I've been told sounds great.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The first season (which was only a half season) the show was finding its footing. Hell, even TNG wasn't firing on all cylinders until the third season.
DS9 picks up in the 2nd season, as they start dropping hints about the Dominion. This is a slow burn, but the payoff is great. The show also gets a nice boost when Worf joins the crew in season 4.

Stng had a few hear and there but for sure 1st season is rough.

10 months later
#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I don't think Simon Pegg would allow a badly written script to be put on screen. We'll see.

I don't think he has much of a choice to be honest. Didn;t sound like a great time writing it but whom knows.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tvmovies?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.