star trek red shirt.jpg
star trek pop.jpg
star trek expendability.jpg
0223151904.jpg
0223151902.jpg
0223151901a.jpg
0223151855a.jpg
Happily-ever-after-star-trek-the-original-series-4060168-1600-1200.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HFK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 9 years ago

Babylon 5 was one of the best shows ever. B5 is why DS9 started getting good. They saw it was possible to actually tell an ongoing story and people would tune in. You don't have to wrap up everything by the end of the episode and start over again the following week. Even TNG fell into that trap and for the most part it doesn't really matter what order you see the episodes in.

B5 was planned from the start as a 5 year story. S1 hits it's stride about midway and once into S2 you can't wait for the next episode. S5 was kind of tacked on because it wasn't sure there would be S5 until after S4 was done so JMS wrapped up the main story in S4. The movies and the spin-off are good too and I heard rumors that they were trying to do more B5.

The newer Battlestar was a great show, for the first few seasons. Then in my opinion it really just fell apart. The last season just never lived up to the expectations.

As for ST I grew up watching TOS and still love it. I didn't start watching TNG until the second season or so because I hated the thought they were trying to redo one of my favorite shows but once I started I enjoyed it.

DS9 didn't start out all that great but once they figured out they could do an ongoing story and got into the Dominion War it got good.

Had high hopes for Voyager. Voyager sucked. Seriously, I hung in but it never got better. Yes Jerry Ryan was nice to look at but the show sucked.

Enterprise had the worst opening. Seriously, why did they think that song would be a good choice and why did they stick with it? The show itself was great. Started a little slow but any new show usually does. One exception is Firefly, that is one show that hit the street running and never looked back, shame what happened to it. Remember watching the first ep when it aired and was blown away. Back to Enterprise I loved it. I liked Bakula from Quantum Leap and they made it an ongoing story instead of week to week storytelling. Plus Jolene Blalock. To me the hottest Vulcan ever and my favorite Trek girl. Yes I would take her over Jerry Ryan any day.

#105 9 years ago

Forgot to say, the funny part about Firefly hitting it right away was they didn't even show the first episode first. The first one they showed was The Train Job which I think was really supposed to be ep5. Had they shown the series in the proper order and advertised it a little it might have fared better. If they had done some promotion for a two-hour movie to start off and put it on a good night who know what could have happened. But then again we are talking about fox, they can ruin anything.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Khan with a British accent and reversing Spock's death to Kirk's and having Spock yell "Khan!"

I think they did that because the guy playing Kirk couldn't deliver the line properly or with the needed emotion. Chris Pine is a major wimp next to Quinto.

Another series that doesn't get any attention in America was Starhunter. The first season dvd set is only $7.99 on Amazon. For some reason season 2 is $199?!? They are also in pre-production on a new movie set for release in December.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I've never even heard of it.
Edit....looks like you can buy the entire series (22 episodes) from Amazon for $8

That is only the first season. The second season was actually called Starhunter 2300 which for some reason is $199 on Amazon. Most people haven't heard of it. It was a Canadian show and when I happened to catch it originally it was on at 3 a.m..

1 month later
#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

. You should definitely check out the other series as well - Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise. They each have something to offer. They get better as you move through the seasons too.

Sorry, I have to disagree, Voyager never gets better. It get a little less annoying but never gets good.

2 months later
#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Which one? Jadzia has that sexy badass thing going but Ezri has the cute thing going. I'd say either one.

Why not both?

insert pic of little girl from the taco commercial

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HFK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tvmovies?tu=HFK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.