star trek red shirt.jpg
star trek pop.jpg
star trek expendability.jpg
0223151904.jpg
0223151902.jpg
0223151901a.jpg
0223151855a.jpg
Happily-ever-after-star-trek-the-original-series-4060168-1600-1200.jpg
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

there are already 4 Star Trek machines available (5 if you count Gottlieb's).

Incorrect. There are Six if you count Gottlieb's

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Incorrect. There are Six if you count Gottlieb's

I see what you did their. you are correct.

#153 9 years ago

Yeah I wish Stern had pushed the envelop a bit with adding some "futuristic" features to the newest Star Trek game, but there wasn't any pressure from JJP at the time. I still don't think they feel the pressure as much as they should. I really REALLY like what JJP is doing with the LCD, but they have yet to put out a machine with a theme that really excites me.

I would like to see Pat Lawlor's new game be space themed. Space and pinball seem to go well together (except for Orbiter 1).

#154 9 years ago

I saw where Tron 3 is going to start filming this fall. I'm pretty excited about that. I liked Tron: Legacy too. I don't know why everyone complains about that movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

#155 9 years ago

I still hate the last Star Trek movie which should have been called "We're re-imaging Star Trek: II."

I really love the pin version of ST:TNG and personally think Stern's version is very good, but I don't quite rate it personally as great.

I so wish a new Star Trek show would be made for TV. It's been too long.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I so wish a new Star Trek show would be made for TV. It's been too long.

We ALL do. I aint gettin any younger and would like to see one more series before I die.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'll just leave this right here:
http://startrekrenegades.com/home/
» YouTube video

With all the Trek talk that's going on why is this the first time I've heard about this? This looks great.

#159 9 years ago

This looks good also
Axanar - Prelude to Axanar

#160 9 years ago

I think some of the acting in Renegades looks questionable. I'm not usually into fan films, but I watched the Axanar prelude the other day and thought it has a great deal of potential to eventually be picked up by CBS.

#161 9 years ago

There is really a lot of good Trek fan film stuff going on right now. Star Trek Continues continues to be a favorite of mine.

#162 9 years ago

Another new one due out this coming winter is Star Trek-Horizon. Takes place in the year 2160. Looks pretty good.

1 month later
#163 8 years ago

Well I'm selling off all of my Star Trek Cards and memorabilia to fund a Star Trek pinball machine. Although I have enjoyed this stuff a great deal, I think it's time I merged my hobbies into one! If anyone is interested in buying some cards and autographs or trading for a Trek pin let me know! My partial 1976 Topps set is worth more than even a Data East Star Trek pin.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Why does everyone hate on DS9 so much?

Because it requires an attention span of more than 5 minutes.

DS9 was by far the best show after the original.

Gul Dukat is the best, multi-layered villain ever in Star Trek. It's an absolute crime what they did to him in the last couple of seasons.
Take Dumar out and put Dukat in that role, drop the pah-wraiths, and the last season would have been perfect.

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Because it requires an attention span of more than 5 minutes.

It was super slow out of the gate and dragged on till people got out of it. Then, I hear it's just awesome in the later seasons. I plan on getting around to watching it sometime because everything I've been told sounds great.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It was super slow out of the gate and dragged on till people got out of it. Then, I hear it's just awesome in the later seasons. I plan on getting around to watching it sometime because everything I've been told sounds great.

The first season (which was only a half season) the show was finding its footing. Hell, even TNG wasn't firing on all cylinders until the third season.

DS9 picks up in the 2nd season, as they start dropping hints about the Dominion. This is a slow burn, but the payoff is great. The show also gets a nice boost when Worf joins the crew in season 4.

#168 8 years ago

Also, DS9 had great tie-ins with the original series, like episodes with the original Klingons played by the original actors, a Tribbles time travel story, and many Mirror Universe episodes.

#169 8 years ago

DS9 was by far the best show after the original.

I think I'm with you on this one. I think Garak is one of the BEST SUPPORTING characters ever on TV. He was so twisted and full of lies that even he didn't know what was true. I really thought they were going to kill him off at the end. The payoff and series finale of this show is truely remarkable. I put it as a tie with TNG for the second best. I honestly can't choose.

#170 8 years ago

Yes, Garak was amazing too!

#171 8 years ago

I would flip my lid if they gave DS9 the HD treatment like they did with TNG. That show would be sweet with better picture. It can be hard to make out the details sometimes, although it's not as bad as early TNG.

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I would flip my lid if they gave DS9 the HD treatment like they did with TNG. That show would be sweet with better picture. It can be hard to make out the details sometimes, although it's not as bad as early TNG.

4K treatment! It was filmed on 35MM film, the effects just need to be re-composited for that level of detail.

#173 8 years ago

There's a great idea! Maybe we should suggest that as content for that guy in the other thread who's looking into getting a new TV.

#174 8 years ago

I wanna see Dax's spots in detail!

#175 8 years ago

The first season (which was only a half season) the show was finding its footing. Hell, even TNG wasn't firing on all cylinders until the third season.
DS9 picks up in the 2nd season, as they start dropping hints about the Dominion. This is a slow burn, but the payoff is great. The show also gets a nice boost when Worf joins the crew in season 4.

Stng had a few hear and there but for sure 1st season is rough.

#176 8 years ago

Its crap that there isn't a new TV series, they could something really great and the fan base is there, with all the other trash on TV lets get a new Startrek series going.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its crap that there isn't a new TV series, they could something really great and the fan base is there, with all the other trash on TV lets get a new Startrek series going.

I've been saying that for years.....and broadcast tv wonders why their viewership is declining.

#178 8 years ago

I wanna see Dax's spots in detail!

Which one? Jadzia has that sexy badass thing going but Ezri has the cute thing going. I'd say either one.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Which one? Jadzia has that sexy badass thing going but Ezri has the cute thing going. I'd say either one.

Why not both?

insert pic of little girl from the taco commercial

10 months later
#180 7 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

This looks good also
Axanar - Prelude to Axanar
» YouTube video

Have you been following the CBS lawsuit? If so; this is a great parody.

#IStandWithAxanar

#181 7 years ago

Original series....never cared for any of the others.I did however love the animated series with original actors voices.Many of those animated episodes were written by some really great sci-fii writers,including some of the writers from the original series.
The new movies are just special effects and they fucked up the story line by saying Spocks mom was dead.Sucks

#182 7 years ago

I am pretty excited for Star Trek Beyond though. I can't believe we haven't heard more about this movie. It's three months out and there's hardly been any marketing. Maybe it sucks and Paramount is embarrassed, but I doubt that's the case. I don't think Simon Pegg would allow a badly written script to be put on screen. We'll see.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I don't think Simon Pegg would allow a badly written script to be put on screen. We'll see.

I don't think he has much of a choice to be honest. Didn;t sound like a great time writing it but whom knows.

#184 7 years ago

The show I grew up with was Voyager, which I still like. It's certainly not the best Trek, but Captain Janeway is so awesome (as is Kate Mulgrew in general) and that sort of 90s corporate/mall aesthetic is always fun to return to.

I love the original - it's a little campy, but that kinda plays into the overall pop-art aesthetic, and it had such a relatively short run that it never had time to get stale. The movies are pretty good, I like the first one in particular. I'm not as big a fan of the recent movies. The first one was all right, but the second was just a remake that didn't really say anything new. They feel kinda corporate.

As for tables, STTNG all the way! The show is, I think, my overall favorite, I love the way it's centered around discussion and ethics. The table has so many awesome callouts (from the cast! the real cast! every time Patrick Stewart whispers "good luck" I get chills) and fun gameplay elements, the new Stern just can't stand up to it.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I am pretty excited for Star Trek Beyond though. I can't believe we haven't heard more about this movie. It's three months out and there's hardly been any marketing. Maybe it sucks and Paramount is embarrassed, but I doubt that's the case. I don't think Simon Pegg would allow a badly written script to be put on screen. We'll see.

Simon Pegg is on the money train just like everybody else involved. His involvement is no guarantee of quality.

I do not have high hopes. The director is the hack who brought you Fast and Furious movies, and the trailer features way to many shots of people dangling off of cliffs. Not to mention it uses "Sabotage" as a musical backdrop...we are only three movies in and we are already going the nostalgia route?

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tvmovies/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.