• 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Krsmith9
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

You tried it with the standard bulbs too and still have the problem?

Flash lamp power is 20VDC, check TP7 and is LED5 on (both on the Power Driver Board)? F111 is the fuse for the 20VDC Power Supply.

#15 7 years ago

If it took a while to blow the fuse I'd suspect your problem is somewhere other than the bridge but it needs to be tested regardless. You could pull the connector to the flashlamps off the board, replace the fuse and test that way as well I suppose. "Make it so!

1 month later
#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I have a very similar issue with my Demolition Man. I just pulled the board out and tested BR4 and the everything was in the acceptable range (one was .493 but I assume that is close enough). I've tried removing all of the flashers and my fuse still blows. I looked for wires crossing where they shouldn't and didn't find anything. Any other ideas?

When does the fuse blow, when game is turned on, when you do something specific, when and is it F111?

#37 7 years ago

Are you using standard 89 / 906 incandescent flashers or LEDs? Did you try putting a different flasher in, maybe in the backboard and see if it still turns on? With all the flashers removed, coin door closed what voltage do you have at F111? Post pictures of J124/128/132 so we can compare and make sure they are correct.

#40 7 years ago

The backbox flashers only flash or partially light (in the beginning of Borg Multiball) at certain points in the game, not in attract mode. You need to be using DC Volts (sometimes indicated by a horizontal line with dots underneath it) with the black lead on the backbox ground and the red on the F111 fuse holder. If your meter is not auto-ranging you have to select the lowest range that is not below 25V.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

J106-5 is plugged in. I'll check the voltage tomorrow. Had a bunch of people over today. Always fun exposing new people to pinball. I'll check the voltage tomorrow. Just to be clear, my game is Demoltion Man, I started commenting here because my symptoms were virtually identical to OP, even though it now appears that the cause of the problem is different.

Might be best to start a new thread with the correct game listed just to avoid confusion.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I'm getting 8.25v with the test on F111.

Yeah, that's a problem. Follow the instructions here: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Fuse_Blown_or_Blowing to diagnose the power supply problem or seek a local tech to work on it for you.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You cannot check this voltage as suggested by bobukcat. The voltage on this fuse is the AC voltage coming from your transformer to BR4. the voltage here has to be measured across the transformer windings. Admittedly, I didn't read this entire thread, but I don't want you running down a rabbit hole by this one measurement.

Oops, right you are! you need to do that test at TP7 (20VDC test point) not at F111, sorry about that but still think the steps outlined at that link are going to lead you to your problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 9.95
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tng-problem-with-flashers?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.