Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Sgrsgr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello, I have a ST:TNG that on occasion upon touching the flipper button will launch the ball during the selection screen at the start of each ball as if you have pulled the trigger.

This issue is intermittent.

Other notes: machine is running comet leds, has pinball pro speakers, and a color DMD.

Thanks in advance to anyone that has seen this or has any ideas.

#2 5 years ago

It's a setting I believe, in case the trigger switch breaks. Check your menu. (Might be wrong on that)

#3 5 years ago

Yep, just saw that from a thread 4 years old, going to attempt to find it and change it...

Although the intermittent nature of this happening worries me.

#4 5 years ago

Any luck? What setting?
I am having the exact same issue, this started happening after i re-wired the lights for the pop-bumpers, super-weird and annoying.

#5 5 years ago

Make sure all flipper opto switches are engaging right in test. Clean the u shaped optos for good measure as well with windex on q tips. Intermittent issues could be just dirty.

#6 5 years ago

Zero errors in test-mode though.
All of them checked and working except: The gun-handle trigger, i have not opened it up and checked, might there be an issue there?

#7 5 years ago

Yeah, that's important to work as well. You'll have to pull it apart and clean it likely. It's been awhile since I've pulled one apart but it's like 4-6 bolts. Not too bad, theres a little push button in there that can get gummed up. Clean with ispopryl alochol until registering smooth, put back together and you should be in business.

#8 5 years ago

I took it apart, the spring inside the mechanism looked a little messed up, adjusted that alittle bit, put it back together ( did not clean it thought, but will do ).
And now it worked perfectly now.. kind of weird since the gun-handle didnt contain any switch, there is just this little metal-rod touching a microswitch on the inside of the cabinet, but for some reason, the flippers does not fire the ball anymore.

2 months later
#9 5 years ago

After swapping the flipper optos for new ones this problem went away. And the upper right flipper is strong again.

Just wanted to say this in case anyone searches for the problem.

4 years later
#10 1 year ago

I just had and solved this issue. The problem was the single drop-target bank. The switch that closes when drop target is down had lost its arm and cannot register, and also the diode. This causes the game to freak out when the ball is in shooterlane. This was in LX-5 ROM version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 85.00
$ 63.95
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tng-flipper-button-launches-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.