Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BriPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just fully restored my ST:TNG and finished putting it back together today. It has one really strange and devastating problem - the autoplunger isn't shooting the ball properly into the spiral wireform. The ball seems to be flying out of the catapult very early and hitting the top of the ball guide before it even reaches the opening. The plunger assembly was never moved during the restore so that can't be the cause and the wireform doesn't seem to have much play though I've tried favoring every position when screwing it back in. No luck and no improvement. It's driving me insane. If I manually move the catapult with my hand from under the playfield, it shoots no problem. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

Switch in there triggering too quick ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

It wasn't that, even in test mode with the ball well settled it happened over and over. Here's the thing that's super bizarre....I let the game just reset and do its checks and load the two balls up top...and for reasons I cannot explain it shot them just fine. I'm baffled. It works fine now and I didn't even change anything.

#4 5 years ago

Perhaps it is possible that the plunger is moving at an angle because the coil sleeve is dirty or damaged.
Check if the coil is loose in the mount, which could be result of this type of issue.
A new coil sleeve is like 60 cents on my machine.
If that is the problem, it should be a cheap fix.

#5 5 years ago

I did a full restore. Every coil sleeve is new and everything is tight. I checked the trough mounts, the coils, the wireform. Everything. It shot it wrong probably 12 times in a row. I went upstairs to tell my wife how depressed I was that this game I just put back together over 2 days can't even shoot the ball. Came back down a few hours later and it suddenly shoots it perfectly every time. Weirdest sh*t I ever seen. Sorry to bother you guys.

#6 5 years ago

It’s been a while since I’ve had a STTNG, but I seem to remember a similar issue on one dad had on route back in the day and I think it had similar results.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

it suddenly shoots it perfectly every time

Hi Neighbor! I bet there was some binding at the linkages that set itself free. My STTNG has done that with a diverter where the linkage had elongated from wear and wouldn't fully retract. Glad you got it working but if it happens again I'd take the whole thing apart and check for wear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-tng-autoplunger-not-shooting-properly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.