(Topic ID: 261700)

Star Trek the Next Generation Line Fuse or F114 blowing?

By Oneinchbiceps

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I've got a Star Trek The Next Generation pin that the Line fuse or the F114 fuse is blowing as soon as the machine comes on. I did work on the optic board under the play field trying to clear up some issues. I discovered the cap on it was leaking replace it and + and - traces that were damaged coming off the cap and plug it up fired the machine on and main line fuse blew along with F105 F104 and F115.

I had rotten dog driver board in the machine at the time this happened. It show I was missing +50 +12 +18 +20 on the LED lights of the board. I really goofed up on this next one I tried. Suspecting I had some bad transistors I removed the remote driver board board to test the transistors and didn't see anything out of the ordinary and put the board back in. Where I messed up I installed the remote drive board upside down with the ribbon cable oriented at the top of the machine. reconnected the connectors and turned the machine back on. I had connector j3 and j4 switched I believe at the time. I notice a pin off that brought this to my attention then realized I powered the machine on with wrong connectors hooked up. So now the MPU isn't booting with everything plugged in. I did try to boot it with everything unplugged cept j210 the power and it seemed to boot on with the dong noise and lights indicating it booted.

Knowing I got a boot with the J210 I decided to put the original driver board back in cause it only had a light issue to see if the game would boot. Turn the machine on Line fuse blew again. I test the diodes on the Rotten Dog that replace the Voltage Rectifier seem to be good. I'm kinda at a lose at what to do now. I looked inside the switch box where line fuse is hope to find a fault but everything looks good in there. Anybody have any idea's what to do next? Has anyone had this issue before?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 63.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 9.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 64.99
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-the-next-generation-line-fuse-or-f114-blowing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.