20161203_195540 (resized).jpg
20161023_204455 (resized).jpg
20161018_182838 (resized).jpg
highscore.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
st_met_altart.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 8 years ago

I use to do the KB 1-2-3 method but I have changed up my strategy since medals n away mission is easier to light

I start off with DTD make a shot. Then hit the away mission. To get spinner value at 75k. The reason I do this first is because later on I would have built up the spinner value so getting 75k is more lucrative early. I'm really liking the away missions now to get medals and points faster.

2 weeks later
#166 8 years ago

I posted this before but I'll post it again. I really like the away missions.

I start DTD first. Make 1 shot. Then try to start the away mission ASAP. I really like nailing the spinner and left orbit. 75k per spinner spin really boosts the score. Especially since the left orbit can be made with either flipper. I have found that I gotten better a making the warp shot now since i hit he left orbit more

I then hit KB 1-2-3 because KB 2 is easy n pretty much a free points.

STE next,start the away mission ASAP. It's pretty the same as DTD away mission. He the left orbit and warp ramp

SJ next and then PD to get 2-3 in a row bonus scoring.
I'm improving slowly and with this strat. I don't make it KM much.

1 week later
#204 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Based on the comments in this thread, I think the most lucrative mission to go three deep in is Nero1-3. Lighting the left orbit for 2x points just pays off in so many ways: play DTD and light galactic spinner, play STE and light galactic warps, play PD and light galactic lanes. All can be cashed in on by constantly hitting that orbit. I don't think any other shot has as many scoring opportunities when lit. And, the left orbit is easy to hit from both flippers. Nero 1-3 is also not a hard set of missions to get through, especially when you know how Nero3 works.

I tried this method to try to maximize my scoring. I have found that nero2 kills me so my scores are actually lower. But this is on me because I can't hit all the shots at will

#213 8 years ago

I tried out a new strat for points
KB 1-2-3
Nero 1-2-3

Went with KB so I get extra point with alpha doubling because Nero has alpha shots

Then with left orbit doubler lit

STE
PD
DTD (drained here)

Wrapped the warps to get warp 1 again
2 Klingon Multis
1 vengence MB

Final score 341M

I was really hoping to get to KM to see what kind score I would get

#214 8 years ago

I'm liking the KB 1-2-3 then Nero 1-2-3 approach

Nero 3 is ridiculous easy. It's just like KB 2. Have the right flipper light on the alpha ramp and then bat the ball repeatedly with the left flipper. Unless u chasing the double lit for gold medal

Unfortunately I'm still not good enough to get to KM with this strat but I'm hitting scores between 220-340M with 2 missions away from KM.

#224 8 years ago

I just nailed the Klingon MB double super jackpot. Wow. How the voice stretches it out is awesome. Made me feel like a champ

2 weeks later
#231 8 years ago

I go for gat in all modes except Nero n SJ

Nero gat only in MB

#232 8 years ago

The left flipper alpha shot ramp is pure money. During Klingon MB. I nailed all the shots 2x to get the moving target. Caught and held a ball on the right flipper and then kept on nailing the alpha ramp with the left flipper waiting for the target to be on the alpha ramp.

Then nailed the warp ramp for the final target to reset everything 104M. ST is awesome !!!

1 week later
#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a question. If you complete three in a row on one of the levels -- say you get DtD, KB and PD -- you get one of the super modes (in that case, super pops). If you then complete another three in a row -- say, by competing SJ and StE -- do you get another super mode (in that case, super ramps)? Because, when I do it, I only get notification of the first, not the second. And, I thought when I last checked instant info, it wasn't giving me credit for the second super mode.
However, if you simultaneously get two different rows -- by, for instance, first doing DtD, KB, SJ, StE and then ending with PD -- you get super pops and super ramps simultaneously.
Does anyone know whether this is accurate? If so, it seems better to try to get two rows completed simultaneously then one row after another.

U only get 1 super mode. I go for 2 -3 in a row at once to max it

1 week later
#246 8 years ago

I did something different this morning.

DTD 1-2-3
KB 1-2-3
STE 1
SJ 1
PD 1
Nero 1
KM
PD 2 (drained)

And nailed 540M. My highest score ever

Got up to warp 9.6 but didn't get 2x scoring on KM

2 months later
#248 8 years ago

I discovered something today

On a mission with the right orbit lane lit

On ball save auto launch after I drained. I held the right flipper down to open the right gate.

As the ball came back off the left gate down the right orbit and rolled over the switch. It register as a hit for the right orbit shot.

Kinda cheap I know. But I ll take it

Does not work on Klingon multiball. Right gate doesn't open when the right flipper is held down. So the ball has to go down into the pops

1 month later
#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a question. Is everything doubleable by shooting a combo? For instance, I was playing a game the other day when I noticed that the first gold medal I received awarded me 2,000,000 points. I don't remember that award being that high (not for the first one at least), so perhaps I comboed the shot when I received the gold medal. If so, then every third shot that awards a medal should try to be comboed for extra points. So, what can you combo for double points and what can you not?

That is correct. But it's risk vs reward

Ex Klingon battle 2. You can backhand the alpha ramp all the way to gold or venture off comboing it. I personally rather play it safe to keep the ball in play then to get a lit multiplier for the extra points

1 week later
#261 8 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

That is a good point. The left orbit does go all the way around when I hit it. So that gate must open. However, holding down the right flipper button while shooting does not open that gate. It hits the left gate and bounces back against the right one.
Is that a software update that removed that?

I believe the right gate only stays open when holding the right flipper down. only if you didn't hit the warp ramp skill shot on that ball

I cheat the game with the right flipper button down right gate open on auto plunge when there is a right orbit shot lit.

2 weeks later
#268 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I thought I would post it here since there are some strategic calls to be made. I have to understand this more, but it is further on the point that completing three missions in a column on one or two of the modes before finishing the rest of the level one missions could be much more lucrative in terms of points than just going through the level 1 missions.

100%. Getting the doubler lit for the alpha ramp by doing KB 1-2-3 is pure gold.

The alpha ramp is the easiest to hit.
Nero 2. The alpha ramp is multi color shot.
Nero 3 I keep back handing the alpha and slowly getting the right flipper shot to be on alpha ramp and then get the left flipper on the warp ramp. Then nail the ball to the alpha ramp. Beat the left flipper like a mad man to get it to the warp ramp again and shoot the alpha ramp repeat repeat. This gets the multiplier lit and the color changing shot all on the alpha ramp. Finish Nero 3 to get the left orbit multiplier lit

Having the left orbit and alpha ramp multiplier lit opens up so much

PD1 - I start the away mission and nail the left orbit
STE1 - often the shot is repeatly the alpha ramp. If it's not, start the away mission and shoot the left orbit

DTD to me it's much like STE. If the ball has been in play and I haven't nailed any shots and more shots get lit. I just nail the alpha ramp over and over again til it's not lit anymore than try to start away mission and nail the left orbit

I'm finding that I like going 3 deep for KB, Nero, SJ, STE as they aren't difficult compared to PD n DTD

This all depends on your skill level if you can make shots. If you can't make the first shot on KB3. You can be stuck on the mission for a while. It's key to make that first lit shot.

#270 8 years ago

I generally don't go PD 3 deep because of the difficulty. But last night I tried it while in Klingon mb. Is there any difference between PD2 - PD3. What I could tell in the madness is that you have to shoot all 7 shots in each tier.

#273 8 years ago

I changed up my strat

I use to go
KB 1-2-3
Nero 1-2-3 to light the doublers

But exploring more of the game. I find. The hardest shot for me is the warp ramp

So I will either start with KB 1
Then do PD 1 -2. I make as many shots in PD2 as I can. If I make the warp ramp on PD2. Then I finish it. If not. I move onto KB 2. I will come back to PD 2
When I have 2 balls locked and hit KLingon multiball on PD2.
With ball save on. I let the balls drain and try to nail the warp ramp.

With medals now.
i actually find now that level 1 are the hardest. KB 1, PD1, DTD are not bad because the shots will be the same. But Nero 1,STE, SJ 1. The shots change after the first shot. I wonder if it's random or if their is variables to determine the shots.

#288 8 years ago

For those that have a hard time hitting the left vuk with the right flipper or hitting the away mission with the left flipper.

If you trap the ball with right flipper. You can backhand the away mission. You have to do it pretty quick once you release the hold.

6 months later
#320 7 years ago

I still love playing ST. I find myself holding the right flipper up while the ball is bouncing around on the PF in hopes that it passes under the right upper flipper n start a mission.

8 months later
#381 6 years ago

For the longest time. I noticed that space jump 1 had a delay in lighting up the next shots after making a shot. It dawned on my tonight while playing. Maybe because of how without the "display it's mathmetically impossible to calculate blah blah blah"

So I paid attention to the mode and sure enough before the Spock says that phrase. The shots are lit quickly after a made shot just like all other missions. But after the phrase. There is a slight delay in lighting up the next lit shots

I just think it's kinda cool to have that type of attention to detail

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

"Space Jump" is a throwaway mission for me. I will either stack it with the second vengeance battle so it times out when I go for the 5 vengeance shots for the extra ball, or I hit 1 shot then GAT and hit the vengeance to end it right away. This gets you a bronze and helps you get to Kobayashi Maru faster.
I nero 3 stack first. Try and play 1 multiball with Nero 2 as that mode doesnt time out and all the shots are also going to be jackpots on Klingon Multiball, but if I have vengeance mb ready I'll stack it with nero 2 as well. Nero 3 just double light left ramp and back hand it til its finished. Then play the other MB with destroy the drill or save the enterprise. Hit 1 shot then GAT, this will make your left orbit lit for the entire mode and adds time. You doubled up your left orbit with the nero stack so you get huge mode points from rippin that orbit. If you have black hole award lit before you start your MB, you can hit it as well to add more time so you can keep crushin the left orbit.
If extra balls are turned on I never use the missiles in vengeance mb until I have over 5 stacked. That way when I get out of the MB I can open up the vengeance right away and get a shot at an extra ball. This is where I throw away Space Jump. I really only open up Vengeance 3 if I have another Klingon MB ready and then Ill start V3, then lock 3rd ball for KMB, then I can beat V3 pretty easily to get around to another Vengeance MB.
After you capitalize on all those big points from left orbit on DTD and STE, its just a race to kobayashi maru. I work on getting my warps up to 9 while playing the other modes, hit the left orbit when its light for a mode shot and then warp ramp when it comes around. I tend to get my Nero stack, then DTD, then throw away space jump, beat Prime Directive, then have another MB ready for STE and when it ends you get super spinner and super ramps that you can bring into kobayashi maru once you finish off Klingon battle.
If you can stack your 9.1 into your kobayashi maru medal count up you are crushing
Yesterday on my lunch break I went home and played a game, set it all up, had 270 mil, started 9.1 with kobayashi maru lit and I drained ball 3 like a chump Have to get over 350 to get on the board these days ha.

I use to play with heavy stacks but since 2x I finished the matrix and couldn't start 5 year mission. I said screw it. I now just play all the tier 1s get KM. Get all tier 2 and so on so

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This is a cool observation. I never noticed that.
I'm pretty sure that as long as you keep making shots, you avoid the space debris on the DMD. Once too much time passes, space debris starts hitting you and your visor becomes cracked. I've never made it all the way through without having something hit me, but I assume it is possible. I wonder if your observation about how quickly the shots are lit has something to do with how much debris has hit you, interfering with your systems.

The other night I played a game and I was making shot after shot because how quickly the next shots lit up. I got the gold medal without Spock giving the "without your display compass blah blah blah" speech

In the past I always noticed a delay.

Just think it's cool that they thought that deep.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player?tu=pinballophobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.