20161203_195540 (resized).jpg
20161023_204455 (resized).jpg
20161018_182838 (resized).jpg
highscore.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
st_met_altart.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 8 years ago

Maintaining ball control/cradling 2+ balls during multiball and avoiding complete flipper focus is an ongoing challenge for me, but I am making progress. Haven't tried the soft plunge thing, but sometimes I will try to tie up balls in the vengeance lock or in the pops by making the away team shot to slow things down.

I am quite amazed and dumbfounded at the high odds of probability that double and triple drains can occur. It's just not right I tell ya!

I'm looking for any tips on adjusting the warp ramp exit. I don't think I've ever gotten it quite right. Sometimes I can get 3-4 shots in a row, but that's rare. More often it will bounce out in some way, sometimes it may even hop back down the shooter lane. I know where the screw is to adjust it and how to move the ramp around, I'm just not sure how to close in on a sweet spot and what the best way to test it is.

2 months later
#235 8 years ago

I really admire your ability to strategize and adapt. I just don't seem to have as focused a mind for it, especially during the heat of play. Sometimes I'll go in with a plan, but it can quickly fall apart and become a free4all..

Love it, hate it, love it again, it's what keeps me coming back for more and more though. It's equal parts skill and mental challenge. Being able to skillfully pull of shots and combos when you want, especially that warp ramp, but also knowing what missions to take, and when to start those MB, GAT, 2x scoring, etc.

No one can deny that beneath the surface, this is a thinking person's game. I've said it before, but that's why I think it works so well with the theme, because as the captain of the Enterprise, you are constantly making strategic decisions.

#241 8 years ago

I haven't tried this yet but what about super spinner and super pops and then finish with SJ combined with a KMB or VMB, and possibly even a GAT Vengeance shot to end it for a gold medal finish to start KM? If you are super good/lucky, work in a well timed double scoring in there before the end and going in to KM and my gawd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player?tu=PWhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.