20161203_195540 (resized).jpg
20161023_204455 (resized).jpg
20161018_182838 (resized).jpg
highscore.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
st_met_altart.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 8 years ago

This is my favorite game and I only play on location as I dont own 1 or know anyone who does but ive implemented some of these strats to get some good games going.

My personal best is 189 million and only time I ever got to kobayashi maru. This was before I read any rules or even knew that mode existed. Just played well that game and got thru the modes.

Last night I finally broke 100 mill again . Drained really early my first two balls, I wanted to try and get thru DTD3 first but didnt make it happen. I ended up beating the bottom three missions and stacked my Klingon MB with the KB1. Rocked the ramps and spinner and got i think 76 mill off that MB and stacked my multiplier for a 29 mill bonus.

Thanks for the tips! hope to keep improving, by far my fav game to play on location!

6 months later
#278 8 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Besides the warp ramp and vengeance extra ball you can set your machine to award extra balls at scoring increments.
I have mine set at 50 mil , 100 mil , 200 mil , 300 mil, 400 mil.
You can also set the warp ramp to what ever you want , mines at 7.

holy hell you must score over a billion every game with that much extra ball action

4 months later
#300 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I've tried a few different strategies I've seen other players do, but this is what works best for me. I can consistently get 100 million point plus games with this.
1.) Start w/ Prime Directive (working towards super ramps via space jump and save the enterprise.)
All the timed modes since the latest code release will pause the timer (after 4 seconds since the previous switch hit I think) until you make a shot, take advantage of this and combo as many shots as possible.
a.) Cradle the ball on the left flipper, and backhand the left orbit then combo anything that's lit. Keep doing this until the mode is over.
2.) Before starting another mode work on the extra balls and get some points along the way.
a.) Start vengeance multiball, and try to hit the warp ramp (up to 3x to light extra ball).
b.) Get vengeance multiball all the way up to the final shot and cradle the ball with the left flipper. Backhand the left orbit and combo the final shot 2x'ing the vengeance for 5 million x 2.
c.) Get whatever warp ramps you haven't got towards the 3 needed for the extra ball and hit the vengeance shot for the extra ball.
3.) Start the next vengeance mode, and hit the vengeance 4x for the 2nd extra ball.
4.) Go for klingon multiball, and don't forget to combo (using the left backhand trick, as many shots as possible, especially the super jackpot).
5.) Start space jump, and prime directive and use the same combo trick.
6.) Once super ramps are lit, don't shoot for the ramps if you can help it.
a.) Again cradle the ball on the left flipper, and backhand the left orbit then hit the warp ramp. Do this for as many super ramp shots as you can.
7.) Go for Kobayashi Maru w/ the final modes. (I blaze through these just focusing on keeping the ball alive so I can get to cashing in the medals and the multiball points, better players or those still on ball 1 or 2 may want to keep the same strategy up for points and medals going into Maru.
Below is another idea that I've seen players do, but it hasn't been effective for me.
1.) Start Nero and complete modes 1, 2 and 3 if possible to get the spinner bonus up. Then go for the strategy above. This will give a boatload of points every time you hit the left orbit (+ spinner) to do a combo. I almost always lose my last ball shortly after completing the 3rd nero mission though. #lifegoals.

seems silly not to combine your mulitballs with modes?

4 months later
#335 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Nobody probably gives a rats ass but I don't f'n care. Holy f'n christ. I'm done. I'll never match this game ever!! My first trip to AMOK which was insane. 2 full bronze, 2 full silver, full gold while 2x scoring (not sure if that counts to medals) 400+ million in medals. Finished to the point where nothing was advancing anymore. BUG??? Not sure. Drained and it resetted. Drained while on vengeance 3. Was ste3 and sj3 away from completing everything.
Factory default settings. Easy right lane. No extra balls.
And I'm a sweaty mess. Lol

Nice! Double scoring def counts for medal count, I always try and combo that together for a big payout

2 months later
#348 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

I found this explanation online:
All shots are lit for jackpot - 6th jackpot is a Super Jackpot worth 6.25 Million. 12th jackpot is another Super Jackpot worth 10 Million. This is followed by a travelling Double Jackpot worth 4 Million. Finally, the warp ramp with light for a Double Super Jackpot worth 20 Million. You will also receive a single, gold medal. Then, the Multiball process repeats.
Found here: http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456

Now do that, but stack something 3 deep and hit them jacks on a doubled shot after a combo

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The catch is, the combo is only good for shots when you are in a mode. That is a very different scenario than just getting 2x on a shot for the remainder of the game.

Why are you not in modes? Like, 95% of that game should be played in a mode. If you are not in a mode, you shoot the mode start or the GAT to start a mode. Or, if you arent in a mode you are probably in a wizard mode, cause you better be stacking your multiballs with a mode.

Nero stack then play destroy the drill, extend the mode, hit the GAT shot, then just crush left orbit all day. Then, play save the Enterprise, same thing, hit your black hole to extend mode, hit a shot and then GAT, then crush left orbit all day. You can forehand or backhand it and you get a safe return or hit some warps from the return.

Then you have super spinner and left orbit banging, and you end up with a ton of points.

#352 7 years ago

Yeah, I am not 100% of the value but I've come out of level 1 missions with an insane amount of points after I nero stack. Some glass off testing seems to be in order.

I love the game because there are so many ways to play. I usually nero stack in competition, but I've cleared 400 mil before playing thru all the level 1's right away and just going to kobayashi maru with a 9.1 going then pick off some more modes as I went.

1 week later
#367 7 years ago

I think GOT is a lot easier to throw up huge scores on than ST, and without as much time/grinding. You can stack 2 houses and play a blackwater mb on ball 1 and if you hit your multiplier decently you can come away with 800mil-1+ bil pretty consistently after you drain outta mb.

#370 7 years ago

SM is cool, shoots alot like ST, but I like how you can stack the mb's together. The mode structure of SM is way different from St and got imo.

2 months later
#382 6 years ago

"Space Jump" is a throwaway mission for me. I will either stack it with the second vengeance battle so it times out when I go for the 5 vengeance shots for the extra ball, or I hit 1 shot then GAT and hit the vengeance to end it right away. This gets you a bronze and helps you get to Kobayashi Maru faster.

I nero 3 stack first. Try and play 1 multiball with Nero 2 as that mode doesnt time out and all the shots are also going to be jackpots on Klingon Multiball, but if I have vengeance mb ready I'll stack it with nero 2 as well. Nero 3 just double light left ramp and back hand it til its finished. Then play the other MB with destroy the drill or save the enterprise. Hit 1 shot then GAT, this will make your left orbit lit for the entire mode and adds time. You doubled up your left orbit with the nero stack so you get huge mode points from rippin that orbit. If you have black hole award lit before you start your MB, you can hit it as well to add more time so you can keep crushin the left orbit.

If extra balls are turned on I never use the missiles in vengeance mb until I have over 5 stacked. That way when I get out of the MB I can open up the vengeance right away and get a shot at an extra ball. This is where I throw away Space Jump. I really only open up Vengeance 3 if I have another Klingon MB ready and then Ill start V3, then lock 3rd ball for KMB, then I can beat V3 pretty easily to get around to another Vengeance MB.

After you capitalize on all those big points from left orbit on DTD and STE, its just a race to kobayashi maru. I work on getting my warps up to 9 while playing the other modes, hit the left orbit when its light for a mode shot and then warp ramp when it comes around. I tend to get my Nero stack, then DTD, then throw away space jump, beat Prime Directive, then have another MB ready for STE and when it ends you get super spinner and super ramps that you can bring into kobayashi maru once you finish off Klingon battle.

If you can stack your 9.1 into your kobayashi maru medal count up you are crushing

Yesterday on my lunch break I went home and played a game, set it all up, had 270 mil, started 9.1 with kobayashi maru lit and I drained ball 3 like a chump Have to get over 350 to get on the board these days ha.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I use to play with heavy stacks but since 2x I finished the matrix and couldn't start 5 year mission. I said screw it. I now just play all the tier 1s get KM. Get all tier 2 and so on so

Yeah, playing for 5 year mission for level 1's I will make a shot, trap and let time run down, then when its not ticking down ill hit another shot, etc. Then stack my MB's with level 2 missions.

11 months later
#397 5 years ago

prime directive 2 is you have to hit all the main shots once, but the shots that are lit both blue and yellow are worth more and are the way you advance to the medals. i believe (from memory so may be wrong) the order of the double colored shots is Left Ramp , Right Ramp, Left Orbit, Warp Ramp pretty sure on those ones, than its either Right Orbit, Vengeance or vice versa and ends in the left mode scoop. you can collect any of the shots at anytime but once they are collected if you do it out of order you cant collect the shot to advance to a better medal. its a timed mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider InfiniteLives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-strategies-for-the-average-player?tu=InfiniteLives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.