(Topic ID: 84941)

Star trek interactive vengeance mod (the original).

By beatmaster

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 861 posts
  • 187 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by beatmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CBC94A1C-0948-4378-9DF3-2DEB7200DA3D (resized).jpeg
4B938234-65ED-40D0-AA3C-FDB811CCD042 (resized).jpeg
43E2D8AA-F6AF-4B74-8AFB-FD5F51C5FD51 (resized).jpeg
DA5DCBB5-8544-4061-A8F5-F4765FBA9499 (resized).jpeg
E92B15FD-5C62-4A32-99E9-F314ECADCE1F (resized).jpeg
002AB7AA-6507-4323-B1FD-BC6A53303044 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20180913-223116_eBay (resized).jpg
cheap knock off (resized).jpg
60ACE5DD-3782-47DE-B998-34EBAB4131BD-3666-0000034700BAFFD6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0494 (resized).JPG
IMGA0986 (resized).JPG
IMGA0974 (resized).JPG
IMGA0165 (resized).JPG
ST 07032015.jpg
336565-i.jpg
image-9-2.jpg
There are 861 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.
#602 7 years ago
Quoted from Bruce:

I'm looking forward to this!

You should get his shooter housing light up too, save on postage.

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You should get his shooter housing light up too, save on postage.

Oh man, I'm a sucker for good mods. Any pics or a link?

#604 7 years ago

Here's his and my mod together, they really change the way the front of games look, there's nothing on the market like them.

IMGA0165 (resized).JPGIMGA0165 (resized).JPG

IMGA0974 (resized).JPGIMGA0974 (resized).JPG

IMGA0986 (resized).JPGIMGA0986 (resized).JPG

IMG_0494 (resized).JPGIMG_0494 (resized).JPG

#605 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's his and my mod together, they really change the way the front of games look, there's nothing on the market like them.

thanks for the pics paul.

Quoted from Bruce:

Oh man, I'm a sucker for good mods. Any pics or a link?

well, here's the infos about it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mod-shooter-rod-housing-lighting-kit

#606 7 years ago

alright,

doing my list right now and sending pms.

i will have more early next week, as always just send me a pm and i will save your spot.

thanks everybody, bob.

#607 7 years ago

list is done, another batch coming up this week. i will have both colour.

#608 7 years ago

list is done, this is what i have left for now. they are ready to go.

3 blue.
4 red.

just shoot me pm, if sold out i can put you on my list for the next batch.

thanks everybody, bob.

#609 7 years ago

Installed our blue one yesterday and all I can say is THANK YOU! It's *the* perfect Vengeance upgrade!

(and no, I didn't get a free one... just really happy with the looks and quality of this!)

#610 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Installed our blue one yesterday and all I can say is THANK YOU! It's *the* perfect Vengeance upgrade!
(and no, I didn't get a free one... just really happy with the looks and quality of this!)

Congrats, I have a red on mine and yes it is a must have. I also have his blue shooter housing light up and my blue Leg Light-Ups.

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

thanks for the kind words, i'm glad you like it, enjoy your game.

#612 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Congrats, I have a red on mine and yes it is a must have. I also have his blue shooter housing light up and my blue Leg Light-Ups.

yeah and you are the first one who bought it 3 years ago... man time goes fast.

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

yeah and you are the first one who bought it 3 years ago... man time goes fast.

THREE YEARS!!!! Where has the time gone? I'm feeling old now. I start collecting my 2 pensions in a few months.

#614 7 years ago

vengeance mod lighting kit available and ready for shipping.

1 blue.
3 red.

#615 7 years ago

blue version was sold out but i was able to make another one.

so, one blue left
2 red left.

next batch in a month or so, if everything goes well.

thank everyone, bob.

#616 7 years ago

blue = sold out.
2 red left.

again, i strongly suggest to anyone who wants to have a blue one to pm so i can put you on my list and save your spot on the next batch.

2 weeks later
#617 7 years ago

This mod, in beautiful interactive blue, is an absolute gem that brings my STLE Vengeance to life. Thanks Bob. It should have been installed from the factory and nicely complements the 3D red explosion below it, as they are hooked to different flashers.

Immediately following installation, my Vengeance would no longer exit crash mode due to the added weight of the disk. In fairness, on occasion prior to install, my ship would be slow to exit crash mode. Upon removing the black cover to understand how the mechanism works, it became clear that the issue resided with the underpowered springs. I installed 2 small clear rubber bands and then the ship would completely and swiftly exit crash mode. However, coil test #53 was no longer capable of exerting sufficient force for the ship to enter crash mode. After much experimentation I elected to concede defeat and just play the game. To my amazement, the Vengeance is able to consistently enter crash mode during game play. Long story short, the cheap, quick, low tech solution works great!

I was hoping to receive a Starfleet Access pass that some early adopters got... Evidently I have not yet achieved my Captain status. LOL

#618 7 years ago

Glad you got it fixed, now you have to get Bobs shooter housing light up.

#619 7 years ago
Quoted from ViperNation:

This mod, in beautiful interactive blue, is an absolute gem that brings my STLE Vengeance to life. Thanks Bob. It should have been installed from the factory and nicely complements the 3D red explosion below it, as they are hooked to different flashers.
Immediately following installation, my Vengeance would no longer exit crash mode due to the added weight of the disk. In fairness, on occasion prior to install, my ship would be slow to exit crash mode. Upon removing the black cover to understand how the mechanism works, it became clear that the issue resided with the underpowered springs. I installed 2 small clear rubber bands and then the ship would completely and swiftly exit crash mode. However, coil test #53 was no longer capable of exerting sufficient force for the ship to enter crash mode. After much experimentation I elected to concede defeat and just play the game. To my amazement, the Vengeance is able to consistently enter crash mode during game play. Long story short, the cheap, quick, low tech solution works great!
I was hoping to receive a Starfleet Access pass that some early adopters got... Evidently I have not yet achieved my Captain status. LOL

thanks for letting me know.

some people had issue even without the mod installed, others never had issues with the mod installed, go figure.
i guess since all games are not built the same way (by hand) it's probably one of the reason and the spring.

i did that Starfleet Access pass about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago, when i had everything in stock.
i'd be happy to make you one and send it to you. just pm me.

#620 7 years ago

i'll be away for the next 2 weeks starting this wednesday.

so anyone who wants to be on the list for my next batch just send me a pm and i'll go through my pm's in the order i received them, no worries i will save your spot.

bob.

#621 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'll be away for the next 2 weeks starting this wednesday.
so anyone who wants to be on the list for my next batch just send me a pm and i'll go through my pm's in the order i received them, no worries i will save your spot.
bob.

Another vacation. You lucky dog.

#623 7 years ago

I have found the 'crash' issues are all related to the cables. The stern cable connected the ship going through the white cable holder needs a clean path to crash and retract properly.

Run the Stern cable on its own and run the cable for this mod separately and you should have no issues.

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from Cursed:

I have found the 'crash' issues are all related to the cables. The stern cable connected the ship going through the white cable holder needs a clean path to crash and retract properly.
Run the Stern cable on its own and run the cable for this mod separately and you should have no issues.

i agree, that's why in the instructions it says make sure no dragging or pulling (premium/le).

#625 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i agree, that's why in the instructions it says make sure no dragging or pulling (premium/le).

The wire connecting the disk is draped over top of the Vengeance (I didn't even run it under the back part of the ship for fear of binding), and does not exit through the white hoop used to power the Vengeance. Both cables pull free and clear of any obstruction. Springs stretch and weaken over time, and were not designed to carry the increased load. Lubrication and cleaning the track it slides upon helps to some extent. But the bottom line here is the need for "more power Scotty!" . Some have removed and shortened the springs, thereby increasing their probability of snapping. If a rubber snaps it will inflict no playfield damage and can be replaced in about a minute. Happy gaming!

2 weeks later
#626 6 years ago

i was away for 2 weeks.
sending pms now for the peoples on my list.

i should have a few more available, those interested shoot me a pm.

1 week later
#628 6 years ago

all pm's and list are done.

this is what i have left from this batch.

2 blue
1 red

next batch in a month or two, somewhere this summer.
as always just send me a pm, if sold out i will put you on my list for the next batch and save your spot.

thanks everyone, bob.

#629 6 years ago

weekend bump.

they are ready for shipping.

1 week later
#630 6 years ago

sent

#632 6 years ago

i was able to make one more blue.

it's ready to go just send me a pm.

thanks, bob.

#633 6 years ago

last blue sold.

another batch will be ready soon.
as always just shoot me a pm so i can save your spot.

thanks, bob.

#634 6 years ago

getting everything ready for another batch.
i strongly suggest for anyone who wants to have one to let me know with a pm.

thanks, bob.

#635 6 years ago

Just received my blue mod the other day and installed it. I'm not too big into mods, but this one is a must have for Star Trek Premium/LE ... don't hesitate if it interests you! Buy one as soon as more are available !

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Just received my blue mod the other day and installed it. I'm not too big into mods, but this one is a must have for Star Trek Premium/LE ... don't hesitate if it interests you! Buy one as soon as more are available !

Super nice on the Pro too.

#637 6 years ago

thanks for the kind words, i'm glad you like it.

1 month later
#638 6 years ago

list is done and pm's answered.

this is what i have left for now.

5 blue
2 red

as always just shoot me a pm.

thanks everybody, bob.

#640 6 years ago

bump for the weekend people.

3 blue

2 red

#641 6 years ago

Do you have any Blue left?

#643 6 years ago

Bump for an outstanding mod. I've had it a couple of months now and can't imagine the game w/o it. It's a must have for any Star Trek out there!

#644 6 years ago

Bump for an outstanding mod. I've had it a couple of months now and can't imagine the game w/o it. It's a must have for any Star Trek out there!

Now ya gotta get his shooter housing light up. I have them on all my games except RFM which hopefully he can make another custom one for.. He made custom ones for my HS2, BF and T3

#645 6 years ago

thanks for the kind words, enjoy your game.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now ya gotta get his shooter housing light up. I have them on all my games except RFM which hopefully he can make another custom one for.. He made custom ones for my HS2, BF and T3

thanks paul.
your legs light up is a great mod too, fit on every game outhere.

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks paul.
your legs light up is a great mod too, fit on every game outhere.

You got that right. Oh and my blue shooter light up came yesterday for my Jackbot, thanks. Now I just have to pick up the game.

#648 6 years ago

weekend bump, i may have another blue available.

#649 6 years ago

Looking for a blue if you might have one left

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Looking for a blue if you might have one left

pm sent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
There are 861 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-stern-vengeance-mod-chashing-leds/page/13?hl=vipernation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.