View topic image gallery

tumblr_mtvovurywq1qezotxo3_500.jpg
image.jpg
anthrocon-furries.jpg
twilight-turtle.jpg
image.jpg
b9d7_galaxy_wand_green_laser_pointer.jpg
stevelaser.jpg
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

This may be common knowledge I don't know, but I had lunch today with a distributor friend of mine who told me a little about the projector. He said there will be a mode where the game goes "dark" and he projector basically projects a star field on the playfield. That's all he really knew so far.

#2 10 years ago

My daughter has one of those, it's shaped like a ladybug.

#3 10 years ago

Sounds like even more reason to buy a pro

#4 10 years ago

What else could it be? It was not going to be a Pink Floyd laser show.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Sounds like even more reason to buy a pro

That makes zero sense.

#6 10 years ago

Who cares how simple it is as long as it looks cool is my take on it. Hope it turns out good.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My daughter has one of those, it's shaped like a ladybug.

We have that one, the sea turtle, and the turtle. What would be awesome is if you set those up in the same room as Star Trek.

#8 10 years ago

White dots of light on the pf. uh-huh.

#9 10 years ago

It could project out of the bottom of the coffin, illuminating your floor with stars.

If Stern doesn't design it that way, I'm going to find a way to rig it with a 3rd party solution that will to correspond with the mode.

#10 10 years ago

My Daughter has a 26"LCD TV in her bedroom .

#11 10 years ago

I see the trolls are out in force tonight.

#12 10 years ago

if everything goes dark, something like a mini stage laser ($35.00) with patterns wondering on the PF, thats what i think it's going to be. nothing impressive, just adapted to fit on a pinball.

#13 10 years ago

Sharks with frickin' lasers on their frickin' heads eat the ball and then spew it right down the middle... Space sharks.. sharks.. in space..

#14 10 years ago

KABOOM

stevelaser.jpgstevelaser.jpg
#15 10 years ago

The laser star field gets projected from under the apron up the playfield and operated in lights out mode. The VUK has been changed to a typical VUK feeding the wire form . I am terribly disappointed by this. Stern , once again, proves what a chaotic get the product out organization they really are. Still can't wait for my LE.

#16 10 years ago

The George Bush "thousand points of light" feature?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The George Bush "thousand points of light" feature?

"Mr President you still have 30 seconds"

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

My Daughter has a 26"LCD TV in her bedroom .

My daughter has books.

#19 10 years ago

Yep one laser with a defuser on it . 3 bucks in today's market

#20 10 years ago

Man, I bet even the freaking stars are red.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What else could it be? It was not going to be a Pink Floyd laser show.

Who knew Pink Floyd played on the Enterprise? ...I must have missed that episode! Hmm, now about the photon torpedoes that come out the bottom...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

KABOOM

stevelaser.jpg 76 KB

It totally freaks me out the Steve Richie looks like my mom.

#23 10 years ago

Lol @ the replies...

Yeah sounds like it could be a cool feature, so looking forward to it!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

He said there will be a mode where the game goes "dark" and he projector basically projects a star field on the playfield. That's all he really knew so far.

Now that sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to it.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The VUK has been changed to a typical VUK feeding the wire form ..

So it pops up to the wireform that goes back to the lower flipper, like Spider-Man's Doc Ock VUK instead of shooting up the Warp ramp?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So it pops up to the wireform that goes back to the lower flipper, like Spider-Man's Doc Ock VUK instead of shooting up the Warp ramp?

That sounds about right.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That sounds precisely what it will be like to me.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes the ball couldn't make the jump to Warp. Now go save the Enterprise!

#29 10 years ago

b9d7_galaxy_wand_green_laser_pointer.jpgb9d7_galaxy_wand_green_laser_pointer.jpg

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

It could project out of the bottom of the coffin, illuminating your floor with stars.
If Stern doesn't design it that way, I'm going to find a way to rig it with a 3rd party solution that will to correspond with the mode.

I'm sure a mod like this will come out. Makes perfect sense. Blast the whole room with stars.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

b9d7_galaxy_wand_green_laser_poi... 88 KB

Actually that looks really cool.

#32 10 years ago

Maybe it will be ROM controlled like the TRON fiber optic ramp lights! Imagine that, eh?

#33 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 10 years ago

The news of the VuK is rather disappointing. But I guess its better than spending several software updates trying to get it right (ie: Metallica hammer).

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The news of the VuK is rather disappointing. But I guess its better than spending several software updates trying to get it right (ie: Metallica hammer).

Or worse getting the same fix in the mail 3 months later. Ahhh....the memories of TFLE drop target air balls.

#36 10 years ago

Sounds like that sealed the deal for me to NOT get a premium...my main interest was in the fact it had all wireforms instead of plastic ramps and the Big Guns style VUK launcher looked awesome. Should've known they wouldn't have the balls to go through with it.

#37 10 years ago

The Warp VUK is still shown on all the LE pictures on Stern's site. If it were removed, you think they'd update? Sounds like silly rumors to me.

#38 10 years ago

Yeah, I'm not expecting a planetarium style laser show - but I am interested to see what Stern will put out.

#39 10 years ago

" If it were removed, you think they'd update?"

Common sense doesn't exactly apply to Stern's marketing department. Otherwise, why would we have NOT seen these premium/LE features in action already?

#40 10 years ago

A distributor gave me this top secret picture of the projector...

twilight-turtle.jpgtwilight-turtle.jpg
#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

my main interest was in the fact it had all wireforms instead of plastic ramps and the Big Guns style VUK launcher looked awesome

Don't forget you still get the asteroid flashers.

#42 10 years ago

Oh joy.

#43 10 years ago

Let's see some LE video please.....Full Production in October and we are 1/2 way thru the month already.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

Full Production in October and we are 1/2 way thru the month already.

More like 1/3

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The Warp VUK is still shown on all the LE pictures on Stern's site. If it were removed, you think they'd update? Sounds like silly rumors to me.

I've talked to several distro's and no one has heard that there was any change in the vuk. It may have never been capable to launch to the warp ramp. Since we haven't seen any video of it in action I would guess it never did. Also it has been confirmed that there is a production delay in the LEs until early Nov. That was based probably due to the popularity of the pro sales and that there was a all hands on deck for code, music and call outs that SR spoke of and will be released on Oct 18th at expo. As the rest of the LE owners I'm very happy with what's coming ahead and I agree with my distributor when he said I hope they take as much time needed to get this machine right (quality,code,testing). I can wait.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from mrobertso2:

I've talked to several distro's and no one has heard that there was any change in the vuk.

You need to befriend some better informed distributors then.

#47 10 years ago

Or ask Steve directly.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Or ask Steve directly.

has anyone gotten the word from him?

#49 10 years ago

It always looked to me like the VUK was supposed to smash the front of the Vengeance toy. Else why the heck is there a carved out part that's screwed onto the front of it that's likely replaceable and less likely has a switch inside it?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Or ask Steve directly.

DON'T GO GETTING ALL CRAZY ON US NOW!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-star-field-projector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.