• Latest reply 9 years ago by Rensh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-06-19-11-19-14-189375811.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

Anyone else find annoying speech in S.T? My top pick is Mr Scott with "that door is there to keep us from getting annailated.....". I forgot the rest but it is very long and repeats often, its happened to me more than once in the same mode. I am starting to avoid save the Enterprise mode just to avoid hearing it. Another is the drain quote "No not this, not this!" It happens almost every time a ball drains unfortunately. I wish I could remove those 2 quotes....and maybe also "You dare shake the Klingon Empire!". I picked up a Tron recently(after S.T) and am amazed at the variety of quotes. I cant even think of any speech that annoys me with Tron. Sure hope they add more call outs to S.T. My favorites are from the Captain, Spock, or the female computer voice.

#2 10 years ago

Code is early. New voices are being recorded with Karl Urban (Bones). Don't take any annoying things too seriously because they probably won't be there anymore when updates come out.

The Klingon Empire quote for shaking is awesome tho

3 months later
#3 9 years ago

Is it just me or when Khan say's "My name is Khan" It sound's like he is saying My Name is Ki or Ky. Does it sound that way to anyone else or am I going Deaf ?

#4 9 years ago

forgot about the quotes.... whenever i've had friends/family over, the one thing they always ask is "WHAT IS NERD MODE?"

#5 9 years ago

To each their own. I like the Mr. Scott speech. I also like Nero's callouts. "Hello Christopher, I'm Nero".

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Anyone else find annoying speech in S.T? My top pick is Mr Scott with "that door is there to keep us from getting annailated.....".

it's 'irradiated' not 'annihilated'

#7 9 years ago

Yeah, that Scotty quote has to go. Lots of cool ones in their already though. All the Klingon sh1t is the best. "YOU ARE TAR", "GRRROSS".

Generally I think the call outs at the end of ball are just too long.

#8 9 years ago

It definitely says Kai. I cannot believe more people haven't mentioned it. It started w/ the most RECENT update from SIX MONTHS ago.

This game needs some code update love.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

To each their own. I like the Mr. Scott speech. I also like Nero's callouts. "Hello Christopher, I'm Nero".

I wish they'd show the character on the DMD during those long bits of speech....it would just be a nice visual cue to go with the audio ...it would give the game more character.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Is it just me or when Khan say's "My name is Khan" It sound's like he is saying My Name is Ki or Ky. Does it sound that way to anyone else or am I going Deaf ?

Quoted from damionrowe:

It definitely says Kai. I cannot believe more people haven't mentioned it. It started w/ the most RECENT update from SIX MONTHS ago.
This game needs some code update love.

It's lifted directly from the movie, that's how he said it in the film. Supposedly he's saying Khan. When I saw it in the theatre, and that line came up, I turned to my wife and said "who the hell is Kai?"

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

It's lifted directly from the movie, that's how he said it in the film. Supposedly he's saying Khan. When I saw it in the theatre, and that line came up, I turned to my wife and said "who the hell is Kai?"

Thanks, I'll have to watch the movie again now to see if it's the same. Glad to know I wasn't going deaf or crazy, well deaf anyway.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

Thanks, I'll have to watch the movie again now to see if it's the same. Glad to know I wasn't going deaf or crazy, well deaf anyway.

He says Khan...he just whisper-trails it off at the end & the sound FX overwhelm it.

#13 9 years ago

Honestly think that the Level 1 end quotes should ONLY be used at the end of the actual mode. It's pointless seeing a lengthy animation, a quote, and my mode total before the mode even ends.

Though there is some speech that is awesome (ie. everything from Vengeance Multiball), I wish there was more of it. Modes like Kobiyashi Maru & Save The Enterprise II / III lack speech and it makes the modes feel boring.

#14 9 years ago

Well here it is, his name is Kai WTF?

#15 9 years ago

i only here khan and always have . Don't know why people here it differently.

#16 9 years ago

I love it when the Klingons insult me by saying, "Your mother has a smooth forehead."

#17 9 years ago

I think when the new code hits, it will include enough new speech to make it very cool.!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

» YouTube video

No, he's clearly saying Khan.

Quoted from limelime20:

One of the main reason's I got rid of mine....
right when I got mine, Karl Urban announces he is going to do call -outs.
He is also a pinhead. I thought cool, this should be done quick...That was about 8 months ago, Ugggh..
Even Karl must be pissed by now.......no excuse.
But I do think it will be cool when the code hits...!!!

Never buy a Stern game on release if you're impatient.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, he's clearly saying Khan.

Never buy a Stern game on release if you're impatient.

Well I guess I am going crazy after all. I have watched the clip over and over and half the time I clearly hear Kai but then all of a sudden I can plainly hear Kahn and just when I am convinced it's Kahn I start hearing Kai again so yea I must be gone.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

» YouTube video

I clearly hear Khai in this youtube message, just as also said in the ST PRO I have.

Reqatched the movie Into Darkness last couple of days and must admit the movie is very well integrated into the pinball when it comes to sound and music (it helps that I replaced the music with Original soundtrack of the movie with Pinball browser )

As a Trekkie it Always wondered me why Khai is said, in all Startek movies, also the Original, it is Khan. For isntance the title of the movie is called Wrath of Khan, not Khai ..... But yes, I hear Khai, sorry

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Don't take any annoying things too seriously

Anyone remember the "ShittyBeast" saga about now?

rd

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Anyone remember the "ShittyBeast" saga about now?

rd

I meant annoying code type things that you know will be fixed. Shittybeast was never going to be fixed, unfortunately.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I meant annoying code type things that you know will be fixed. Shittybeast was never going to be fixed, unfortunately.

ShittyBeast for the win!!

rd

#24 9 years ago

I guess I missed the debate about the Beast. Not a big X-Men fan, only seen one in the wild and I dont think I played it.
I took this from one of my videos of my STLE. What does this sound like? Kai or Khan or does it really matter.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

I guess I missed the debate about the Beast. Not a big X-Men fan, only seen one in the wild and I dont think I played it.
I took this from one of my videos of my STLE. What does this sound like? Kai or Khan or does it really matter.
» YouTube video

It's a very soft 'n' but he's saying Khan. He knew what character he was playing. Let it go.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a very soft 'n' but he's saying Khan. He knew what character he was playing. Let it go.

No idea where this Kai thing is coming from.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No idea where this Kai thing is coming from.

Dude's got broken ears but wants some kind of confirmation that his hearing is fine. It's not...sorry man!

#28 9 years ago

He has a great voice- subtle inflections, but says Kahn. Love his voice work for Smaug even more.

#29 9 years ago

I hear Khan I don't even know what this conversation is talking about.

#30 9 years ago

I clearly hear Khan.

#31 9 years ago

Is it an audible version of this?

2014-06-19-11-19-14-189375811.jpeg2014-06-19-11-19-14-189375811.jpeg

If you really want to hear Kai, you can. I noticed that from day 1.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dude's got broken ears but wants some kind of confirmation that his hearing is fine. It's not...sorry man!

haha.. he said broken ears. too funy man.

how does that song go... you say potatoe i say potato. you say khai i say khan... yadda yadda.

#33 9 years ago

I hear Khai every time. Never hear the "n".
I just as soon as not hear anything from that sh1tty movie tho.

#34 9 years ago

In this movie à lot is talked about the speech made in startrek

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nice-1-hr-video-on-the-making-of-startrek-pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-speech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.