• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bracket_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Do you mean this piece?? See photo in this thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/77-bally-saucer-problem#post-22940

Bally has two of these style ejects. One is left... the other is right... it matters.

I also posted a Bally Parts guide from this year.

Check out page 59.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxwaW5iYWxsZmF6fGd4OjQ0MmVmMjRiYzA2NTE4NmQ

I'm not sure how this link will post, so here's a link to my webpage... it's on the very bottom.
https://sites.google.com/site/pinballfaz/

faz

#6 8 years ago

The two pointed tabs are part of the mounting bracket on page 59. The wings are attached from the underside and tack welded. it's all part of the component. You can't replace just the wings. They don't do anything, it's just a ball guide to get the ball to set on the switch (like your screws).

This is not a plastic part. It's all metal. If you look at the photo I posted in 2011 you can see the image of the back of the bracket. The wings are missing from it, but you can see the dot where the tack weld held them in place.

faz

Bracket_(resized).JPGBracket_(resized).JPG

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

The spot weld must have broken off and the tabs are lost? I'll take a look at my parts and get back tomorrow.

Back when I got my game I found the fins on the bottom of the game. Without a way to weld it on, I picked up a new bracket from PBR.... again, if you buy a replacement there's a left and a right one of these... make sure you get the correct one.
faz

#11 8 years ago

You may be able to use an epoxy. All it does is guide a ball to a button switch. Rarely get's a hard shot being recessed. But clearly some shock is strong enough to break the weld.

Typically (and I've only seen this condition less than 10X) the piece is missing.... so nothing to bond.
If you have the piece try it out.

As for "Steve still has these in stock".... nobody knows (perhaps even Steve ) Call and roll the dice. He did have this a few years ago.
faz

#14 8 years ago

Take off the part. Have it in your hand when you call Steve. He'll ask you the question that tells him 'left' / 'right'.

As far as the pdf. Each page is relative to the beginning. Cover is page 1.... and so on. So, print off pages x-y as per how they appear within the PDF... not the page numbers on the graphic stored within... right?

faz

#16 8 years ago

I have not restored anything... just basic repairs, a few mods.

The "metal boots"... not sure what that might be. I seem to recall a few had a standoff built in... that?
I'll look tonight.

faz

#18 8 years ago

Sorry... late nite. I looked this morning. It does seem fused into the plastic.
faz

#20 8 years ago

I did not say that. There may be a technique. Perhaps a separate post to the forum and/or ask CPR.
faz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_faz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-saucer-kick-out-base?tu=pinball_faz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.