• Latest reply 10 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

update.JPG
#2 10 years ago

Too lazy to download a pdf, I'll check back after someone cuts and pastes the info for me

#3 10 years ago

Um...welcome to last week?

#4 10 years ago

You are Kirk!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Um...welcome to last week?

New to me, sorry. *shrug*

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

New to me, sorry. *shrug*

No problem. Kinda good to have it posted on the front page anyway. I think it was originally posted in one of the pile of mess ST threads. So thumbs up for you

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Too lazy to download a pdf, I'll check back after someone cuts and pastes the info for me

It's almost in a spreadsheet format. It would be real difficult to cut and paste, and it's a pdf link, so it will go right to it in the browser.

#8 10 years ago

so what are the differences between the premium and the LE besides the fact that LE's are numbered and limited.

#9 10 years ago

LE has a nicer speaker panel, nicer siderails with animated lighting feature, LE placard and certificate, a signed playfield, and I think a Shaker. Might be more, but that's basically it.

#10 10 years ago

Here, I made an image clipping of it.

http://imgur.com/x1Hdrxy

#11 10 years ago

From the looks of it, not much of a difference other than VUK, Shaking Vengeance when hit and no kickback in Pro. I still think the asteroids in Premium and up do the starfield projection deal from what I've seen thus far in other threads. I'd still rather have the full experience in the premium. *shrug*

#12 10 years ago

Looks like Stern forgot a line on that sheet.

update.JPGupdate.JPG

#13 10 years ago

Almost like buying a car these days. Sorry, you can't get the power door locks without the leather seats.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Isn't Lyman working on the code for this? I would hope it would be complete with this license and all.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Isn't Lyman working on the code for this? I would hope it would be complete with this license and all.

Nope. He is "overseeing" the code on all games now but that is more of a marketing ploy IMO. Lyman's last game was Metallica and he is still working on it since that has more updates to come.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

This sadly says a lot - even though I'm buying one, not looking forward to early code...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This sadly says a lot - even though I'm buying one, not looking forward to early code...

Kind of concerned now although Im getting a Premium for 1K less. Not that it wont be ironed out anyway. Since I'm new to a NIB Stern, how is the new code loaded by chance? Via USB through the back box?

#18 10 years ago

Where did the list prices wind up? I saw them, but can't remember which thread they are buried in!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Nope. He is "overseeing" the code on all games now but that is more of a marketing ploy IMO. Lyman's last game was Metallica and he is still working on it since that has more updates to come.

I've never heard this as confirmed... as far as I'm concerned he's still one of the programmers assigned an occasional game to work on.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Where did the list prices wind up? I saw them, but can't remember which thread they are buried in!

Per Arstechnica article, Pro model ($5,395), a more expensive Premium ($7,495), and an $8,795 Limited Edition model.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I've never heard this as confirmed... as far as I'm concerned he's still one of the programmers assigned an occasional game to work on.

It has been confirmed in other threads by reliable sources that Lyman is the lead programmer on Metallica and not Star Trek. Doesn't mean ST cannot have good code when it's done, but considering Lyman's track record versus other programmers I only trust in Lyman until others prove me wrong.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Per Arstechnica article, Pro model ($5,395), a more expensive Premium ($7,495), and an $8,795 Limited Edition model.

Those are MSRP. From what I gathered in other threads people seem to be paying (shipped):
$4700 Pro
$6500 Premium
$7900 LE

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

That's some funny stuff right there.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Those are MSRP. From what I gathered in other threads people seem to be paying (shipped):
$4700 Pro
$6500 Premium
$7900 LE

I was going to preface it with MSRP but yeah, those are the actuals.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

How true....but funny

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Kind of concerned now although Im getting a Premium for 1K less. Not that it wont be ironed out anyway. Since I'm new to a NIB Stern, how is the new code loaded by chance? Via USB through the back box?

Yes, use a usb in the backbox - pretty easy and instructions are on their website

#27 10 years ago

Not surprisingly, the Features Guy at Stern Pinball doesn't know the difference between "complimenting" and "complementing." [Under Hardware and Trim] I'm guessing this is true for at least 50% of Pinsiders too...

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

LE has a nicer speaker panel, nicer siderails with animated lighting feature, LE placard and certificate, a signed playfield, and I think a Shaker. Might be more, but that's basically it.

IMHO, you're missing one of the biggest differences between the Pro vs Prem/LE

** Over 60 Controlled Tri-Color LEDs on Playfield with Clear Inserts **

EDIT - sorry - I see now that the question was differences between PREM and LE - not Pro vs Prem/LE. My bad.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

IMHO, you're missing one of the biggest differences between the Pro vs Prem/LE
** Over 60 Controlled Tri-Color LEDs on Playfield with Clear Inserts **

Yeah, but the question being answered was about differences between the Premium and LE....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-propremiumle-differences-have-been-posted?hl=mrg50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.