(Topic ID: 73721)

Star Trek Pro/LE - blue or purple flipper rubbers?

By Ramjet

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by videorob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0857.JPG
Screenshot_2014-03-23-13-23-01-1.jpg
20140322_151851.jpg
1779786_10152707377468677_1374295390_n.jpg
th.jpg
ST ship 1.jpg
P2251214.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Have any of you that have received your Star Trek Pin tried any different colored flipper rubbers?
I'm thinking blue or purple might look nice?

#2 10 years ago

haven't got mine but was thinking purple powder coat and purple flippers would look good , but if i ever wanted the blue metal apron then i guess i'd have to go blue to blend in .

#3 10 years ago

pretty sure ed_in_texas did his LE with purple top and two blue in the bottom. I haven't as I'm saving cash for the mirror universe build.

#4 10 years ago

Added blue colored super bands to mine along with mirror blades. Makes it pop even more, IMO!

#5 10 years ago

I actually went with orange on the bottom. Nice and bright, ties in the orange shoot again. Upper is purple to go with surrounding area. I also put a Cliff light blue post near the spinner instead of single rubber ring and 2 yellow at the vengeance entrance.

#6 10 years ago

Blue super bands here. Left normal black on warp ramp as seemed too grippy with super bands.

#7 10 years ago

Went with blue rubber bands all around. Looks great and the blue rubber is not very grippy at all.

1 month later
#8 10 years ago

I'm thinking of putting yellow Super Bands on black flipper bats.

#9 10 years ago

I think blue looks really good. I put traditional red rubber rings on my pro because I didn't want to use the Superbands.

#10 10 years ago

Blood Wine Red all round

#11 10 years ago

I had blue super bands on my STLE... They look great but I had to take them off because they were causing air balls/excessive ball speeds. I don't fully understand why but super bands almost make my machines feel like I put hotter flipper coils in them. If you could turn down the coil strength on STLE it would be great otherwise something is gunna get broken IMHO

#12 10 years ago

Blue on lower flippers, purple on the upper flipper

#13 10 years ago

Another vote for air balls from Super Bands, put some green ones on my LOTR, never had air balls before, now they are not common but seen. Have even put a few off the glass. Bashing Balrog is easier now though.

#14 10 years ago

I have Clear on the bottom and purple on the one on top.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If you could turn down the coil strength on STLE it would be great otherwise something is gunna get broken IMHO

I thought that this was an option in the menu.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

I have Clear on the bottom and purple on the one on top.

I can't visualize this. Do you have a picture of this?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I thought that this was an option in the menu.

I didn't see it in the options menu, can anyone confirm if flipper coils strength is adjustable on STLE?

1 month later
#18 10 years ago

If you prefer a contrasting color instead of a harmonious color, orange flipper rubbers really pop against the blue background.
P2251214.JPGP2251214.JPG

3 weeks later
#19 10 years ago

I went for 'matching' Orange upper (but red or purple would probably work too) and Blue bottom.
Quite like the contrast or Nosro's Orange bottom bands tho
I do have the Pinball Refinery metallic blue apron tho so the blue bands really match with that.
Either way I think the colours definitely rule over black
ST ship 1.jpgST ship 1.jpg

#20 10 years ago

If you are like me and failed art class, here's a color wheel. A contrasting color is on the opposite side of the wheel. Therefore, a color that contrasts well with blue is orange and a color that contrasts well with red is green. The ultimate contrasting color setup might be to have orange on the bottom, but green on the upper flipper (since it is near a lot of red).

th.jpgth.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If you are like me and failed art class, here's a color wheel. A contrasting color is on the opposite side of the wheel. Therefore, a color that contrasts well with blue is orange and a color that contrasts well with red is green. The ultimate contrasting color setup might be to have orange on the bottom, but green on the upper flipper (since it is near a lot of red)

Damn you man, you brought logic into this conversation.

#22 10 years ago

I like the orange a lot. I might try both yellow (nearby purple) and green (nearby red) to see how they look.

#23 10 years ago

The orange translucent superbands do a goof job adding contrast. They also let light pass through them quite well and appear brighter when things start happening.

1779786_10152707377468677_1374295390_n.jpg1779786_10152707377468677_1374295390_n.jpg

#24 10 years ago

Orange on the bottom flippers to contrast with the blue playfield, yellow on the upper flipper to contrast with the purple plastics.

20140322_151851.jpg20140322_151851.jpg

#25 10 years ago

Screenshot_2014-03-23-13-23-01-1.jpgScreenshot_2014-03-23-13-23-01-1.jpg

Im going to go with these with Light Blue Rubbers

#26 10 years ago

I added the orange lowers today and it looks great. I will pick up yellow and green at TPF to test for the upper.

3 months later
#27 9 years ago

I've installed blue transparent flippers with white SBs on both upper and lower flippers.

IMG_0857.JPGIMG_0857.JPG

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Im going to go with these with Light Blue Rubbers

I actually tried those first, but unfortunately they don't match the LE armor (color) at all so I ended up using the transparent ones instead, which are more neutral. BTW, I love the PDI products, I have bought stuff from them for more than 6K USD over the last year.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Orange on the bottom flippers to contrast with the blue playfield, yellow on the upper flipper to contrast with the purple plastics.

20140322_151851.jpg 373 KB

Ya know that actually looks pretty good! Might switch out my blue superbands in the same manner!

#30 9 years ago

I put white super bands on, looked cool, but the game is so bouncy and stupid fast, I needed more control at the flippers and less ''sticky'' for rolls in and what not. Put the white on my RBION with purple trans bats, where that game is more of an aim, stop and shoot pin and love it.

#31 9 years ago

I went with chrome flippers with blue superbands on the bottom, and brushed aluminum (to match the guide) on the top right flipper with a purple band.

#32 9 years ago

I don't have a Stern ST yet but I was leaning towards blue for the bottom until I saw the orange translucent rubbers.

They really pop but it's not "in your face" pop. I like those the most.

Congrats to all you lucky ST owners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-prole-blue-or-purple-flipper-rubbers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.