“I would rather own a...”

• Star Trek Premium 30 votes
    64%
  • Tron Pro 17 votes
    36%
  • I hate vs. threads 0 votes

(47 votes)

#1 6 years ago

Tron Pro vs. Star Trek Premium. Both are similarly priced. Just to satisfy my curiosity.

#3 6 years ago

I like Tron, but my vote would be ST premium.

I feel that Tron gives you two real things to focus on: getting to Sea of Simulation/Portal, or End of Line jackpots. Both are fun, but you’re always attacking one of those two approaches, if you’re playing for score.

ST is guilty of “hit the flashing shot” syndrome, but the addition of the away team modifier for the level 1 modes really adds an interesting risk/reward element, and there are a number of different ways to approach the game, depending on if you are going for a “safe” score or a “blow up the game” score. In a home environment, the 2nd and 3rd level modes add a lot of variety & strategy.

I’m not a big one for bling, but they’re the same price, so ST will deliver way more bling for the price.

They both have great layouts, but I personally think MET or TWD are better Borg layouts & rulesets. YMMV.

You kind of can’t go wrong, imo; they’re both really good games.

#4 6 years ago

Belive it or not, for all the backlash ST has been given for it's code. There's more to do and shoot for in it than TRON.

I'm a fan of both games, but for a small collection home use only, i'd go with ST PREM.

#5 6 years ago

I had a trek pro. Tron all day every day.

#6 6 years ago

ST is more pinball. Tron is better pinball.

#7 6 years ago

Haven't played ST except on Pinball Arcade. Looks repetitive but fun like SM.

Tron is the only pin I've bought twice, so that should tell you something.

It's also the only pin I've sold twice, so. Ah crap, I'm no help.

#8 6 years ago

ST for a couple years, Tron for life haha.

There’s definitely more to do in ST which works great in a smaller collection. A quest based game is a nice compliment to your Met.

I bought both games at the same time. ST is a great game, but it’s history. I play Tron every day. It’s simple but just SO SO fun.

Both are great choices!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

ST for a couple years, Tron for life haha.
There’s definitely more to do in ST which works great in a smaller collection. A quest based game is a nice compliment to your Met.
I bought both games at the same time. ST is a great game, but it’s history. I play Tron every day. It’s simple but just SO SO fun.
Both are great choices!

I owned a Star Trek Pro for about 6 months, that was over 2 years ago that I sold it. I enjoyed it a lot, this time around I was looking for a Premium. Tron has been on my mind lately, one popped up a couple hours from me and got me thinking about it. It does worry me a bit that they could vault it and I could lose a chunk of money on it if it plummets in value. Tron is one of very few pins in the pinside top 100 that I haven't played. It looks so simple, I keep wondering if it gets boring. No drop targets like MET, just a bunch of stand up targets and ramps. I'm on the fence with Tron big time.

#10 6 years ago

I owned both and enjoyed both, but Tron is one of a kind!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I owned a Star Trek Pro for about 6 months, that was over 2 years ago that I sold it. I enjoyed it a lot, this time around I was looking for a Premium. Tron has been on my mind lately, one popped up a couple hours from me and got me thinking about it. It does worry me a bit that they could vault it and I could lose a chunk of money on it if it plummets in value. Tron is one of very few pins in the pinside top 100 that I haven't played. It looks so simple, I keep wondering if it gets boring. No drop targets like MET, just a bunch of stand up targets and ramps. I'm on the fence with Tron big time.

I'd definitely seek one out and play it. It does get quite expensive with all the mods out there. I think I have more into my Tron than my STLE haha. Only really mandatory thing is the Eli lit ramps though.

#12 6 years ago

ST and TRON are both great games. Get an ST Premium now and a TRON VE in 2018.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Do you really think they'd Vault this one? I know it's all rumors and speculation, but It's been said that Stern can't renew the license with Disney for Tron.

#14 6 years ago

Eh, they said the same thing about AC/DC and I’m enjoying my new vault very much

#15 6 years ago

I much prefer trek to tron

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

This.

Do you really think they'd Vault this one? I know it's all rumors and speculation, but It's been said that Stern can't renew the license with Disney for Tron.

Same was said for AC/DC.

#17 6 years ago

Pish posh. Those in the know have already stated this is doable. Just takes money and a TRON VE = $$$ for Stern.

#18 6 years ago

I have both right next to each other in my game room. Both are keepers so it is a tough choice. I'd say ST prem for you because it looks like you have a small collection and you already have a Borg pin (Met pro).

#19 6 years ago

For all the love ST is getting on this thread, STTNG should be the number one game of all time since it's at least twice the game Stern's ST is.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

For all the love ST is getting on this thread, STTNG should be the number one game of all time since it's at least twice the game Stern's ST is.

I owned an STTNG for about 6 months. It was fun but kinda slow and floaty. I like faster games which is why I gravitate towards the sterns.

#21 6 years ago

... Both are similarly priced...

really ? not at all here in europe
well than, without any doubt i'll go for ST PREM
but of course if you add a TRON LE in the race...

#22 6 years ago

If you owned a st pro and sold it , I don't think a premium would last much longer (its not that much more of a game vs pro ) . Maybe give Tron a try .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-vs-star-trek-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.