“Star Trek Pro, Premium, or LE”

• PRO 33 votes
    45%
  • PREMIUM 10 votes
    14%
  • LE 30 votes
    41%

(73 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider detroit_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

I got a chance to play the LE and the Pro in the same room, at Marvins

Opinions are going to vary, but is it not more of a 75% mark up? you are not really getting any more game, just more bling, and a lot of bling actually.

My thoughts if you should go LE or go Pro--- is this... If you consider yourself “Lord of the Bling”, and or have Hemi’s number on speed dial, and or you own every Mod for AC/DC and or TZ--- Then the LE is without a doubt right for you.
If you are not, then their is probably better things you can do with the additional $3000 plus, even hire Hemi out to mod your Pro out like you want and still have cash left to burn.

Again, this is just MY opinion, but I felt that the LE had features that took away from the game:

1. RGB inserts have to be toned down--- They are blinding-- not even a joke, first time I have complained about lights hurting my eyes. Hopefully their will be an adjustment.
The LED inserts on the Pro, are perfect, bright but not blinding

2. Asteroids in the LE block view points, I like seeing the ramps etc, they are a waste and kind of ugly; you could make your own if needed

3. VUK on the LE, (shire in LOTR) , personally I like the kick back in the Pro better, puts the ball back into play and you have to gain control over the ball back.

4. Left outlane kickback-- This would of been fantastic if Steve would of made this player controlled with another flipper button... (Defender). The ball times on the Pro are pretty long already, probably the longest in any Stern I can think of. If you are the type that sets your games up to 5 ball play, and still struggles, then this maybe a feature you want.

5. The motion lights on the Warp Ramp LE-- I like this, nice touch; hopefully this can also be controlled, it only lasts for a second, it would be nice to slow it down, its easy to miss and not notice.
These motion sensing LED strips are a readily available mod, you can do this to your Pro warp ramp; I would not be surprised if people add this on their other clear ramps.

6. StarField projector-- I am not going to even go to touch this. Probably because I grew up in the 70's and have been to a few roller skating rinks in my day, I just want to hear Disco Duck, while this mode is being played; or even more insult to injury... The Star Wars Disco version during this mode... now your talking

Cabinet lights on the armor, etc are a really nice touch. Still, not something I would pay that kind of cash for. If I really had to have it, I would probably just try to have it done myself and save some cash. Nothing not to like about the cabinet lights on the LE, except your paying for it.

I didnt notice anything really major with the Vengeance Ship, or the center back of the playfield that really stood out to me; if there is a super difference, I am sure you will not hesitate to let me know

I almost expect that the Mod Creators are really going to throw down the gauntlet on this game- it will be interesting to see what Hemi and others come up with.

That is just My two cents-- take that and another $7599.98 and I am sure you can have your very own LE or @1.75ish Pros of your own.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider detroit_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-vs-prem-vs-le-which-one?tu=detroit_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.