30%
  • TNA 40 votes
    24%

(164 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A9E5CC4C-BE21-4E00-A0A4-C945E19481A9 (resized).jpeg
45B0298F-8E2A-4B6D-85E3-F65E5EC6BB40 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago

I currently own all three of these games. I’ve owned Iron Man and ST each since 2014 and have had TNA for a few months. All three are great games.

To be clear: ST is objectively an easy game and it does not fight you...the shots flow from one to another, both ramps are wide open and there is a not a single shot that puts the ball in much jeopardy if it is missed other than (maybe) the warp ramp. The left ramp is one of the easiest back hands in pinball and the left orbit is also an easy backhand. The magnet, such as it is, doesn’t really “fling” the ball at you due to its location being behind the drop target.

Iron Man is an awesome game, it’s the only game I’ve bought NIB twice, but it substantially shares a layout with Austin Powers, Metallica, and GotG (all Borg games with materially the same shots). This isn’t a big deal unless you have two of those four games side by side...

TNA is a scrappy fighter but it shines in multiplayer action. If you have friends over who play with you go for a TNA. If you play by yourself mostly go for one of the other two...that’s my advice as an owner of all three. TNA is my favorite of the three.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

TNA was fun when we played it yesterday. Easy to understand, quick ball times, great multiplayer. The only negative is that it will take awhile to get one, probably until next summer to get on the list now

They are rolling out at a decent pace and I’ve seen a couple people look to sell their spot in line at face value. Call one of the distributors and ask them if they have a spot coming on the line soon available at cost, never hurts to ask.

Yea, I'm looking for multiplayer with the wife and kids. My wife flat out told me she hates the concept of "modes" in pinball as it is confusing to figure out what you are supposed to do. I think in general she is confused playing modern pinball, as am I a lot of times.

The more I read your posts the less I think Star Trek is a good fit for you. I personally love Star Trek, but the ball times are so long it is easily the worst multiplayer game in my collection. I can’t even get people to play it with me because it plays so long. It is also a constant flurry of modes, one after the other after the other. You can’t score unless you are in a mode...and you are always in a mode.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my ST...when I want to go on a long journey it is the game I play...

#46 5 years ago

If Stern did a Tron Vault I wouldn't have even started this thread, I would have just bought a Tron. I don't want to pay current market prices for a used one.

I’m really wondering what the deal is with Stern and Tron. It is hard for me to believe that either SM or AC/DC vaults did as well as Tron would do. The demand is clearly still out there for more Tron machines.

OP, in my expierence when you buy a game a second time it is never as much fun as it was the first time. Whatever reasons drove you to sell it the first will resurface quickly and you won’t be as happy having it back as you think you will be. Everything you are saying in this thread leads everyone to suggest you move on from ST and dip your toe into TNA or IM.

I do agree with the poster above who said TWD May also be worth considering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-vs-iron-man-vault-vs-tna?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.