30%
  • TNA 40 votes
    24%

(164 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A9E5CC4C-BE21-4E00-A0A4-C945E19481A9 (resized).jpeg
45B0298F-8E2A-4B6D-85E3-F65E5EC6BB40 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Not such a weird comparison considering the type of pinball that I like. I want to fight the machine, I want it to fight back. I don't like slow EMs and games that put me on a long quest. Just played TNA this weekend, it's *almost* an easy purchase decision except that it is so basic on the playfield it just feels like it is missing something. But I had fun playing it so maybe that's all that matters, love how the scoop fires the ball back at you, if you blink you won't see it!
I like magnets that whip the ball around, Star Trek and Iron Man have that. Iron Man is a much better theme than TNA to me. Star Trek is the best theme to me. One of these pins will be my next one most likely. Still saving up for it.

IM: If you really like magnets and magnet action; IM is your choice. Keep in mind the rules are fairly shallow, but that works for how brutal this game is. You’ll be having 1-2 minute games, 10 tops.

ST: when the magnet fires off on ST, it’s sweet, but it’s a bit underutilized and doesn’t fling it wildly like IM. If there’s one thing I hate about ST as a whole, it’s how dependent the rules are on having to make the mission start or away team shots. They are the hardest shots in the game yet you have to constantly be hitting them to get anywhere in the game. Sometimes you can hit the shot like no other, and other times you’ll sit there for 1-2 minutes trying to get the ball in that freakin scoop so you can start a mission. Other than that, ST is a fantastic game, but it is the longer player of the 3.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea, I'm looking for multiplayer with the wife and kids. My wife flat out told me she hates the concept of "modes" in pinball as it is confusing to figure out what you are supposed to do. I think in general she is confused playing modern pinball, as am I a lot of times. This is why we got rid of our WOZ, too much going on, not simple enough, not fast enough and the code was too confusing.
TNA was fun when we played it yesterday. Easy to understand, quick ball times, great multiplayer. The only negative is that it will take awhile to get one, probably until next summer to get on the list now.
I grew up with a Paragon in the house as a kid (I'm still looking to buy one). I like knowing exactly what to do. I think Iron Man would be simpler.

Based on this post; don't get ST. TNA or IM should be your choices now. Ironman will suit you guys just fine and kids love the iron monger popping out of the play field and bashing it. The game doesn't have traditional modes where you need to focus on shots so much as you just need to keep the ball alive. Simple ruleset like TNA. Brutal, and fantastic for multiplayer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Wanted
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-vs-iron-man-vault-vs-tna?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.