Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Imeh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just got a NIB ST Pro. It played great for about 50-75 games, but then stopped registering hits on the vengeance ship when the drop target is down. Drop target still works fine and the ship rocks as it should when the drop target is struck. When the lock is lit, the sensor registers the ball passing the drop target and locks it in there as it should.

When the drop target is down, hitting the white target behind it is a dead hit. No points or progress towards vengeance hurry-up, and the ball is not fired back at high speed as it did before.

I looked around for a disconnected wire, but I couldn't see anything obvious. Most of the mechanism is hard to see, as it is above the board and below the vengeance ship. I don't want to pull everything out of there if I don't have to...

So if anybody can give me some ideas of what might have gone wrong or what I should be looking for, it would help me a lot.

Thanks, Pinside!

#2 9 years ago

On doing a bit more research I think it is my upper opto that has shaken loose. Will try to re-seat the connectors when I get home tonight.

#3 9 years ago

Ok so I checked the connections for the opto and it looks fine, it is emitting a red light but not registering when a ball goes through.

#4 9 years ago

Sounds like a bad opto. Both sides should be lit, and register a hit when the beam is broken. I guess it could be the opto board if both optos are good, but I personaly haven't had that issue. I think I read on here somewhere others did though.

#5 9 years ago

To replace the left opto how much do I have to pull off the playfield? Just the left side ramps, just the vengeance ship or both?

#6 9 years ago

Both if I remember correctly. Maybe somebody else know better on here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-vengeance-ship-not-registering-hits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.