Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RacerRik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Maybe this is a well-known thing, but the manual specifies the same coil and EOS switch for the upper flipper, but the machine I'm working on has a smaller coil (didn't get the part number) and no EOS switch (there's actually a plastic spacer installed, so it looks deliberate). Is this configuration correct (i.e. the manual is wrong)? If so, what's the part number for that coil? I don't have full time access to the machine or I'd look myself.

Thanks,

Brad

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from bsnelson:

Maybe this is a well-known thing, but the manual specifies the same coil and EOS switch for the upper flipper, but the machine I'm working on has a smaller coil (didn't get the part number) and no EOS switch (there's actually a plastic spacer installed, so it looks deliberate). Is this configuration correct (i.e. the manual is wrong)? If so, what's the part number for that coil? I don't have full time access to the machine or I'd look myself.
Thanks,
Brad

The upper flipper does not need an EOS. The only thing the EOS does is tell the game the flipper has been pushed down from a hold position and then it re-applies the power.

Rob

#3 9 years ago

Most stern/data east upper flippers don't have eos

#4 9 years ago

A related question, possibly a bit more dumb The fuses located near the bottom flippers are pretty obviously FOR the lower flippers; would one assume that the fuse somewhat near the upper flipper is for that one as well? I have some pics of the bottom of the playfield, but it's not easy to trace the wires that way. I've got parts on order to repair the flipper (it's the well-known disintegrating coil stop), but if I could easily disable that upper flipper until I can make the repair, it'd make the machine more playable.

Brad

1 month later
#5 9 years ago

What does this mean - "the well-known disintegrating coil stop"? Are there some posts on Pinside about this?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

What does this mean - "the well-known disintegrating coil stop"? Are there some posts on Pinside about this?

Yeah, tons. Just search it in the forum. Stern coil stops are garbage.

My ST pro is home use only. Bought new by me.
I bought it oct 2013.

1700+ plays. And replaced them 3 times already. As the flippers started to stick.
Brass dust everywhere inside the cabinet.

#7 9 years ago

Wtf? I don't have any of these problems. I've found the coil stops on sterns to be no different than b/w or anything else and definitely never causing sticking flippers

#8 9 years ago

Me neither. I tend to be lucky with equipment though.

#9 9 years ago

I have had three disintegrate on my ACDC including one that is on the pop bumper bracket. I thought it was just my bad luck, but it seems like it really is a quality problem at Stern if many others are having the same problem. I have never seen this happen on my Williams games that have many, many more plays on them than my ACDC.

Are the replacement coil stops that PinballLife sells any better? I figured maybe they were made by another company rather than the same company that builds the OEM parts for Stern but maybe not...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-pro-upper-flipper-doesnt-match-manual and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.